Home > Main Course > Pizza > Pizza Dough – The Best Pizza Crust (VIDEO)

Pizza Dough – The Best Pizza Crust (VIDEO)

This is hands down the best pizza dough! It makes a New York-style pizza crust that is a thin crust pizza in the center with beautifully puffed edges. You will love this crust – it’s crisp, chewy and so satisfying. Make this and you will never want a store-bought crust again. And, you’ll be known for your pizza!

Baked Pizza dough crust with cheese

Why We Love This Pizza Dough:

This is a make-ahead pizza dough recipe that just gets better with time and it keeps really well refrigerated for at least a week. Here’s more good news: our classic red pizza sauce and creamy white pizza sauce also keep really well in the fridge so you can fire up a pizza whenever the craving strikes. An overnight crust also makes throwing a pizza party stress-free and everyone will be super impressed by your pizza-making skills.

view of inside pizza dough to show pizza crust texture

The #1 Secret to the Best Pizza Dough:

Since most pizza dough recipes have the same ingredients: flour, salt, water, yeast, it’s the process that makes all the difference. This pizza dough seriously tastes like it came out of a high-end pizzeria and in fact, most New York pizza doughs are fermented for at least 24 hours.

The pizza bosses of the world know the secret to an incredible dough is to let it rest and give it time. This process makes the dough much easier to work with and forms the coveted texture, rise, and bubbles at the edges.

Pizza dough ingredients with warm water, flour, yeast, salt and honey

The #2 Secret to the Perfect Crust:

Do not use too much yeast! Many of the quick pizza doughs out there use way too much yeast which makes the crust doughy and makes the center of the pizza rise while baking. If you use too much yeast, you will never achieve that thin crisp crust in the center.

The Takeaway: use less yeast and let the dough rest.

How to Make Pizza Dough Video Tutorial:

Watch the pizza dough video tutorial once and you will be a pro in no time. Here is a quick overview of the process for easy reference:

1. Mix together water, salt and honey. Sprinkle with yeast and set aside 5 min then stir.
  2. Pour water mixture over your flour and stir to combine with a spatula then knead by hand 2 minutes. Cover and let rise 4-5 hours at room temperature.
  3. Transfer dough onto a floured surface and divide in half. Fold each piece of dough 8 times (rotating book fold) and form a ball. Transfer to an oiled bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 7 days. Your dough is done.

Step by step forming pizza dough and letting it rise in bowlFolding pizza dough and letting it cold ferment in the refrigerator.

Why Fold the Pizza Dough?

Folding the dough balls 8 times with that book fold, and turning the dough between each fold, makes the gluten threads stronger and traps carbon dioxide created by the yeast to help form those beautiful bubbles in the dough.

How to Form and Bake Pizza Crust:

1. Remove dough from the fridge 1 hour before using then preheat the oven with a pizza stone in the center to 550˚F.
  2. When the oven is preheated, place room temperature dough onto a floured surface, dust lightly with flour.
  3. Gently press dough down in the center with fingertips then place the dough over the back of your knuckles with both hands together and roll over your knuckles rotating around the dough as you go, keeping a 1″ thicker border. Place 10-12″ diameter crust onto a floured pizza peel.
  4. Add white sauce or red sauce then cheese and toppings. Give the pizza a shake over your pizza peel to make sure it’s not sticking then immediately slide it from your pizza peel onto the preheated pizza stone and bake at 550˚F for 8-10 minutes.

Forming a pizza crust and baking on a pizza stone

Tools for Making Pizza:

The right tools will make the pizza dough making the process even easier. It will also make you look like a pizza ninja to transfer your pizza from a pizza peel onto your hot pizza stone.

What is the Best Flour for Pizza Dough?

You don’t need any fancy flours to develop a gorgeous crust. We used organic all-purpose flour for making pizza. Bread flour will work equally well if that is what you have on hand and it will give you a slightly chewier crust. You can substitute bread flour for all-purpose flour in equal parts.

Note: We haven’t tried making a gluten-free version or any other flour, so let me know if you experiment.

side by side baked pizzas with white sauce and red sauce

Can I Freeze Pizza Dough?

Yes! It’s very easy to freeze this dough and once it’s thawed, it tastes just as good as freshly made. See our tutorial for How to Freeze Pizza Dough.

What to Serve with Pizza:

Once you have your pizza-making skills down, you will want to throw a pizza party. Pizza pairs really well with these easy sides.

Pizza Dough Recipe - The Best Pizza Crust!

Cook Time: 1 day
Total Time: 1 day 10 minutes
Cheese pizza with the best pizza dough

This is hands down the best pizza dough! It makes a New York-style pizza crust that is a thin crust pizza in the center with beautifully puffed edges. You'll love chewing on the crust - it's crisp, chewy and so satisfying.

Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Skill Level: Easy/Medium
Keyword: pizza crust, pizza dough
Cuisine: American, Italian
Course: Main Course
Servings: 8 people (makes 2, 10-12 inch crusts)

How to Make Pizza Dough:

1. In a small bowl, stir together water, honey, and salt then sprinkle the top with 1/2 tsp yeast and let sit 5 minutes then stir.

