Home > Bread Recipes > Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

An easy and moist Banana Bread Recipe that is loaded with bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. This is one of our favorite overripe banana recipes with hundreds of 5-star reviews.

Banana Bread on a cutting board with walnuts, raisins and ripe bananas to make healthy banana bread

Banana Nut Bread Recipe:

This is my husband’s recipe which he has perfected over the years and he is known for his Banana Bread. He makes it frequently and it always disappears fast! It is simple to make and our favorite way to use up overripe bananas so they never go to waste. It’s super moist and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. We even created Banana Muffins from this recipe.

This loaf stays moist for days and also makes for a thoughtful and delicious gift idea for the holidays (I’ll take banana bread over fruit cake any day).

Banana Bread Video Tutorial:

Watch Natasha make this moist banana bread. You will be surprised at how easy it is. We will never stop loving this recipe. Now go forth and bake!

Ingredients for Banana Bread:

This is everything you need to make the best banana bread: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, softened butter, eggs and of course very ripe bananas. Adding walnuts and raisins is optional but adds great taste and texture, turning it into a banana nut bread.

Can I Omit Walnuts and Raisins?

YES! The recipe will still work if raisins and walnuts are omitted. We make it nut-free all the time due to a walnut allergy in the family. You will still have the softest, super moist and scrumptious loaf. You can also replace them with some chocolate to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.

Ingredients for Banana Bread with ripe bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, butter, walnuts and raisins

How to Ripen Bananas:

• Quick Oven Method: If your bananas are a little green and you want them to ripen quicker, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 250˚F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the initial ripeness of the bananas.
  • 24 Hour Counter Method: If you are willing to wait 1 day, you can place the bunch of bananas (without separating them) in a paper bag, cover and leave at room temperature. Bananas emit ethylene which causes ripening. Adding an apple to the bag will speed up the process.

Can I Freeze Overripe Bananas?

If you have overripe bananas and aren’t ready to bake with them, DO NOT throw them away!

How to Freeze Bananas: place them un-peeled in a freezer-safe bag, remove any excess air and freeze up to 3 months. You can use thawed bananas for banana bread. You can also freeze them peeled and cut into pieces for easier use in smoothies. P.S. You can also freeze a whole banana bread with the same method!

Slices of banana nut bread on a plate

How to Make Banana Bread:

This is the easiest banana bread recipe. We mix it in a stand mixer because it’s easy, but you can use an electric hand mixer and can even make it work with a hand whisk. There is no fancy equipment required. Watch the video tutorial below and you will be a pro in no time!

1. In the mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
  2. Mix in mashed bananas and eggs.
  3. Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda and add to batter.
  4. Stir in vanilla, walnuts, and raisins, transfer to prepared loaf pan and bake.

Substitutions for a Healthy Banana Bread:

• My sister Anna made this into a honey banana bread; replacing sugar with honey.
  • Use organic whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
  • Replace 1 Tbsp of flour with 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed.
  • Reduce sugar to 1/2 cup when using very ripe bananas; they add plenty of sweetness

Moist banana bread recipe sliced to show banana nut bread center

Love Sweet Breads? Try these Popular Bread Recipes:

We love sweetbreads because they are easy to make and are such a treat, especially when you top them with Honey Butter! Don’t miss these reader favorites:

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

Cook Time: 1 hour
Banana bread sliced on a cutting board

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. It is one of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas.

Keyword: banana bread, banana nut bread
Course: Breakfast, snack

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan (9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep). Lightly roast walnuts on a skillet, continuously stirring so they won’t burn. Coarsely chop and cool to room temperature.

2. In a mixing bowl, cream together 8 Tbsp softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar (or honey if using honey).

3. Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the batter along with 2 eggs, mixing until blended.

4. In a separate bowl, whisk together: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt then add to batter.

5. Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix in chopped walnuts and raisins. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let banana bread rest for 10 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

This banana bread recipe was first published in 2009; one of the very first recipes on our blog! It has been a reader and family favorite ever since.

