Home > Bread Recipes > Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

An easy and moist Banana Bread Recipe that is loaded with bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. This is one of our favorite overripe banana recipes with hundreds of 5-star reviews.

Banana Bread on a cutting board with walnuts, raisins and ripe bananas to make healthy banana bread

Banana Nut Bread Recipe:

This is my husband’s recipe which he has perfected over the years and he is known for his Banana Bread. He makes it frequently and it always disappears fast! It is simple to make and our favorite way to use up overripe bananas so they never go to waste. It’s super moist and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. We even created Banana Muffins from this recipe.

This loaf stays moist for days and also makes for a thoughtful and delicious gift idea for the holidays (I’ll take banana bread over fruit cake any day).

Banana Bread Video Tutorial:

Watch Natasha make this moist banana bread. You will be surprised at how easy it is. We will never stop loving this recipe. Now go forth and bake!

Ingredients for Banana Bread:

This is everything you need to make the best banana bread: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, softened butter, eggs and of course very ripe bananas. Adding walnuts and raisins is optional but adds great taste and texture, turning it into a banana nut bread.

Can I Omit Walnuts and Raisins?

YES! The recipe will still work if raisins and walnuts are omitted. We make it nut-free all the time due to a walnut allergy in the family. You will still have the softest, super moist and scrumptious loaf. You can also replace them with some chocolate to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.

Ingredients for Banana Bread with ripe bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, butter, walnuts and raisins

How to Ripen Bananas:

• Quick Oven Method: If your bananas are a little green and you want them to ripen quicker, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 250˚F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the initial ripeness of the bananas.
  • 24 Hour Counter Method: If you are willing to wait 1 day, you can place the bunch of bananas (without separating them) in a paper bag, cover and leave at room temperature. Bananas emit ethylene which causes ripening. Adding an apple to the bag will speed up the process.

Can I Freeze Overripe Bananas?

If you have overripe bananas and aren’t ready to bake with them, DO NOT throw them away!

How to Freeze Bananas: place them un-peeled in a freezer-safe bag, remove any excess air and freeze up to 3 months. You can use thawed bananas for banana bread. You can also freeze them peeled and cut into pieces for easier use in smoothies. P.S. You can also freeze a whole banana bread with the same method!

Slices of banana nut bread on a plate

How to Make Banana Bread:

This is the easiest banana bread recipe. We mix it in a stand mixer because it’s easy, but you can use an electric hand mixer and can even make it work with a hand whisk. There is no fancy equipment required. Watch the video tutorial below and you will be a pro in no time!

1. In the mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
  2. Mix in mashed bananas and eggs.
  3. Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda and add to batter.
  4. Stir in vanilla, walnuts, and raisins, transfer to prepared loaf pan and bake.

Substitutions for a Healthy Banana Bread:

• My sister Anna made this into a honey banana bread; replacing sugar with honey.
  • Use organic whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
  • Replace 1 Tbsp of flour with 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed.
  • Reduce sugar to 1/2 cup when using very ripe bananas; they add plenty of sweetness

Moist banana bread recipe sliced to show banana nut bread center

Love Sweet Breads? Try these Popular Bread Recipes:

We love sweetbreads because they are easy to make and are such a treat, especially when you top them with Honey Butter! Don’t miss these reader favorites:

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

Cook Time: 1 hour
Banana bread sliced on a cutting board

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. It is one of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas.

Keyword: banana bread, banana nut bread
Course: Breakfast, snack

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan (9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep). Lightly roast walnuts on a skillet, continuously stirring so they won’t burn. Coarsely chop and cool to room temperature.

2. In a mixing bowl, cream together 8 Tbsp softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar (or honey if using honey).

3. Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the batter along with 2 eggs, mixing until blended.

4. In a separate bowl, whisk together: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt then add to batter.

5. Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix in chopped walnuts and raisins. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let banana bread rest for 10 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

This banana bread recipe was first published in 2009; one of the very first recipes on our blog! It has been a reader and family favorite ever since.

Moist banana nut bread on kitchen towel

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy sweet raisins and toasted walnuts making it a banana nut bread. One of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas! This banana nut bread is super moist, easy and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. | natashaskitchen.com

• ms. nailah
    March 7, 2022

Looks so yummy, I want to take this luscious loaf to my next church luncheon. I know it will be a hit.
    By the way I tried the pie crust for the apple pie recipe and it caused quite a stir…along with special requests!