2. Measure 3 1/3 cups flour in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center. Pour yeast mixture into the center then stir with a firm spatula until the dough comes together. Knead by hand 2 minutes (dough will be sticky). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature 4-5 hours or until doubled in size.

3. Transfer dough to a floured surface, turn to coat lightly in flour so it isn’t sticky then divide in half. Fold each piece of dough in half 8 times, gently pulling the sides over the center like closing a book, turning the dough each time and repeating for 8 folds. Form a ball in your hands and transfer each piece of dough to a lightly oiled bowl seam-side-down, cover and refrigerate overnight (18 hours) or up to 1 week.

How to Form a Pizza Crust:

1. PREP: Remove the dough 1 hour before using to let it relax and come to room temperature. Before forming the pizza crust, fully preheat your oven so pizza can be baked right away. Place a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet onto the center rack of the oven and preheat to 550˚F. Also, lightly flour a pizza peel and prep toppings.

2. When dough is about room temperature and oven is preheated, transfer 1 piece of dough to a floured surface, turning to lightly coat in flour. Pat the center of the dough gently with fingertips. DO NOT pop any bubbles present.

3. Lift the dough over both knuckles and roll your knuckles under the center of the dough, working outward as you rotate the dough along your knuckles and leaving a thicker crust at the edge. Continue working the dough until a 10-12” pizza has formed. It will shrink slightly so make it a little bigger than you think. Place the dough down on a lightly floured pizza peel. Give the pizza peel a little shake to make sure the pizza slides over it and is not sticking.

4. Spread on desired pizza sauce and toppings. Give the pizza another jolt to make sure it slides on the pizza peel (you don’t want it to stick while transferring it into the oven). Slide pizza onto the preheated pizza stone and bake at 550˚F for 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and some of the larger bubbles on the crust are lightly scorched to ensure a crisp crust.

Recipe Notes

*Use a high-quality flour. We used organic all-purpose flour.

Pizza Dough Recipe - The Best Pizza Crust!

• Taona M.
    March 30, 2021

This is an excellent recipe that does not disappoint! The best pizza crust have ever made!

March 30, 2021

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite!

• eeman
    March 26, 2021

hi natasha, i have a question before i bake the pizza. first, do we need a pizza stone? and second, we have a convection bake oven so are we able to bake in that?

March 26, 2021

Hi Eeman, it’s best on a pizza stone, but a regular pan will work great also. We’ve baked this in a regular oven, so I can’t say which adjustments need to be made for a convection oven.

• Jacquie
    March 26, 2021

I’ve made this dough so many times and love it. This has to be like 10th pizza dough recipe I’ve tried and is my favorite. highly recommend.

March 26, 2021

Isn’t it so great! I’m happy you enjoyed that, Jacquie!

• Kinny Lau
    March 24, 2021

Hi Natasha, I have made this recipe umpteen times. I love it! I only have instant yeast, so I add that directly to the flour. And I’ve found it tastes more awesome (and is easier to shape) when I use bread flour. Usually I use this for breadsticks (make the base, add garlic, parsley, butter and cheese, bake then slice into strips). My question: You mention in some comments that we can replace honey with sugar. How much sugar to use, and how would you incorporate it into the dough? Add directly to the flour? Or would I need to dissolve the sugar in the warm water first?

March 24, 2021

I’m so happy to hear you’ve enjoyed this recipe, Kinny! Yes, it can be substituted with 1 tsp of sugar.

• Justin K
    March 23, 2021

Wow.. it really is that simple and that good. You definitely need a nice and hot pizza stone for this because it is a very thin pizza dough, but its taste and texture is amazing. Just made another batch that we’ll be cooking with friends on the weekend, though, I kind of messed up and dumped everything except the yeast in a big bowl, so I just proofed the yeast in a bit of water with some sugar on the side and then kneaded that in… hopefully it turns out as well as the first one. Thanks Natasha!

March 23, 2021

I hope it becomes a hit and your friends will love this recipe! Thanks for your great review, we appreciate it.

• Jan
    March 22, 2021

Hey there,i have made this many times and i just cant seem to get the bottom of pizza to crisp up ? If i cook it longer than the top of the pizza will be burnt but underneath is not really cooked? any tips?

March 22, 2021

Hi Jan, were you using a pizza stone and preheated? If not, make sure you’re preheating your pan.

• Jan
        March 23, 2021

Yes i use a pizza stone and of course its always preheated to 550. I love pizza i could eat it everyday but i would love to tackle this problem with your pizza dough ,the bottom taste awful but the top is cooked perfect ,if i cook longer than the tp will be burnt!! thanks??

March 24, 2021

Hi Jan, sometimes if there are too many toppings, it can make it hard for the bottom of the crust to crisp up properly.

• Elizabeth Ayim
    March 21, 2021

I see the ingredient list has 1/2 Tbsp listed but the directions states 1/2 tsp salt. Which is it? Thank you for such wonderful recipes. I love your site!

• Elizabeth Ayim
      March 21, 2021

Oops I just noticed I read the directions wrong and it’s 1/2 tsp yeast. Sorry!

March 21, 2021

No worries, I hope you love it!