Moist banana nut bread on kitchen towel

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy sweet raisins and toasted walnuts making it a banana nut bread. One of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas! This banana nut bread is super moist, easy and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. | natashaskitchen.com

• Linda
    May 18, 2022

This banana bread was fantastic! I made it exactly per the recipe except I only added 1/2 cup sugar as Natasha suggested if you have very ripe bananas and that was perfect. It stayed in the oven 55 minutes. The outside crust had the perfect amount of crispiness and the inside was moist and so delicious! Prep time is listed as ten minutes but it took me 20-30 mins (I didn’t watch the clock) for prep but maybe I am just slow in the kitchen. Worth every minute though! This one is a keeper. Thanks, Natasha!

May 18, 2022

You’re welcome, Linda. Thank you for the nice feedback, I’m glad you enjoyed this banana bread recipe!

• Zane
    May 17, 2022

Omg, this is such a yummy recipe. I had only two bananas so I added 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce. Otherwise followed the recipe to the letter. It took about 1:05 to bake, probably because I live at a higher altitude (6500′).

May 18, 2022

Hi Zane, glad that worked out well! Thank you for your good comments and feedback.

• Sarah Hussain-Saikia
    May 17, 2022

This is one of my favourites…..
    It never lets me down….
    Love it !!

May 17, 2022

• Franceen
    May 16, 2022

I add frozen cranberries instead of raisins. Keep bags in freezer all year.

May 16, 2022

Thank you for sharing, Franceen!

• Stella
      May 25, 2022

I made one this week with pecans and cranberries, turned out great!

May 25, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with me!

• Mary Jean K.
    May 15, 2022

I made this recipe 4 times now. I is the best and easyestI have ever made in 43 years. It comes out consistently moist and flavorful. I use “almost black” bananas for a full banana flavor and this time I only had 3 small bananas so I added a touch of applesauce to make up the difference. Natasha, you’re the best! Thanks you for all your great recipes!

May 16, 2022

Hello Mary Jean, love the awesome feedback! Thanks so much for sharing that with us.

• Resh
    May 15, 2022

Perfect Reciepe! Made several times! Being an amateur baking enthusiast, your site helped me a lot.Made muffins tons of times and all my co workers loved it!

May 15, 2022

You’re doing a wonderful job, keep it up and I hope you’ll love all the recipes that you will try.

• Boyd
    May 15, 2022

Made this last night with raisins. I added some extra raisins since I didn’t have nuts. My first time putting raisins in banana bread and loved it! Exactly 50 minutes at 350 degrees.This will now be my go too recipe for banana bread. Thanks!

May 15, 2022

Awesome feedback, thank you so much for sharing that with us!

• Paul
    May 14, 2022

Made banana bread 4 times different ways turned out great with bananas and apples bananas and cranberries bananas and apple sauce yum !

May 14, 2022

That’s great Paul! Thank you for sharing.

• Annon
    May 14, 2022

Was dry and took FOREVER to bake. Way More then an hour. Outside was hard before the inside was cooked. Also not very sweet, was more on the salty side.

May 14, 2022

Hi Annon, did you by chance make any substitutions? Sounds like the oven could be the problem. An internal oven thermometer will check the temperature of your oven to see if you need to make any adjustments. If it runs too hot, the outside will crust and bake before the inside so you may need to adjust your temperature. Dry banana bread is usually due to overbaking or using too much flour. Here is how to correctly measure your ingredients. I hope this helps.

• Elliot
    May 12, 2022

Super amazing recipe! Very versatile! I didn’t have any raisins or walnuts in the pantry so I just omitted them. I did one cup of all purpose and half a cup of whole wheat flour and I added cinnamon and sugar on top. 100% recommend!

May 12, 2022

Love it! Thanks for sharing your experience trying this recipe, Elliot. Glad to know that you loved it!

• Jorene
    May 11, 2022

My first banana cake and everyone loves it. It’s soft and moist and not too sweet. I used brown sugar and almond instead of raisins and walnuts.

May 11, 2022

I’m so glad you all love it, Jorene! Thank you so much for sharing that with me.

