Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Make the BEST crispy and crunchy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries. Sweet potatoes sliced and seasoned with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper then air fried until crisp on the outside with a creamy and tender center.
Air Fryer recipes are perfect when you are limited on time but don’t want to miss out on flavor. You can enjoy crispy Air Fryer Bacon or Air Fryer Baked Potato much faster than putting them in the oven and the crunch is irresistible.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
There is nothing better than homemade fries to satisfy that craving for ‘fast food’! These delicious fries are tossed in oil and seasoning then air-fried to perfection. It’s a quick and easy method to cook sweet potato fries.
The air fryer essentially bakes foods but much faster than the oven, leaving foods crisp without needing to be fried in oil. Air frying results in healthier fries because they aren’t deep-fried so they are super satisfying and you’ll feel good about your snack choices.
With just a few staple kitchen ingredients, you can have these sweet potato fries cooking in no time.
- Sweet Potatoes – any size sweet potatoes will work. One pound works great per batch without overcrowding the air fryer basket.
- Oil – We used light olive oil because it has a high smoke point.
- Seasoning – all you need are simple pantry staples including salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Prep potatoes – peel and slice the potatoes into ¼-inch-thick slices, cutting them in uniform size for even cooking. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle oil over fries and toss to combine
- Season – combine the seasoning ingredients and sprinkle over the fries. Toss to combine and evenly coat in seasoning.
- Air Fry- add the fries into the air fryer basket and air fry at 380˚F for 12-14 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro or parsley and grated parmesan if desired.
That is fine! Just bake the fries at 425F for about 13-15 minutes, or until crispy.
Add fries back into the air fryer basket and cook until heated through and re-crisped.
You do not have to preheat the air fryer for this recipe.
You can air fry them for longer, until the desired crispness. Also, serve right away and keep uncovered or the steam will soften the fries.
To Serve Sweet Potato Fries
Whether you prefer them served with ranch dressing or ketchup, sweet potato fries are always a good choice. You can also try one of our homemade dipping sauces:
More Air Fryer Recipes
Sweet potato fries and pretty much everything cooked in the air fryer is more crispy and less oily. If you aren’t in love with your air fryer yet, these air fryer recipes will have you convinced.
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Asparagus
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into ¼-inch-thick slices, making sure they are all uniform in size for even cooking.
- Add fries to a large mixing bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss to combine.
- In a separate dish, combine the salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika. Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the potatoes and toss to combine.
- Transfer fries to an air fryer basket and cook at 380F for about 12-14 minutes, flipping halfway. Air fry until golden brown and crisp on the outside. Timing may vary depending on the air fryer style you have.
- Garnish with cilantro or grated parmesan if desired and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.