• Elizabeth Ayim
          April 1, 2021

This turned out so good. The first pizza I made 24 hours after the dough tested in the fridge. The second was made almost a week later. My family said the second turned out even better! The dough was easier to work with the longer it was in the fridge. I never even got to try it because they ate it all! Thank you again for such a wonderful website!

April 1, 2021

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Elizabeth!

• Tash
    March 19, 2021

Hi Natasha, thanks for the recipe!! It was definitely the best homemade pizza with a nice chewy crust! Can I freeze the dough as well for future use?

March 20, 2021

Hi Tash, Freezing should work fine. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when freezing. To Freeze Pizza Dough: 1. Let the dough do its cold ferment overnight before freezing. 2. Lightly coat the dough with oil and transfer to a resealable freezer-safe zip bag, squeeze out the excess air, and then freeze up to 3 months. 3. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest on the counter, and come to room temperature 1 hour before shaping.

• Angela Carroll
    March 19, 2021

Hi do you have to cut it in half or can I leave it as one big pizza?

March 20, 2021

Hi Angela, you can make it one big pizza. This recipe is easy to scale up or down or leave it as is and make a very large pizza, it’s just a little more difficult to slide it into the oven if it is larger or heavier.

• Connie
    March 18, 2021

Can this dough be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to use?

March 18, 2021

Hi Connie, this is a make-ahead pizza dough recipe that just gets better with time and it keeps really well refrigerated for at least a week!

• Jayne
      March 20, 2021

Hi Natasha, I’m in England, uk. I’d never baked with yeast before and wanted to make my own pizza dough, found your recipe on line and decided to have a go. I’m now on my 3rd attempt and getting much better. You certainly make it look easy rolling over the knuckles, but as I said I’m Getting there. I’ve had to slightly adapt things as I do not own a pizza stone, so I made it on a pizza plate with holes in and I found if I part baked it for 3 minutes before adding my toppings this worked really well, no soggy bottom! I also found a good quality all purpose( we call it plain here) flour. An organic one with a high protein content, which I think makes a difference.
      I have a very picky son, but he loves the base, thank you for your recipe, I’m sure in time, or I hope, mine will look as professional as yours. I’m also thinking in investing in a pizza steel instead of a stone?
      Thank you once again for a delicious recipe, and easy to follow video.

March 20, 2021

I’m so glad you gave this recipe a try, Jayne! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful comment & feedback with me.

• MARIA MELO
    March 18, 2021

I am not sure about the flour quantity, 3 1/3 cups is the equivalent of how much in kg?

March 18, 2021

If you scroll down to our printable recipe card, most of our recipes have a metric conversion option on the printable recipe card. We are currently working on adding metric measurements to all of our recipes, but it is taking some time to add them one at a time. Thank you so much for being patient! In the meantime, check out our post on measuring which should help.

• Anna-Mari Ainjärv
    March 18, 2021

Made this crust first time and im amazed. I have nevever had the pizza maker in me but the text you wrote spoke to me and i took my self together and started step by step. When it said it had to be in the fridge over night i was a bit sad bc i primised my daughter that we will be having pizza at home tonight for dinner but when i pulled first pizza out of the oven the disappointment disappeared 😳 it was pizza heaven, thank you for the best pizza crust recipe ever. My daughter said it is better than our pizzeria down the street and i was in love with her words, proud and happy mom.

March 18, 2021

I’m so glad you gave this a go! That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review Anna-Mari!

• Tiffany
    March 17, 2021

I love this recipe…but in your video for adding flour into the bowl with the active yeast mixture, you say 3 and 1/4 cups of flour…but in the instructions on the page you mentioned 3 1/2.

March 17, 2021

Hi Tiffany, I recommend following the recipe always because that can be updated but the video cannot be updated anymore once posted. Please share with us how it goes!

• Nanc Fisher
    March 17, 2021

What is your favorite brand of pizza stone?

March 17, 2021

Hi Nanc, we have our favorite one linked to our Amazon Shop Here.

• Nanc Fisher
        March 18, 2021

Thank you! ❤️❤️

• Debbie
    March 13, 2021

Hi Natasha, I love this pizza dough recipe. So easy and so tasty. I personally like a whole wheat crust, I substitute 1 cup white flour with whole wheat and it tastes amazing. I also use he left over doughty make calzones. My husband loves them.

March 13, 2021

Thank you so much for sharing that with me. I’m happy you enjoyed this recipe.

• Adrienne
    March 13, 2021

No oil in this recipe? Wouldn’t it be like a cracker?

March 13, 2021

Hi Adrienne, it’s definitely nothing like a cracker (see above for the texture description). We do oil the bowls that we put the dough into but it isn’t necessary to put it into the dough itself.

• Ashi
    March 12, 2021

Hi Natasha can we use normal table salt for as we do not have sea salt in our area??

March 12, 2021

Hi Ashi, that should work.

• Despoina
    March 11, 2021

Literally the best! I am glad we found you and your recipes Natasha 🙂

• Peter
    March 11, 2021

Jenny, how much protein does the flour that you use have per 100 grams?

• Peter
      March 11, 2021

Hmm icalled you Jenny and it is Natasha, sorryyyy.
      have another question, can i use the balls of Mozzerella and cut it myself insteed of grated Mozzerella or is that to wet?