• Nafeesa
    May 3, 2022

I tried many recipes. But this is the perfect one. Came out super tasty.

May 4, 2022

• Samantha
    May 3, 2022

Love this recipe! I followed the instructions but instead of raisins and nuts, I used chocolate chips. I also added cinnamon/sugar on top! Delicious!

May 3, 2022

That’s so great! Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Samantha!

• Marsha
    May 3, 2022

Delicious very moist and light, I added chocolate chips along with raisins, didn’t have pecans. 😀

May 3, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Marsha!

• April
    May 2, 2022

By far the BEST banana bread ever! My husband and kids devoured it.

May 2, 2022

Awesome, thank you for the great comments and feedback, April!

• Tammy
    May 2, 2022

This banana bread recipe is one of the best I’ve tried! And I’ve done several. I make it without the raisins & nuts, let it rest overnight to let the flavors concentrate, trust me on this one. And then I warm it up and spread Nutella, it’s soooo good!

May 2, 2022

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us, Tammy!

• Sharon
    May 1, 2022

Brilliant and foolproof recipe. The banana bread turned out super moist. Used brown sugar and baked in a mini loaf pan. Was baked to perfection in 20 minutes.

May 1, 2022

That’s great to hear, Sharon! Thank you for sharing.

• Shehirnaz
    May 1, 2022

Update tried one, its so soft and yummy! Waiting for my family to provide a feedback.
    will definitely save it to my favourites.
    Thank you!!

May 1, 2022

Sounds great, I hope it becomes a hit with them too!

• Shehirnaz
    May 1, 2022

Just baked the banana bread. Didn’t have resins so just added almonds.
    As I doubled the recipe I made half into muffins.
    Haven’t tried as its just out of the oven. Will keep you posted as I’m sure they will taste yummy!

May 1, 2022

Please do, we’d love to hear how you liked the recipe!

• Richard Rampersad
    April 30, 2022

I just made 4 loaves of this bread came out great ….. I added a bit orange juice…thanks for a magnificent awesome recipe

April 30, 2022

Hi Richard! That sounds like a great addition, thank you for sharing!

• Richard
    April 29, 2022

WOW…….it was Fantastic…..I added an extra banana(VERY) ripe and a little extra sugar and a tad more vanilla…..the BEST I have had. Thanks for sharing!

April 30, 2022

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us, Richard!

• Marjorie Radcliffe
    April 28, 2022

All in my family agree this is the best Banana Nut bread I have ever made! I told them it is all about the recipe! Thank you for sharing it with us!

April 28, 2022

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you all enjoyed it, Marjorie! It sounds like you made it perfectly!

• Doris Poore
    April 27, 2022

This is the Banana Bread recipe I’ve been looking for forever. It’s so very moist. It’s almost like a bread pudding. I didn’t have any raisins and I used pecans instead of walnuts but I’m sure it would be just as delicious with those ingredients. This recipe is a keeper for sure.

April 27, 2022

Hi Doris, that’s wonderful! I’m so glad you found your new go-to recipe. It is so versatile so feel free to try that next time.

April 27, 2022

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite, Doris!

• Ricky
    April 26, 2022

I love it when people try a recipe, but then throw in their own inane (stupid, silly) twist. If they are so astute at baking, why are they using someone else’s recipe? Anyway, I followed the recipe exactly as written. The result was awesome. Thanks for a recipe that I will make again EXACTLY AS WRITTEN!!!

April 27, 2022

Thank for following the recipe, Ricky. I’m so glad you loved it!

• Meidego
      April 29, 2022

Ricky, recipes are not commandments. Good cooks and bakers know that a good recipe can be tweaked to your own tastes. I’m sure Natasha doesn’t mind people using her recipes as a guide and changing some things around.

• Susan
    April 26, 2022

Natasha, I just made your banana bread. I know I will love it. I changed it a bit, I used pecans ( because I had them ) and dried cherries. Even unbaked it tasted yummy. Thank you for my new recipe. Can’t wait to try more from you !
    Susan

April 26, 2022

Sounds good, I hope you’ll love all the recipes that you will try!

