Pull-Apart Apple Bread Recipe
This Apple Bread Recipe is filled with all the cozy Autumn flavors. The soft pull-apart bread loaded with a butter spread, apples, cinnamon and a tasty glaze is phenomenal.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This Apple bread is a winner not only during apple season but can be enjoyed all year round. Your house is going to smell wonderful as the aromas of the apple bread fill the home!
Hey, hey! Valentina with Valentina’s Corner sharing a wonderful homemade Apple Bread Recipe.
Apple Bread Recipe
This homemade apple bread is everything you can ask for in a sweet bread recipe. A soft and fluffy bread loaf that’s rolled out like cinnamon buns and topped with a generous portion of a vanilla butter spread, chunks or grated fresh apple and finished off with cinnamon sugar. The dough is cut and stacked like a pull-apart bread and topped with the most heavenly glaze.
This sweet bread is a great idea to make around the holidays as gifts for your neighbors, friends and school teachers.
Pull-apart bread (2 ways):
- When adding the stacked dough to the pan, for a pull-apart bread loaf, stack the bread loosely in a single layer.
- For a bread loaf that you will cut into slices, stack the pieces unevenly and intertwined so you can cut the bread with a knife and it won’t fall apart.
What kind of Apple is best for Apple Bread?
Most crisp apples will work in this recipe; Granny Smith, Gala and Golden Delicious are all great choices. Stay away from apples that soften easily, like the McIntosh.
Tips for How to Make Apple Bread:
- Be sure the flour is measured out correctly (see tips HERE).
- The milk should be warm for the yeast to activate and become foamy. Milk should be just warm to the touch.
- The dough should feel soft and not stick to your hands or mixing bowl. If your dough sticks to the bowl, add a few more tablespoons of flour, mixing well after the added flour.
- Mix the dough using a Kitchen Aid mixer with dough hook or by hand.
- Butter MUST be room temp for easy spreading.
- When stacking the bread, stack loosely! The dough will rise again and fill in the extra space.
- Glaze Tip: For a glaze that penetrates into the bread, add glaze while loaf is still warm. For a thicker glaze that will spread, add glaze once loaf is completely cool.
How to Make Pull-Apart Bread-
- Roll out dough into a rectangle.
- Generously spread the vanilla butter over dough.
- Add the apples (cubed or grated) over the butter and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Cut dough into 5 long uniform strips.
- Cut the strips into equal squares for easy stacking.
- Stack dough and transfer to pan.
- Bake bread.
NOTE: Your pan should 9″x5″ and deep so the dough doesn’t overflow. If you don’t have a deep bread pan, cut triangles smaller and use 2 bread loaves.
Bread Recipes To Explore:
- Pumpkin Pull-Apart Bread– A favorite during the fall season.
- Classic Apple Bread – Ready to bake in 10-minutes.
- Banana Bread– A classic.
- Lemon Blueberry Loaf– So much flavor.
Pull-Apart Apple Bread Recipe
An amazing Apple Bread Recipe. Soft pull-apart bread loaded with a butter spread, apples, cinnamon and a tasty glaze that you'll want to bake over and over again.
Bread Dough Ingredients:
Apple Filling Ingredients:
Cover bread pan with parchment paper, butter sides or spray with baking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F at step 15.
How to Make the Apple Bread:
In a small saucepan, add butter, milk, water and sugar. Stirring frequently, cook until milk becomes warm and butter melts; (If milk gets too hot, let it cool until just warm to the touch)
In a large mixing bowl, add flour and create well in the center. Into the well, add 2 beaten eggs and warm milk mixture. Stir a few times for the eggs and milk to combine.
Sprinkle yeast over milk. Cover bowl and allow the yeast to activate and become foamy, about 5 minutes.
Fold the flour over the milk mixture and mix until dough is soft and pliable. The dough should not stick to the hands or bowl. Add more flour 1 Tbsp at a time as needed until dough is no longer sticking to the bowl. Cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and allow it to rise at room temperature 1 hour.
Transfer dough to a generously floured work surface. Lightly sprinkle top of dough with flour and use a rolling pin to roll it into an 18”x20” rectangle.
In a small bowl, beat the butter and vanilla. Spread the butter evenly over the rolled dough. Spread grated or diced apples evenly over the top. Combine the cinnamon and sugar, sprinkle evenly over the dough.
Cut the dough into 5 long uniform strips. Cut the strips into equal-sized squares. Stack dough and transfer to the bread pan, loosely stacking the squares on their sides. Cover pan with a towel or plastic wrap, rise 30 minutes. Bake uncovered at 350˚F for 25-30 minutes until bread loaf is golden in color then remove from pan and transfer to a rack to cool.
How to Make the Sweet Bread Glaze:
In a saucepan, on med/high heat, combine butter, sugar and vanilla. Bring to a light boil. Add heavy whipping cream, stir to combine and remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
Once completely cooled, add the powdered sugar. Set glaze aside to thicken then drizzle or spread over the cooled apple bread.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
Q: What is your favorite way to enjoy apples? Let me know in a comment below! We are always looking for new ways to incorporate apples in recipes. 🙂