• NatashasKitchen.com
      March 7, 2022

That is great! I’m glad it was hit. I hope you try and love this recipe!

• Tanya K
    March 6, 2022

I think I have made this banana bread recipe 100 times. I literally have it memorized and can whip it up in 10 minutes haha. It’s the best banana bread recipe I have ever tried and has become staple in our house hold. Thank you ❤️

March 7, 2022

That’s awesome! I’m happy that you really loved this recipe. Thank you for the review, Tanya.

• Phyllis
    March 4, 2022

I had 3 overripe bananas I wanted to use up, so I tried this recipe. I did add a teaspoon of cinnamon, simply because I think it enhances banana bread. My kitchen was filled with the wonderful smell of bread baking. I cut a piece while still warm, and I must say, this recipe is a keeper! It’s amazing, east to prepare, moist and loaded with flavor. I love it. Thanks so much.

March 5, 2022

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Phyllis!

• Nunya biz
      March 10, 2022

First of all Phyllis, this is my grandmother’s name and I adore her. I just so happen to have 3 overripe bananas and i decided to make some banana bread. This will be my first time. Like you, I’m adding cinnamon to mine. i don’t have walnuts.. but i do have cashews.. i’m gonna put them in the food processer and add them.

• germaine
    March 4, 2022

This is by far the best banana bread I’ve ever made. I actually read the reviews first before baking and followed the tips of many. I added cranberries and chocolate chip. The game changer is not putting in on convection. I think that was the best advice I’ve gotten. My bread was super moist and it plump up my cranberries.

• NatashasKitchen.com
      March 4, 2022

Wonderful! I’m so happy to hear that. Thank you for sharing.

• Juanita
    March 3, 2022

This bread was easy and delicious! I only had one cup of bananas so I added a little bit of sour cream for consistency and used almonds instead of walnuts because that was all I had. It came out beautiful and hope it tastes as good as it looks!

March 3, 2022

I hope it becomes your new favorite! Please update us on how it goes.

• Jessica
    March 2, 2022

I’m not sure if it’s me but for some reason it’s not cooking properly. I’ve made banana bread a gazillion times and decided to try a new recipe, but with this one I found that the centre just would not cook, while the outsides got over cooked. Maybe it’s something I did wrong but probably won’t use this recipe again.

March 3, 2022

Hi Jessica, I’m sorry to hear that. This is one of our most popular recipes and I am happy to help troubleshoot. Make sure you are using conventional oven settings (not convection), also ensure your oven is fully preheated. Some ovens (like my own) will say they are preheated way before they really are. I highly recommend using an in-oven thermometer to check your ovens temperature settings. Lastly, the type of pan you are using can make a difference in timings.

• Kary
    March 2, 2022

Rough crowd. I have made varying types of banana bread for years. Mine turned out very moist and delicious!

• Karen Russell
    February 28, 2022

What about baking powder. Is this not required.
    I have never used vanilla. I will try it. Can I use hazelnuts instead. Are dark raisins or light raisins required.

• NatashasKitchen.com
      March 1, 2022

Baking powder is not needed in this recipe. You can use hazelnuts if you’d like, it should be fine. I used darker raisins but you can use whichever you prefer.

• Anna Beth Lauree
    February 27, 2022

Upon thorough research for a delicious, moist, simple banana bread, I decided to try this one.
    I followed the recipe step by step and was utterly disappointed in how dry it was. It was simple, I’ll give you that.
    This bread was far from moist and decadent as described in ALL of these reviews.
    It makes me wonder if anyone has tried any other recipes that would actually be moist and enjoyable.
    I wish I hadn’t wasted my time and supplies for this recipe.

If you’re wanting MOIST banana bread, I recommend you look elsewhere.

• Sandy Adams
      February 27, 2022

Not impressed.
      Not very moist.
      Meh. I’ve made better not following a recipe but I thought I’d give it a try.
      Now I know!!

February 27, 2022

Hi Anna, it’s hard to say what went wrong without being there, but I recommend ensuring all of your ingredients are not expired, especially the flour and baking soda and that they are measured correctly. Here’s my post on how to measure wet and dry ingredients, this can help.

• Elizabeth
    February 23, 2022

This is a very easy and great recipe. I never knew about baking my bananas to get them to ripen quickly! What a fantastic hack!!! It really helped me out here as my bananas weren’t ripe. The bread turned out great!