• Christine
    April 22, 2022

Awesome! We made it with gluten free flour (King Arthur GF all purpose) and no raisins. Turned out fantastic! Thanks much for the great recipe. 🙂

April 22, 2022

That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

• kaye
      May 8, 2022

Thanks for reporting this, using King Arthur GF, as I needed to be sure the substitution would work OK for our family.

• Cheryl Davidson
    April 21, 2022

I made this for my father a week ago and he is asking for it again just put one one the oven. We love the Banana Nut Bread

April 21, 2022

That’s wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

• Richard Bailey
    April 20, 2022

Just finished up with your banana,raisin and nut bread. I used pecans but followed the recipe and after cooling on the rack I used my orange frosting on both loaves. I have a trick that most people don’t know and that is when using a citrus frosting take your zest and a small amount of that juice and microwave it for 15seconds that will release the oils in the zest. Every body who tries this say WOW. Love to cook.

April 20, 2022

So glad you enjoyed this recipe. That is a great tip. Thank you for sharing with us.

• Darlene B
    April 20, 2022

I doubled the recipe. Used less sugar and added some light brown sugar. I had leftover dates from my Italian fig cookies, so I chopped them and threw in as well as raisins and craisins and the toasted walnuts. I made two loaf pans and half dozen muffins. So good! Only recipe I will use for banana bread!

April 20, 2022

That sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing with us, Darlene.

• Jenny
    April 20, 2022

I followed the recipe but my banana bread didn’t rise. It’s about half the height of yours. Please help!

April 20, 2022

Hi Jenny, check that your rising agents are not expired and also that you didn’t accidentally switch baking soda with baking powder.

• Erlindasrojas@gmail.com
        May 9, 2022

So this recipe has no baking powder?

Thanks .

Erlinda Rojas

May 9, 2022

Hi there. We used baking soda in this recipe.

• Mary
    April 19, 2022

There is no way this whole banana bread has 350 calories. Are there any accurate nutritional facts?

April 19, 2022

Hi Mary, as noted on the printable recipe card, this banana bread serves 10. Each serving is 350 calories. I hope that helps.

• Dolly
    April 15, 2022

I made this banana bread but I exchanged the butter for sunflower oil. Any healthy vegetable neutral flavor oil would work. I found that the butter leaves the bread a bit dry. The oil was a game changer. Also, after removing it from oven while still very hot, I basted the top of bread while still in pan with a thin syrup of 2 tablespoons sugar and 3 tablespoons very hot water. Baste until all syrup is absorbed by the bread. This makes the top soft and yummy.

April 15, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with me!

• Rita Teresa Silva Camilo
    April 15, 2022

Hi, I’ve baked this banana bread a few times now and always comes out delicious. Now, I want to reduce the fat content slightly, and was wondering if I could substitute half of the butter by 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce?
    Would that work..?

April 15, 2022

Hi! Thank you for sharing, I’m glad you enjoy this recipe. I have not tested it with applesauce, but it seems like it could work. You’ll have to experiment. Let us know your results.

• Alexa
      April 17, 2022

I made this recipe today with half butter half apple sauce and it was EXCELLENT so it definitely works!

• Dianne
    April 14, 2022

Thank you Natasha for great banana bread recipe, just like my Mom’s. I wish you all the best!

April 14, 2022

You’re welcome, Dianne.Same to you too!

• Bartholomew Jones
    April 14, 2022

Turned out great, only problem was waiting for it to bake to completion, I found my self sitting in front of the oven counting down the minutes til the delicious golden brown loaf is ready to emerge. The flour coating on the bottom paired with a quick wipedown with oil made for quick and easy removal.

April 14, 2022

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you so much for sharing that with me.

• MotherHen
    April 12, 2022

I made this for my children and they really liked it. I have enjoyed all the recipes I have tried. Thank you very much!

April 12, 2022

That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing.

• BC
    April 7, 2022

good recipe, but it seems no matter how many bananas you stick in a recipe, the result always seems to need more banana flavor unless it’s a banana cream pie or pudding.

