Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes
These easy, 20-minute Air Fryer Potatoes are ready in half the time as Oven-Roasted Potatoes and they turn out just as crispy. This recipe proves that sometimes the simplest recipes are the best – perfectly crisp on the outside, tender inside, and tossed with olive oil and simple seasonings.
This might just become your new favorite potato side dish!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
We love using our air fryer for fast and tasty dinners, from Air Fryer Chicken Wings to Air Fryer French Fries. If you are a fan of lightning-quick side dishes, this recipe for Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes is a must-try!
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes Recipe
We never get tired of Oven-Roasted potatoes. But sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the evening for preheating and roasting in the oven. It’s nights like these when the air fryer is my best friend. These air fryer-roasted potatoes are on the table in just 20 minutes and they turn out just as crispy and satisfying.
Serve easy air fryer potatoes as a quick side dish during the week, or use this recipe to save oven space over the holidays. Anytime you air fry them, it’s a win-win. Here’s why you will love this recipe:
- Quick – Air frying is a great shortcut to delicious roasted potatoes, ready in half the time it takes in the oven.
- Super Crispy – These potatoes crisp up perfectly thanks to the high, dry heat and a light coating of olive oil.
- Easy to Scale – This recipe serves 2-4 (depending on how hungry your crew is) and you can easily double it and fry it in two batches.
- Versatile – The possibilities are endless for seasoning air fryer potatoes.
The main ingredients you’ll need for these roasted potatoes are very basic:
- Potatoes – Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½”-¾” pieces.
- Oil – I recommend extra virgin olive oil to help them crisp up and brown nicely. It also adds great flavor.
- Seasoning – I use a combination of salt, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Find more seasoning suggestions in the variation section below.
- Parsley – Freshly chopped as an optional garnish.
Pro Tip: Wondering which potatoes are best for air frying? Yukon gold (or yellow potatoes), red potatoes, russet potatoes, and baby or new potatoes will all crisp up beautifully in the air fryer.
How to Air Fry Potatoes
Here’s how to roast potatoes in the air fryer in 3 easy steps:
- Prepare Potatoes – Wash off your unpeeled potatoes, then chop them into bite-sized chunks (about ½” to ¾” thick). Add the potatoes to a bowl and toss to coat in olive oil and seasoning.
- Air Fry– Spread the seasoned potatoes in an even layer inside the air fryer basket. Air fry at 400˚F for 18-20 minutes or until golden, flipping halfway through.
- Serve – When the potatoes are crisped and fork-tender, serve them warm garnished with fresh parsley.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Potatoes
Some additional tips when air frying potatoes:
- Leave the Skins On – There’s nothing more delicious than a crispy, salted potato skin, and it’s more nutritious. Don’t forget to give the potatoes a thorough wash/scrub.
- Avoid Cooking Spray – Aersol cooking sprays will damage the coating of your air fryer basket. Tossing the potatoes in olive oil keeps them from sticking.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket – the potatoes need room for the air to circulate and crisp up properly.
Get as creative as you’d like when it comes to seasoning your potatoes. Here are some easy recipe variations:
- Ranch Potatoes – Season with a packet of dry Ranch seasoning, adding it to taste.
- Taco Seasoning – for a southwestern spin on your potatoes.
- Cajun Spice – Season with your favorite Cajun seasoning blend.
- Chili Lime – Ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Bacon – Toss with cooked crumbled bacon.
- Lemon and Herb – Dried or fresh herbs like basil, oregano, dill, and a squeeze of lemon.
Yes, air frying is a healthier alternative to deep frying. These potatoes get just as crispy with a fraction of the oil.
Your air fryer potatoes are done when the outsides are crispy and golden brown, and the insides are tender when pierced with a fork.
In this recipe, you don’t need to soak the potatoes in water before roasting them in the air fryer.
What Goes With Air Fried Potatoes?
Turn these air fryer roasted potatoes into a well-rounded meal with simple serving ideas:
- Meat – pair with Pan Seared Steak, Creamy Tuscan Chicken, or Juicy Pork Tenderloin.
- Roasts – Perfect with a Juicy Roast Turkey for the holidays or a weeknight dinner with Mississippi Pot Roast.
- Veggies – With a fresh green salad, Roasted Cauliflower or Roasted Asparagus.
Roast up a batch of perfectly seasoned potatoes for your next meal. I’d love to know your favorite way to season your potatoes in the comments.
If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, these air fryer potatoes refrigerate and reheat really well.
- To Refrigerate: Cooked potatoes can also be kept airtight in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Freezing: Seal these air fryer roasted potatoes in an airtight container or freezer bag and store them frozen for up to 6 months. Thaw overnight before reheating cooked potatoes as described below.
- To Reheat: I recommend reheating thawed roasted potatoes in the air fryer at 400ºF for a few minutes, or until warm and re-crisped.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes:
If you love this easy air fryer potatoes recipe, here are more quick dinner ideas to try:
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Crispy Zucchini (with Air Fryer Option)
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Crispy Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes Recipe
These 20-minute air fryer-roasted potatoes are ready in half the time as oven-roasted potatoes and they turn out just as crispy!
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, cut into bite size pieces about 1/2” -3/4” thick, skin-on, scrubbed
- 1 ½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp fine sea salt, or added to taste
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, or added to taste
- 1 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped, to garnish, optional
Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces, about 1/2” to 3/4” thick and place in a medium mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on the seasonings. Toss to combine and coat in oil and seasonings.
Transfer potatoes to your air fryer basket in a single layer and Air fry at 400˚F for 18-20 minutes, flipping and tossing halfway. Air fry until potatoes are golden brown and crisp on the outside and tender when pierced with a fork. Garnish with parsley and serve.