February 23, 2022

I’m so glad that was helpful!

• Linda
    February 22, 2022

I want to make the chicken stir fry. I can’t have salt in my diet..no soy, dairy, milk, butter or egg yolks. Can you help me w this recipe?

• NatashasKitchen.com
      February 23, 2022

You can omit the butter, use another oil of your preference instead, unsalted or low sodium chicken broth. Coconut aminos is a popular soy sauce substitute, still has sodium but at times much less than soy sauce. I would research other soy sauce alternatives and see what else you can find. I hope that helps!

• May Tie
    February 21, 2022

I have made this bread several times for my family and church gatherings. Its always a hit. Used dried cranberries and also added choc chip bcos my older son loves anything with chocolate.

• NatashasKitchen.com
      February 21, 2022

Thank you for sharing, those additions sound delicious!

• Itzel
    February 19, 2022

I made this with my kids the other night and wow!! Absolutely delicious. Definitely going to make it again. Can’t wait for over ripe bananas lol

February 19, 2022

I’m so glad it was a hit, Itzel! Thank you so much for sharing that with me.

• Shelagh
    February 19, 2022

Wow! I’ve made a lot of banana bread recipes but this is the best! Next time I’ll add more raisins!

February 19, 2022

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for the wonderful review!

• Crystal
    February 19, 2022

Absolutely loved this recipe. I have tried a dozen different recipes to make banana bread lately and this was by far, the best one. Furthermore, I liked that it was very easy to put together. Would like to try the healthier ways to make it as listed below in the future. Thank you!

February 19, 2022

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Crystal!

• Maureen James
    February 19, 2022

I will definitely be making this one forever. It was, hands down, the best banana bread I’ve ever made.
    !

Maureen James

February 19, 2022

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite, Maureen!

• Aessie Winter
    February 16, 2022

Tried this recipe and it turned out so good but instead of walnuts I added equal parts of peanuts and cashews……. thank you for this my mom in law liked me because I baked her a banana bread with this recipe (:

February 16, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Anna! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

• Jenn Bailey
    February 16, 2022

I made your recipe and it was fabulous. It was easy to make and I can’t use sugar but I used substitute.

February 16, 2022

I’m happy to know that you loved this recipe, Jenn!

• Amy Wandalowski
    February 15, 2022

I plan to make your Banana Bread this week but was wondering if this recipe can be doubled? Sounds Delicious!

February 16, 2022

Hi Amy, our readers have doubled the recipe just fine in the past. When making a double batch, we usually just double all of the ingredients and divide into 2 separate pans then bake together. They may need slightly more bake time so be sure to check with a toothpick and remove when there is no wet batter sticking to the toothpick. We place leftovers in a large ziploc bag (or cover with plastic wrap) and refrigerate.

• Kim
    February 14, 2022

I just made this banana bread. I didn’t have regular walnuts so I used maple walnuts that I had on hand. It turned out so good.

February 14, 2022

That’s just awesome, Kim! I love when it all works out so great! Thank you so much for sharing that with me.

• Krishna
    February 11, 2022

This is the best banana bread recipe I’ve ever tried…and I’ve tried many. I modified slightly — 1/8 cup raisins and 1/8 cup chocolate chips, along with a little honey for extra sweetness.

• NatashasKitchen.com
      February 12, 2022

I’m happy you enjoyed this recipe. Thank you for the review.

• Lina Sao
    February 9, 2022

Thanks for the recipe. Didnt add raisins but very nice and moist.

February 9, 2022

You’re most welcome, Lina. I’m glad you enjoyed it!

• Brooke
    February 9, 2022

I love this recipe I make it like every other month. really wanting to make now but I only have 2 bananas…. Will it still work?!

February 9, 2022

Hi Brooke, if they are large bananas, that may work! You may also need to adjust the recipe a bit, though!

• Pauline
    February 6, 2022

Hi, I would love to try this recipe, but have to eliminate the butter due to dairy intolerance. Would it be as good if I try coconut oil as a substitute?

February 6, 2022

Hello Pauline, I honestly haven’t tried that yet to advise. I think it’s worth experimenting with though! If you try that, please share with us how it turned out.

• Terri
    February 5, 2022

Oh my goodness!!! This is so yummy and moist. Not heavy like some is my other tried recipes. Thank you for this deliciousness! Will be my go to from now on!