March 11, 2021

Hi Peter, no worries! Also, some fresh mozzarella would work fine, but be careful not to go overboard since they do release more moisture.

March 11, 2021

Hi Peter, I’m not sure what the protein content is, but this is the Organic all-purpose flour we buy (we get ours at Costco)

• Fooddyy
    March 9, 2021

Hi Natasha hope you are doing great .. wanted to ask that what music do you use . it is too good and suits the food presentation

• Jen L
    March 8, 2021

I have tried SOOOO many different pizza dough recipes over the years, and then I found this one and my search ended. It comes out perfect every time and it’s so much easier to make than any other dough I’ve tried. This is perfection!

March 8, 2021

I’m so happy to hear that! Thank you for sharing your great review, Jen!

• Nic
    March 7, 2021

Just made this red sauce but the only thing I’ll be able to use it for will be Bloody Marys 🙂 Way too watery! Time to give the white sauce a try!

March 7, 2021

Sounds like a good plan, Nic. Please share with us how that goes!

• Lorne McNeil
    March 6, 2021

made your pizza crust the last couple of times. The family will not order in pizza any more. The recipe is beautiful and easy to make.

March 6, 2021

Homemade is always best! Thank you for sharing that wonderful feedback with me.

• Bibi
        March 17, 2021

This is by far the best pizza dough recipe. I see myself making this every week.

March 17, 2021

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite!

• Janice
    March 6, 2021

Do you have to put pizza dough in fridge over night ? Could you use the dough right away or it needs to refrigerate over night ?

March 6, 2021

Hi Janice, this dough really does need the overnight cold fermentation process to rise properly since it doesn’t have a ton of yeast in it. This is what differentiates it from a quick dough, but it’s well worth the wait.

• Raf
    March 5, 2021

Can you use this dough for cinnamon rolls?

• Farrah
    March 3, 2021

How would you suggest I increase the ingredients to make two 15” pizzas!

Thanks very much

March 3, 2021

Hi Farrah, I would increase the recipe proportionally and probably do 1 1/2 times the recipe. You can click on the number of servings in the recipe card and it will help you scale up the ingredient list.

• Farrah
        March 4, 2021

• Farrah
        March 6, 2021

Thank you so much for the suggestions on how to increase the ingredients to mage 15” pizza. I translated to metric, increased the recipe to 1 1/2 the original and made the dough. It turned out absolutely terrific. This will be my go to recipe from now on. 😊❤️

March 7, 2021

I am so happy to hear that! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review.

• Jason
    March 2, 2021

Hey Natasha. Just wondering, is it possible to use this dough to make breadsticks?

March 2, 2021

Hi Jason, I haven’t tested that, but I imagine that may work. If you experiment, I would love to know how you like that. `

• Navie
    March 2, 2021

I put the dough in the fridge instead of letting it sit out because I had to leave my house. When I came home I put it out and it doubled its size. Is it still good or should I remake it ?

March 2, 2021

Hi, you don’t have to re-make it, I would refrigerate at that point to stop the rise and slow down the fermentation process.

• Dwc
    March 1, 2021

Hi Natasha, I just made your pizza crust and it was amazing! I have been trying different pizza crusts searching for a cracker crust, one that is nice and crispy throughout and this one is the closest one I have found. The middle was nice and thin but still a little soft. I know this wasn’t intended to be a cracker crust pizza but If I wanted it to be crisp in the middle, would you suggest pre-baking it with or without the sauce? If I put the cheese on and bake it longer the cheese would brown too much. Thanks again for another great recipe!

March 2, 2021

Hi, sometimes if you overload the pizza with toppings and sauce it can cause the center to soften. I don’t pre-bake the crust, otherwise it may burn by the time the toppings are done.

• Dec
        March 2, 2021

I was put very little toppings and sauce on the pizza so that shouldn’t have caused it to be soft. What I really meant was to try par-baking the crust not pre-baking it. Any thoughts? Thanks

March 2, 2021

I Dec, I haven’t tested it that way, but it could work. Let me know if you experiment

• Maria
    February 28, 2021

Love this recipe! I put the dough in small glass bowls and put on a lid instead of plastic wrap to refrigerate… was surprised to see the dough had doubled in size causing the lid to pop off and then the dough was a bit dry on top but was glad that it was still a great pizza!! Also love the white sauce! I added chicken and pineapple to create the best tropical chicken pizza ever! I never doubt your recipes Natasha!!

March 1, 2021

I’m glad you liked it! Thanks for sharing that with us, maria. I’m sure it will be perfect on your next try.

• Rose Sarr Hjaltalin
    February 28, 2021

Thank you very much for all the receipes you make and share with us 🙌🙏 happy to be one of your followers 😁
    For the pizza dough is it possible to get the measurements in gramme pls?
    Kind regards Rose

February 28, 2021

You are very welcome, Rose Thank you for your great comments and feedback. You can convert the recipe to grams, click on Jump to recipe and click on Metric. Hope that helps!

• Rose Sarr Hjaltalin
        March 2, 2021

Super great, sounds good 😊 thanks for quick answer 🙏😁💐

March 2, 2021

You’re welcome!