• Tammy Laguna
      May 1, 2022

The secret is to use really, really, really ripe bananas. The kind you wouldn’t eat because they’re so ripe, the more ripe the bananas, the more flavor you get.

• Lisa Gallagher
    April 6, 2022

Can you leave out the raisins & walnuts without affecting the recipe?

April 6, 2022

Hi Lisa, we love it with both, Raisins add sweetness to the recipe but feel free to add more sugar on your next try if you will omit the raisins again & nuts.

• Ngoc Tran
    April 5, 2022

Thank you Natasha for all recipes yuo sent to me !I love Banana bread & Cream cheese!👍👍👍❤️❤️❤️

April 5, 2022

You’re very welcome! 🙂

• Bernadette
    April 5, 2022

This is a wonderful recipe! I used it with my Special Needs Life Skills class today and they nailed it!
    Thank you and your husband!

April 5, 2022

Thank you for the good review!

• Barbara Dickinson
      April 14, 2022

Hi Natasha, love your cooking, can I change the all purpose flour to almond flour and how much do I use thanks

April 14, 2022

Hello Barbara, thank you for sharing. I haven’t tested using almond flour to advise. I think it’s worth experimenting with, if you try that, plese share with us how it goes.

• Cynthia
        May 10, 2022

You’ll have to use a mixture of almond flour with all-purpose. Otherwise, the outside will burn and the inside will be liquid.

• Eileen C.
    April 5, 2022

I followed the recipe almost to a T except I used less walnuts, less sugar, added some cinnamon powder and used 1.5 tsp of baking powder instead of baking soda (which I read is a No-No! I didn’t have any on hand so substituted it.)
    The results? A perfectly moist banana bread which is not overly sweet.
    Am very happy with it and will repeat the recipe again to see if I can achieve the same results.
    Thank You Natasha!

April 5, 2022

That is awesome, good to know that the changes that you made worked well too. Thank you for sharing that with us.

• Flora Schroen
        April 15, 2022

Want too make this can I add monk sweeter instead of sugar .

April 15, 2022

Hi Flora, I haven’t really tried using Monk Fruit sugar yet to advise so you might have to do an experiment to find out. Please share with us how it goes.

• Dawn
    April 2, 2022

Made this today! It is the best banana bread I’ve ever made. Thank you!

April 3, 2022

Thanks for the amazing feedback, Dawn!

• Elina K.
    April 1, 2022

I often add some European Vanilla sugar for flavour, also vanilla yogurt… always moist and delicious, thank you for recipe!

April 1, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Elina! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

• Pat
    March 31, 2022

Got rid of all the banana bread recipes I had. Is the most delicious banana bread I’ve ever tasted! Loved it!

April 1, 2022

Love it, Pat! I’m happy to hear that this is now your go-to recipe.

• Georgia Schiefer
    March 30, 2022

I made the banana bread with fresh honey I bought from a bee farm, I didn’t toast the walnuts, I used golden raisins, I do not like the dark ones. I made 3 1/2 small loaves. Just took it out of the oven, cut off a small piece from one, its light not heavy, not super sweet but I like it very much. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

March 30, 2022

That sounds wonderful! You’re very welcome! Enjoy.

• Lauren Cicero
    March 30, 2022

I followed the recipe to a T but instead of regular flour, I used gluten free as my family is allergic to regular flour. It turned out amazing, but the time was shortened by 15 min. So only cook your banana bread at 350 degrees for 40 min & its Sure to turn out perfectly.

March 30, 2022

Thanks for sharing your experience using Gluten-free flour. Good to hear that it turned out great!

• Amanda
    March 30, 2022

I am going to use pistachios instead of walnuts. Wish me luck! 😆

March 30, 2022

Sounds good, let us know how it goes!

• Ed Fernandez
    March 28, 2022

Wow! I made this recipe over the weekend, and it exceeded my expectations! In my experience banana bread tends to be too sweet, too dense, and often as not, too dry. This bread was light and moist, with the perfect level of sweetness. I did not add nuts or fruit in order to experience the basic bread recipe. This will definitely become a favorite treat going forward!