• NatashasKitchen.com
      February 5, 2022

You’re welcome! Very happy to hear that you enjoyed this recipe.

• Tamar
    February 3, 2022

can i remove the walnuts and raisins from this recipe?

• Amish Mehta
    February 3, 2022

I got tired of complaining that my wife’s banana bread was too dry and found this recipe. It was so easy and my banana bread came out moist and delicious. I would highly recommend adding chocolate chips and nuts if no one has a nut allergy. The recipe suggests walnuts but I used salted cashew pieces and they worked just as great. Thank you so much Natasha for this great recipe. Although I guess I’ll have to make the banana bread going forward.

February 3, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with us, Amish! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

• Irene
    January 31, 2022

Is there a reason why the vanilla extract is added with the walnuts and raisins step and not with the mashed bananas and eggs like in your muffin recipe? Thanks

January 31, 2022

Hi Irene, it should work both ways! I hope you love this recipe!

• Jo
    January 30, 2022

Can salted butter be used? If so, should the salt be cut back?

January 30, 2022

Hi Jo, we always use unsalted butter, especially in baking, to control the amount of salt in the recipe. If using salted butter, you would use less or no salt, depending on how much salt is in your butter.

• Sandi brandl
    January 29, 2022

Just finished making this banana bread its so moist I added dried cranberries to it thank you for sharing this recipe, now I’m still trying to find a blueberry muffin recipe I’m not the greatest on my I Pad so happy I found your Blog making your chicken dish today also trying to see which one my family would 👍 🥰♥️

January 29, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Sandi! We have a Blueberry Muffin recipe HERE. I hope you love it!

• Terrie
        February 28, 2022

I loved this recipe. I used honey instead of sugar and it came out perfect.. My husband wanted sweeter but I’m trying to cut back on the sugar. I’m thinking next time maybe I can make muffins with it and add some brown sugar/cinnamon on top of his like a crumb topping . Thanks for sharing.

February 28, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Terrie! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

• Cassidy
    January 28, 2022

Made this for the 2nd time this week and it was delicious! The only thing was the bread was very dark brown all around it. The 2nd time I made it I put aluminum foil over the top and put it a little higher in the oven in hopes it wouldn’t brown as much. It still did brown a lot but still delicious

January 28, 2022

I’m so glad it all worked out, Cassidy! Thank you so much for sharing that with me.

• Michelle
    January 24, 2022

Another amazing recipe! Added cinnamon as a finishing touch.

January 24, 2022

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Michelle!

• Mimi
    January 20, 2022

This is the second time I’ve made this recipe. Each time The bread has sunk in the middle. The first time I thought I did something wrong, but two times? Help!

January 20, 2022

Hi Mimi, it’s hard to say what went wrong with out being there, but I recommend ensuring all of your ingredients are not expired, especially the flour and baking soda. Oh and ensure you’re using Baking Soda and not Baking powder since they differ greatly in results.

• Tiffany
      February 5, 2022

Mine has sunk when I don’t cook it long enough. Just pop it back in the oven and cook it longer and it’ll rise back up 🙂

• Enza Donohue
    January 18, 2022

This banana bread is a winner! I did not use raisins, used 1/2 cup walnuts and 1/2 cup chocolate chips + I added a teaspoon of ground flax seed with the egg. Delicious, everybody loved it! Thx!

January 18, 2022

Yum! Totally craving this right now! I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Enza!

• Amanda
    January 17, 2022

I’ve made this several times and it turns out delicious! I love adding semi-sweet chocolate chips and nuts in mine, and it’s always so moist with the perfect amount of the sweetness. This recipe is so good that my mom, who has stuck to her old recipe for 15 years, has asked for this recipe and uses this as her go-to now! Thank you so much Natasha 😉

January 18, 2022

Wow, that’s awesome! That’s great to hear, Amanda. Thanks for the review!

• Lynne Popash
    January 15, 2022

It’s in the oven now! Added walnuts and semi sweet chocolate chips. Yum!

January 15, 2022

I bet it smells so good in your home right now! Thank you so much for sharing that with me.

• Jillie Bean
    January 12, 2022

First of all, delicious!! I made it last night (healthy sub version with whole wheat, flax and honey). My first attempt at banana bread ever. I should have watch the video because I made 2 step mistakes but I think I did a good job fixing them because it still came out great. I’m sure the next time will be even better!!