• Jan
    February 27, 2021

I’ve tried numerous pizza dough recipes and my family says this is the best! Love all your recipes.

February 27, 2021

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review, Jan!

• Tonya
    February 24, 2021

Hi Natasha, we love all your recipes but I measured just like you said and the dough came out so dry. I’m crossing my fingers it still comes out once it rises. We shall see.

February 25, 2021

Hi Tonya, please share with us again how it goes. I hope it becomes a success!

• Angela Carroll
    February 23, 2021

Hi I made this and it came phenomenal the first time. However the next 2 times i had trouble with the dough. It kept forming holes in the middle and it would not stretch out as big as the first time. also my pizza peel will not slide the pizza off even with the flour!! HELP!!

February 24, 2021

Hi Angela, make sure to let it rest at room temperature after refrigeration as described (this helps relax the dough and gluten strands) and flour your hands to roll it over your knuckles which should help.

• Angela Carroll
        February 24, 2021

thanks for replying! you guys always follow up!

• Eileen Weber
      February 27, 2021

This EXACT thing happened to me, Angela…it kept tearing in the middle…it ended up way smaller than the first dough I made and it tasted like bread. What did I do wrong. Followed the recipe to the T!

• Cindy
        March 2, 2021

Same here! I thought it was just me! I really struggled with the dough as it kept ripping in the middle! Natasha makes it look so effortless, but this one obviously takes a lot of practice and trial and error! !

• Angela Carroll
        March 19, 2021

I’ve made this 3x and it only came out perfectly the first time ugh! idk it’s so frustrating. trying one more time! lol

March 20, 2021

Hi Angela, consider if you using different flour, or making any substitutions? Letting it rest at room temperature and in the refrigerator for the same amount of time? Heating the oven adequately? I’d also suggest watching the video tutorial to see where things started to look different.

• Eloise
    February 23, 2021

This pizza dough is literally the best I have ever made. With my boyfriend we keep making it since last week and this is just extra delicious. Thank you for a great recipe 😊

February 23, 2021

You’re welcome, Eloise! I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe!

• Brandy
    February 23, 2021

We have tried a few recipes and this one is the winner! I don’t think we will order pizza any time soon because this hits the spot!

February 23, 2021

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite!

• Elizabeth Stevens
    February 22, 2021

Another winner- the best pizza dough recipe ever! I’ve made with both sauces- just made it with the white sauce recipe and added fresh basil, mushrooms and shrimp to recreate one we’ve missed during covid at our favorite Italian restaurant. It was perfect!!

February 22, 2021

Hello Elizabeth, sounds delicious! I’m happy to know that you were able to recreate your favorite pizza. You can now make it at home anytime you want to!

• Darlene
    February 22, 2021

I am looking for a recipe for a thin crust chicken bacon ranch. Any suggestions or recipes?

February 22, 2021

Hi Darlene, I don’t think I have a recipe similar to that yet but thanks for your idea and suggestion. I’ll try to add that to our list!

• Greg Pair
    February 21, 2021

Hello Natasha, my family and I love your recipes and I have recommended your website to many folks. I have a question about the pizza dough. Can it be frozen? I see in your instructions that it can be refrigerated up to seven days, but I didn’t see anything about freezing it. Thanks and God bless.
    Greg

February 21, 2021

Hello Greg, wow thank you so much for recommending my recipes. Yes you can freeze the dough. Freezing will work fine. To Freeze Pizza Dough: 1. Let the dough do its cold ferment overnight before freezing. 2. Lightly coat the dough with oil and transfer to a resealable freezer-safe zip bag and squeeze out the excess air then freeze up to 3 months. 3. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator then transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest on the counter and come to room temperature 1 hour before shaping.

• Sandra
    February 20, 2021

Hi
    Yours is the first pizza recipe I have made (I mostly make all my own bread) and have now made it twice and turned out very good. The crust looked great with lots of air holes just like it was from a good pizzeria. The only thing I found was the crust was a little tough and too chewy. Any suggestions? If I don’t use both portions within the week, can I freeze and how?

February 22, 2021

Hi Sandra, make sure to measure the flour the same way. A tough dough sounds like too much flour. I also always recommend following the same process and tools whenever possible before making adjustments.

• Sandra
        February 24, 2021

I did try again being careful to measure flour carefully (I fluffed with whisk and remeasured). Best one so far and got a 10 from friend I shared with.

February 24, 2021

Wow, the perfect rating is awesome! Thanks for sharing, Sandra.

• Peggy
    February 17, 2021

I also ordered the pizza kit you listed. I was tired of struggling and not having the right equipment! Excited to have it all! Thanks, Natasha!

February 17, 2021

I’m so glad you got it! I hope you love this recipe!

• Peggy
    February 17, 2021

This is the best pizza dough I’ve ever tried. It’s now my go-to! Question: About how much cheese do you use on your cheese pizza? I don’t think I used enough though it looked generous at the time. Thank you for all your recipes, I’ve tried several and they are ALL keepers!

February 17, 2021

Hi Peggy! Thank you so much for sharing that with me. We like a nice generous layer of cheese. I recommend watching the video for reference; shortly after the six-minute mark, you can see how much we added.