March 28, 2022

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite, Ed! I’m so happy this was a hit!

• Christi
    March 26, 2022

Delicious! I added a T of cinnamon-sugar and swirled it in before baking. The loaf was all gone within 12 hours!

March 26, 2022

That sounds absolutely AMAZING! So glad you enjoyed this recipe. Thank you for sharing.

• Leah
      March 30, 2022

I love cinnamon so be for I make can I ask how much you put.

• Rebecca
    March 26, 2022

Tasty! Followed the recipe exactly. One recommendation is to add foil about 15 min before end time so it doesn’t burn. I noticed it got a little too browned to my liking. Added the foil and came out perfect. So tasty, moist and not too sweet.

March 26, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with us!

• Jenny CHRISTIE
    March 26, 2022

This is the best banana loaf ever! My grandchildren polished off three loaves in three days! I only added walnuts as they hate raisins. Taking a loaf to a sick friend tomorrow. Thanks a million for clear instructions. Jenny Christie.

March 26, 2022

You’re very welcome! So happy you enjoyed this recipe.

• Gail Seidenberg
    March 25, 2022

Hi. No matter what I bake in a loaf pan, I can never get an even rise. The taste and the texture is always fine, but the middle rises a lot more than the edges. I’ve tried larger pans and smaller pans and always end up with the same result. Any suggestions? 🙂

March 26, 2022

Hi Gail, the center should rise more and that is normal but I haven’t had it happen where it rises too high in the center. Make sure you are using the correct types of leavening without substitutions and also that you are using regular conventional oven modes (not convection)

• Gail Seidenberg
    March 25, 2022

Hi!!! How long would I bake this recipe if I wanted to make muffins? Thank you so much!!!

March 25, 2022

Hi Gail. We created a muffin recipe from this recipe. Here is the link, you can follow these instructions. https://natashaskitchen.com/banana-muffins-recipe/

• Gail
    March 24, 2022

The bread came out almost caramelized, truly delicious. I subbed dried cranberries instead of raisins.

March 24, 2022

I’m so happy you loved it, Gail!

• Chris
    March 23, 2022

Yep, this is a keeper. Made this as written twice now and the wife approves both times. Momma’s happy everyone’s happy.

March 24, 2022

Great to hear that, Chris!

• Peggy
    March 23, 2022

Hi. Just wanted to tell I put 4tbs of sour cream in my banana bread

March 23, 2022

How is it, do you love it?

• Teresa
    March 21, 2022

Success! I have been a fan for a long time, but this is the 1st recipe of hers that I tried. Followed it to a T. It was fabulous! It was super moist and not too sweet just perfect. Thanks Natasha, I had faith and you and you met the challenge!

March 21, 2022

Thank you, Teresa! So glad you enjoyed this recipe!

• Carol Ann Nogueira
    March 21, 2022

I must say it came out beautiful. Step by Step and the video. I can’t wait to use your recipes. Have a sunshine day.

March 21, 2022

That is great! I’m happy to hear that, Carol. Thank you.

• Aimee
    March 20, 2022

PERFECT!!! I always add cinnamon to my banana bread recipe as I did this one, and it’s amazing!!!

March 20, 2022

Sounds like a great addition to the recipe. Thank you for sharing, Aimee.

• Sally
    March 19, 2022

Thanks for the recipe going to make it now, the only thing missing is if I put it in the bottom or center rack? I’m going to put in center and hope it comes out great.

March 19, 2022

I hope you love this recipe, Sally!

• Laima
    March 18, 2022

Made this banana bread and it’s delicious. However, it was done in 30 minutes in my oven so just check for doneness according to your oven.

• Lori
    March 17, 2022

My husband is trying to cut it, right out of the oven! 🤣 It smells delicious!

March 17, 2022

I bet it smells SO GOOD! I hope you love it, Lori!

• Miladys Cruz-Fisher
    March 14, 2022

Absolutely THE BEST banana bread recipe EVER! I made it with chocolate chips and it will be my go to recipe till the end of time!