I was just wondering; what is the tool you used to remove the loaf from the pan? I wanted to get one. It’s not listed in the steps and I can’t see the brand.

January 12, 2022

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Jillie! We used a thin icing spatula, something that is very thin should work great. Like this icing spatula.

• Carol
    January 12, 2022

I made this banana bread yesterday. It is the best bread I have ever made. So delicious!

January 12, 2022

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for the wonderful review, Carol!

• Jan
    January 11, 2022

Do you have a recipe for the banana bread without raisins and walnut and without chocolate chips?

January 12, 2022

Hi Jan, I don’t have one for a plain banana bread recipe, but this recipe is very versatile, and that can be made without those ingredients! I hope you love it!

• Nina M.
    January 10, 2022

I’ve tried your recipe and really liked it. I omitted the raisins since I wasn’t sure if would like it. But did notice, like someone else said that wasn’t as sweet as my other recipes. I will try add the raisins next time or more sugar like you suggested.

January 10, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Nina! The raisins help with the sweetness! I hope you try it again soon!

• Ellen
    January 8, 2022

I only have an old fashioned 8×4 pyrex dish. Do I need to put less batter in? Many thanks Ellen – Sunshine Coast BC CDA

January 11, 2022

Hi Ellen, we have baked this in a glass pyrex dish as well and it worked fine just make sure to do the toothpick test to check for doneness. The sides and bottom do brown faster in a glass pan however. It still works, but just something to be aware of.

• Sushma
    January 6, 2022

Hi Natasha.. how do I replace all purpose flour with whole wheat flour in this recipe? Thanks

January 7, 2022

Hi there, please check this part in the recipe Substitutions for a Healthy Banana Bread as I mention there that you can use organic wheat flour instead of APF.

• Sharon Benton
    January 5, 2022

This is my new favorite banana bread recipe!It was super quick and easy and full of flavor! I added toasted pecans and coconut and reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup – it’s perfect for breakfast! Not too sweet and a nice texture.

January 5, 2022

Glad to know that the substitutions and changes that you made worked well! Thank you for sharing that with us, Sharon.

• Ana
    January 4, 2022

I tried this recipe today and it was so delicious! I only did 1/2 cup of walnuts and 1/4 cup of raisins. This is my new favorite banana bread recipe!

January 5, 2022

Hi Ana, I’m glad you found a new favorite! Thank you for the review.

• Precious Young
    January 3, 2022

Thanks for the recipe! I omitted the raisins since I didn’t have any… overall, it was moist but lacked in sweetness… (‘don’t know if it’s because I omitted the raisins) I think the recipe could use a little more sugar.

January 4, 2022

Hi Precious, you’re welcome. Raisins also add sweetness to the recipe but feel free to add more sugar on your next try if you will omit the raisins again.

• Connie
    December 30, 2021

Best moist Banana Bread recipe ever! Thank you for sharing.

December 30, 2021

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Connie!

• Cynthia
    December 23, 2021

Need help why do all my cakes and these banana bread sink in the middle. The edges were getting to well done. When I meowed it from the oven.

December 24, 2021

Hi Cynthia, are you possibly swapping your baking soda and baking powder by mistake? Also, make sure the oven is fully preheated before baking and make sure your leavening is not expired.

• Richard Goss
      January 3, 2022

If it happens with all your cakes it could be that your oven is not calibrated properly. You don’t need a service tech to deal with it either. For a couple dollars you can get an oven thermometer and determine how far off it is, then adjust knob accordingly in the future.

• Mary
    December 23, 2021

This was the absolute best banana bread recipe ever. I added a little fresh orange juice that was about to go bad. M&M cookie crumbs and vodka. I like to add everything to my bread. Okay, I was kidding about the vodka. But seriously I may try some spiced rum next time. Thanks!!!

December 23, 2021

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review!

• RJ
    December 23, 2021

when I defrost my bananas,, do I remove most of the liquid or do I add some of it and the bananas and my batter?

December 23, 2021

Hi RJ, I would discard if there is an excessive amount.

• Char
      January 5, 2022

honestly at first i was tempted to discard the liquid, but when u mash it all together its not overly thin/watery… and it does contain a lot of the sugars and banana goodness. it has never ruined a banana bread for me. Just my two cents 😉

• JJW
    December 22, 2021

First time making it. Turned out a bit overdone. Had baked 55 min. Recipe calls for 55-60 minutes. I think it may have been the dark, nonstick bread pan. Next time, I’ll check at 50 min. Still very good.