• Rajwinder Bath
    February 17, 2021

Littile bit confused with water ur water look more in jug when I measure its very less can u give me water measurement in ml or oz

February 17, 2021

You can convert the ingredients to grams/ml, just click Jump to recipe to go to the recipe card and then click Metric.

• catherine flint
    February 16, 2021

I also have tried a few dough recipes and although the others are good nothing compares to this one! I have a ball on the counter right now!

February 16, 2021

Thank you for your great feedback and review, Catherine. I’m glad you enjoyed this recipe!

• Michele
        February 19, 2021

Hi Natasha, you are my go-to chef….I made this pizza dough. The first pizza was great. I froze the second half and used it 2 weeks later. It was not good…what do you think I did wrong? It was tough and flat.

February 22, 2021

Hi Michele, it’s hard to say without being there, you can freeze the dough. Freezing should work fine. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when freexing. To Freeze Pizza Dough: 1. Let the dough do its cold ferment overnight before freezing. 2. Lightly coat the dough with oil and transfer to a resealable freezer-safe zip bag and squeeze out the excess air then freeze up to 3 months. 3. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator then transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest on the counter and come to room temperature 1 hour before shaping.

• Kathy
    February 15, 2021

I have tried many pizza dough recipes in search of one that is close to a pizza shops in my neighborhood. This recipe is exactly what I was looking for. Its the best pizza dough recipe. Thank you for sharing it.

February 16, 2021

Fantastic! You are very welcome. Thanks for giving this recipe a try, I’m happy that you loved it!

• nowzeca
    February 15, 2021

omg, the best pizza crust ever. thank you so much for the recipe.

February 15, 2021

Glad you loved it! Thanks for your great feedback.

• Maddi
    February 13, 2021

Definitely the best pizza dough recipe I’ve ever done. I thought that maybe I had done it a bit wrong at the start because it was a bit sticky but it all came together to make a really great pizza

February 13, 2021

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite!

• Salma
    February 13, 2021

Tried it and it is so crispy and delicious

February 13, 2021

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Felicia
    February 12, 2021

I tried this recipe twice now and had to throw out the dough during the first steps. I mixed the water, salt, honey and yeast, then added it to the flour. I triple checked the measurements and each time I added the wet ingredients to the dry and stirred with the spatula the mixture became so dry.. not at all like it looked in your video. Not sticky, but very powdery and dry. Can barely knead it. Help! what am I doing wrong?

February 12, 2021

Hi Felicia, I’m curious if it’s your method of measuring flour. Be sure to measure by fluffing the flour first with a spoon, then spoon it into a dry ingredient measuring cup and scrape it off the top. If you push your measuring cup into a flour bin, you will get up to 25% too much flour. Also, do not tap the flour down in the measuring cup.

• Hana
    February 12, 2021

Hi natasha I always try your pizza and it taste excellent but the dough is not crispy and nice as yous what can be the problem

February 12, 2021

Hi Hana, make sure your pan is preheated and hot. Were any steps or ingredients altered by chance? I recommend reading through the entire recipe post for tips.

• Mary LeBlanc
    February 12, 2021

what would you suggest if i do not have a pizza stone?
    I’m very excited to try 🙂
    thank you!

February 12, 2021

Hi Mary, this will work great on a pan. A few readers mentioned they made it on a pan with excellent results.

• Misha Hashmi
    February 11, 2021

Hey Natasha can I use bread flour instead of AP flour?

February 11, 2021

• Kimberly
    February 10, 2021

My oven only goes up to about 480 – will this be enough? Many thanks!

February 10, 2021

Hi Kimberly! That will work. It may take a little longer.

• PG
    February 10, 2021

I enjoy your down to earth recipes. The videos are direct, simple to follow and entertaining. Keep up the good work.

February 10, 2021

Thank you for that wonderful compliment! I’m so glad you’re enjoying our videos!

• Mark
    February 9, 2021

This recipe is excellent I’ve made it a few times now using your white sauce recipe. The problem I keep having even after making sure I’ve used plenty of flour on pizza peel and shaking it around is by the time I go to slide it off onto pizza stone I have problems with it sticking. Any suggestions?

February 10, 2021

Hi Mark, I like to give the pizza peel a little shake just before it goes into the oven to make sure the pizza slides over it and is not sticking. Also, make sure not to use too much sauce and overfill with toppings and do not assemble the pizza until it is ready to be baked. I found that if it sits for too long with the weight of the toppings and sauce, it is more likely to stick.

• Beverly
        April 8, 2021

No reason to look any further for the perfect pizza recipe! (including your homemade sauces, both are excellent)Thank you Natasha for the easy to follow instructions and for all of the great tips. For those of you that love your pizza loaded like I do, but don’t want to risk your pizza sticking to the peel or wind up with a soggy bottom crust I do 3 things: make 3 smaller pizzas instead of 2, bake your pizza with only the meat of your choice and sliced olives and lastly, broil your moist topping (onions, mushrooms, bell peppers) to top your pizza with when it comes out of the oven.

April 8, 2021

Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful tips with us, Beverly!

• Liyana
    February 9, 2021

I don’t think my yeast fermented well. After about 6 hours my dough has risen but I don’t think it’s sufficient. Would you recommend starting again or leaving it longer. It’s also not very warm in the room it is.