March 15, 2022

So happy to hear that! Great addition! It goes well with chocolate. Thank you for the review.

• SUJA NAIR
    March 14, 2022

Loved the very simple recipe.
    Turned out very tasty.
    I skipped the raisins.

March 14, 2022

Thank you for the excellent review. I am happy you enjoyed this recipe.

• Jennifer
    March 14, 2022

Hello! You mentioned you have made this recipe as muffins. What is the temperature and cook time for making the muffins?

March 14, 2022

Hi Jennifer, you can try to use our Banana Muffins Recipe HERE as a guide!

• Marie-West Virginia
        April 3, 2022

Just found this recipe a couple days ago. It’s baking in the oven now and smells heavenly! The only thing I added was about 1/4-1/3 cup of whipped honey peanut butter. My dad LOVES bananas and honey and I thought this addition would hit the spot for him!

April 3, 2022

Sounds awesome! I hope it becomes your new favorite.

• Peggy
    March 14, 2022

Just placed my delicious dough in a Loaf glass dish which. Was not done in the middle at 350 but very brown. Does baking it is glass change all the baking times to be very raw in the center or should it always be a metal loaf pan?

March 15, 2022

Hi Peggy, the type of pan may impact that. Glass tends to get really hot, so you may need to adjust the temp and time.

• Nadia
    March 14, 2022

Love love this recipe! Banana bread came out perfectly moist and delicious. I increased the raisins to 1 cup! Natasha , thank you. You inspire to bake more often ❣️

March 14, 2022

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Nadia!

• Molly
    March 14, 2022

I made this loaf and it is really lovely and moist. Such a great recipe 🥰🌸

March 14, 2022

Thank you for your great feedback, Molly!

• SARAH
    March 13, 2022

Hi Natasha This banana bread was a hit made one with nuts and raisins and the other one plain they were both darn good. I always had the Betty Crocker recipe but been looking for another I said this one is a keeper so from now on I make this one my family also gave me a thumbs up #1 I’m ask if I can bake them a banana bread and I always post what I bake and cook on facebook

March 13, 2022

Hi Sarah, thanks for sharing that with us. Great to hear that this banana bread was a huge hit!

• Mr. G
    March 12, 2022

I made it with whole wheat flour and 3 tsps of liquid sweetener instead of sugar. The result was fantastic.

Thank you very much!!!!

PS: I took some pictures but I don’t know how to attach them to the comments.

March 12, 2022

Thank you for sharing that with us. I’m happy it turned out fantastic! Thank you for the review.

• Soraya
    March 12, 2022

I made this last night,very easy recipe and very moist as describe! Its a keeper, thank you!!

March 12, 2022

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Soraya!

• Taylor
      March 13, 2022

This is my go to banana nut bread recipe. I just add a touch a cinnamon and it’s always so moist. I even live in high elevation.

• Hui Jillain
    March 11, 2022

My banana load most of the time was not moist enough, tried for the 2nd time yesterday. LOVE IT! Gonna save the recipe. Thank you Natasha’s kitchen.

March 11, 2022

Sounds like you found a new favorite! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

• Maddy
    March 11, 2022

My banana bread was bubbling with butter 🙁 seems like it was too much.

March 11, 2022

Hi Maddy, I haven’t had that happen -did you use the same measurements of butter?

• Vidya
    March 10, 2022

Hi Natasha. I have been following your recipes ever since I started baking. This recipe is also good like your other recipes. I added 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder to this recipe and the taste came out excellent.

March 11, 2022

Hi Vidya, thanks for sharing that with us. I hope you’ll love all the recipes that you will try!

• Ticatin
    March 9, 2022

Can you make it without the nuts and raisins?

I have made several of your recipes in the past for a couple of reasons: 1. They always have great reviews, and 2. My daughter’s name is also, Natasha!

March 9, 2022

Hi! You sure can! I hope you love this recipe! & thank you so much for sharing that with me, I’m so glad to hear you’re enjoying my recipes!