• Liyana
      February 9, 2021

I tried the finger test. It did not puff up again and stayed out.

February 9, 2021

Hi Liyana, it could take longer if the room temperature is cool and that is ok, just let it rest until doubled in size before refrigerating.

• Liyana
        February 10, 2021

Thanks I let it rest in a warmer room little longer. Didn’t change and the dent I made earlier stayed as is, so I refrigerated it. Will test it today, if it doesn’t work will restart with a new yeast.

February 10, 2021

That sounds like a great plan – I wonder if the yeast might be dead or expired?

• Amity
          February 21, 2021

I am curious if the 1/2tsp is enough. Most recipes call for 2-3tsps.

February 21, 2021

Hi Amity, this isn’t a quick dough. The quick doughs call for more but they do compromise in quality and texture.

• Nola McLaren
    February 8, 2021

Have you ever made breadsticks with your pizza dough? I have heard of that done.

February 8, 2021

Hi Nola, I haven’t tested that but here is what one of our readers wrote: “I’ve tried many recipes over the years, this is hands down the best! I was a little skeptical st only 1/2 tsp of yeast but worked great. Also made breadsticks with the white sauce and cheese, and used the homemade pizza sauce for a dip, very good” I hope that helps.

• Angela Carroll
    February 7, 2021

Good lord this was absolutely delicious! Your white and red sauce were just perfect too! Crust came out crisp and bubbly! My fam said it was the best they ever had. Do you suggest to refrigerate overnight before baking? Or can I bake the same day it’s made?

February 8, 2021

I’m happy that you and your family loved it! Thanks for your good feedback, Angela. I recommend refrigerating overnight (18 hours) or up to 1 week.

• Angela Carroll
      February 9, 2021

Thank you!!!! I’m loving all your recipes!!

• Janine Barclay
    February 6, 2021

I have a question. I froze the dough and when I took it out I found it very sticky. I tried to flour my hands which worked for 20 seconds until it was worked in and then it got very sticky again. Is this because the dough was frozen? I used your instructions from the comments to freeze it.

February 6, 2021

Hi Janine, did you make sure to thaw fully overnight in the refrigerator and then bring it back to room temperature for an hour before forming? You will need to dust the dough and hands the same way with a little flour to work it into a round.

• Susan Phillips
    February 6, 2021

What is the purpose of the honey? Is it to feed the yeast instead of sugar? Could pure maple syrup be a substitute?
    Thank you, looks so delicious!
    Not sure about the fist motion! Hope I can do that!
    God bless!

February 6, 2021

Hi Susan, that’s exactly right. It feeds the yeast. I haven’t tried maple syrup, but sugar works well.

• Barb M.
    February 5, 2021

So, it’s Friday night & I decide to make homemade pizza. I find your video and decide to make it while I watch you. All is well til I come to the part of letting it rise 4-5 hrs! Then I was further surprised to find the dough was to go in the fridge overnight! I needed it now.
    So, I made the dough; stuck it in the oven a few min to warm; took it out and added some flour & kneaded it. I cut it into 2 pieces & started the pizza parlor dough formation. It stretched out too much in the middle and there were holes in the dough. Added the 2nd half and more flour. Couldn’t do the pizza parlor thing so I rolled it out. Warmed my stone — but I didn’t have a pizza paddle. Put cornmeal on a flat cookie sheet. And, miraculously it “slid” onto the stone with 99% of the toppings intact! It smelled wonderful as it baked. I honestly thought I was in a pizzeria. About 15 min later I took it out. The bottom was browned perfectly. The crust was crisp and done perfectly.
    The pizza was delicious! I will definitely try it again when I have the time to actually follow your recipe!

February 5, 2021

I’m so happy it worked out, Barb! I can’t wait for you to try it after resting it full time. It’s our favorite pizza recipe!

• Jonathan
    February 5, 2021

Its really easy to make and im only 10

February 5, 2021

• Zee
        February 9, 2021

So supper plz let me know thin pizza crust recipe

• Steve Digby
    February 4, 2021

Great pizza dough, mine kept rising while in the fridge and didn’t really look like the ones you took out of the fridge, but followed through and it turned out great. Wondering if the individual balls can be frozen?

February 5, 2021

Hi Steve, yes you can freeze the dough. Freezing will work fine and this is the process that worked for me. To Freeze Pizza Dough: 1. Let the dough do its cold ferment overnight before freezing. 2. Lightly coat the dough with oil and transfer to a resealable freezer-safe zip bag and squeeze out the excess air then freeze up to 3 months. 3. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator then transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest on the counter and come to room temperature 1 hour before shaping.

• Karen L
    January 31, 2021

This is THE BEST CRUST IN THE WORLD and makes pizza perfect every single time! We don’t even order take out anymore! It takes a little extra planning with the 24 hours it suggests in the fridge- but it’s worth the wait. We’ve also made this in a pinch and didn’t let it sit overnight- or at all for that matter after it had risen and it was equally delicious. I make this for family gatherings and it’s always a crowd wower! Thank you so much for this incredible recipe! I wish I could share a photo of our beautiful pizza ☺️

January 31, 2021

Love your feedback! Thank you so much for your fantastic comments and review. We really appreciate you sharing this with us and I hope you and your family will every recipe that you will try for them, Karen.

• LaDonna
      February 5, 2021

Made your pizza tonight with the red pizza sauce and by the was was so easy and very delicious! My problem, my crust was tough, what do you think I could of done wrong? Going over it in my head I really feel I followed your every move. Thinking it over in my head the only thing I can come up with is that I didn’t have a pizza stone and needed to use a aluminum cookie sheet. Please enlighten me, I want to try it again.

• Gabriela Lutsch
    January 31, 2021

Best pizza dough ever.

January 31, 2021

Awesome! Thank you too for your great feedback, Gabriela.

• Jackie
    January 30, 2021

When I told our adult children I was trying a new pizza dough, they almost staged a protest!😂 I don’t have a pizza stone. Can you recommend how I should proceed with regular metal pizza pans? Should the oven temp be the same? And cooking time? If this dough works for me, looks like a pizza stone is in my future 😉 I’ll keep you posted! Dough will be ready to use on February 1👍🏼

January 30, 2021

Hi Jackie! A pan will work great! I would follow the same steps! We look forward to your feedback.

• Dennis
      February 3, 2021

I haven’t had much luck with pizza stones, they always seem to break. I found that unglazed quarry tile works just as good if not better. They can be found in the tile section of your home improvement center. Four 4”x4” tiles fit nicely together on the wire rack in the oven. Much less than buying a new stone.

• JAQUELINE
    January 29, 2021

I made your pizza dough, I just used homemade tomato sauce and pesto, homemade too, to cover. Delicious! I will make this pizza dough more often, it is very easy and tasty.

January 29, 2021

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Alissa
    January 28, 2021

This was SO GOOD! I made your marinara and pizza dough yesterday to cook tonight. I made the recipe twice and ran out of flour so 1 batch had about half wheat flour. It was still so good. My kids patted their own pizzas so they didn’t have the beautiful bubbles but they loved it.

January 29, 2021

Great to hear that! Thanks for sharing that with us, Alissa.

• Jen
    January 27, 2021

Thanks for the recipe! I started and put the dough on my dining room table to rise for 4 hours and forgot about it (UGH! overnight at room temp)! Well, today it definitely rose at
    least x2, maybe 3 times it’s size! So I then did the folding x8 and put it in the oiled bowl in fridge. Think it’s still OK? I’m gonna see!… crossing my fingers.

January 27, 2021

I think that will be okay but please share with us how it goes. I would love to hear your feedback, Jen.

• Jennifer
        January 28, 2021

Made the pizzas today and they were perfect!! Apparently 4 hours (or 24 hours) for the first rise is OK! (Phew!) And the crust was delicious!

• Lisa
    January 25, 2021

This is the best pizza crust I’ve ever had! Who needs take-out when you can make pizza like this so inexpensive. The white pizza sauce is awesome too! Thank you!

January 25, 2021

I’m happy that you loved this pizza dough! You can now make your own pizza at home anytime you crave it. Thank you for sharing your good experience with us, Lisa.

• Michael Ricchetti
    January 25, 2021

Can you use 00 flour instead
    Does the amount by weight change

January 25, 2021

Hi Michael, I haven’t tested that so I can’t give you exact details on that substitution with 00 flour.

• Cindy
    January 24, 2021

Wonderful video! This dough is so easy and takes no time at all. Had fun making dough with my daughter and even though we didn’t leave it in the refrigerator overnight, we did leave it in for a couple of hours. Then we formed the pizza and we all put our own toppings on it. Our pizza turned out DELICIOUS… thin and crusty, just the way we like it. We have moved and I could not find our stone so baked it on a cookie sheet with parchment. I can’t wait to try the crust on our stone. Will try your sauces on our next pizza night.

January 25, 2021

Fantastic! That makes me happy too, thank you for sharing your experience making this recipe, Cindy. We appreciate your great feedback!

• Susan
    January 23, 2021

I am going to try your pizza recipe after failing at three other recipes and carefully measuring . I notice you said you use organic all purpose flour, can you tell me the name brand, I am desperate to succeed. Thank you

January 23, 2021

Hi Susan, I buy that flour at Costco and it is produced by Central Milling Company.

• Glow
    January 21, 2021

Hi! I would love to do this but I only have INSTANT DRY YEAST on hand! What would the measurement be? Thank you ☺️

January 21, 2021

Hi there, I have only tested this with regular yeast and not instant so I can’t speak to the process changes if you are substituting that ingredient without testing it through myself. My guess would be to keep the process the same.

• Eva
      January 22, 2021

Yes. I use instant yeast all the time. Keep an eye on it as it may rise faster than you think especially if it’s in a warm area.

• VALERIE
    January 20, 2021

Absolutely PERFECT! My husband says this is the best pizza dough I’ve ever made, and I’ve tried a lot! Now I’m excited about trying your white sauce! Thanks for sharing all the tips. This is a definite keeper 🙂

January 20, 2021

That’s so wonderful! Thanks to you both for your great comments and review of this recipe. I appreciate you sharing your experience with us!