December 23, 2021

• Michele Richards
    December 14, 2021

Best banana bread I’ve ever made.. absolutely delicious!!!

December 15, 2021

Thanks for the awesome review, Michele!

• John
    December 14, 2021

As usual a fantastic recipe from Natasha. We left out the nuts and raisons but added a half cup of unsweetened coconut flakes, which affected the texture, the chew, more than the flavor in an interesting way.

December 14, 2021

That’s something new, I haven’t tried that yet but good to know that you still enjoyed it!

• Rosa
    December 9, 2021

Hi Natasha! Is there any difference in the amount of ingredients for doubling the recipe? I tried it yesterday with someone else’s recipe (that was my first mistake) and it came out awful! I’ve made this one before and we loved it, So this time I’m just trying to save myself the trouble and heartache. Thank you!

December 9, 2021

Hi Rosa, our readers have doubled the recipe just fine in the past. When making a double batch, we usually just double all of the ingredients and divide into 2 separate pans then bake together. They may need slightly more bake time so be sure to check with a toothpick and remove when there is no wet batter sticking to the toothpick. We place leftovers in a large ziploc bag (or cover with plastic wrap) and refrigerate.

• Irene
      January 31, 2022

Can you advise how much mashed bananas per cup or grams? Thanks

• Yana
    December 5, 2021

I don’t think I have a bread pan but I would love to try this recipe! Can I use dutch oven to bake this?

December 5, 2021

Hi Yana, I haven’t really tried that yet to advise of the timing and other instructions. Feel free to do an experiment and please share with us how it goes if you do try.

• Pat T
    December 3, 2021

hi Natasha tried the recipe yesterday and did not realize I used baking powder instead of baking soda and my bread did not rise at all – it was dense and not so moist… have u experience this before? I was so bummed out – will try again

December 4, 2021

Hi Pat, it’s important not to mix those up to avoid this happening. Baking soda is three times stronger than baking powder, so you will need three times the baking powder allowing this to rise properly if using that. I hope you give this another try soon!

• Corinne
    December 3, 2021

Natasha I live at 6000 ft now and I think I should of turned the oven up to 375. Do you have any suggestions for this recipe, cooking at high altitudes? It tastes great but it got a little bit too brown trying to get the center cooked.

December 3, 2021

Hi Corinne, I don’t have experience with high-altitude baking but you can find more tips on High Altitude Baking HERE.

• Zainab
    December 3, 2021

Hey Natasha!!
    I just tried this one and it is just soooo good! I have tried several recipes for banana bread and this is hands down the best recipe. It’s just the perfect amount of sugar and is really delish with all the ripe banana flavours. Tysm for the recipe<33

December 3, 2021

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review, Zainab!

• Zainab
    December 3, 2021

Hey Natasha!!
    I just tried this one and it is just soo good. Nice and moist with all the beautiful banana flavours!!
    I have tried several recipes for banana bread and this is hands down the best one!
    Will definitely make it again because I’ve just got a new favourite recipe;))
    Tysm for the recipe! Lots of love<3

December 3, 2021

I’m so glad this was a hit, and you loved it! Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Zainab!

• Annam
    November 30, 2021

This is my favourite and go-to banana bread recipe! I just discovered it a couple of months ago and have already made it three times (one is currently in the oven!). I only use 1/2 cup of sugar and don’t add the walnuts and raisins (just personal preference!). My in-laws love it and my mother-in-law always asks me to make it for her now. Would highly recommend!

November 30, 2021

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite, Annam!

• Darlene Lucas
    November 30, 2021

Why dose my banana bread almost burn on the bottom before it if fully baked.

November 30, 2021

Hi Darlene, I haven’t had that happen – are you possibly baking on a lower rack? I’d recommend baking in the center of the oven. Also, make sure you are using conventional oven modes (not convection)

• Angie
    November 30, 2021

I didn’t have a bread pan I only had a muffin tray so I made these into muffins, they were so moist and so delicious 🤤 will definitely make these again . Thank you for another great recipe

November 30, 2021

Yum! That sounds amazing, Angie! Thank you so much for sharing that with me.

• LILLIAN CARBONE
        December 21, 2021

Can you use bisquick mix instead of flour for this recipe ?just curious if it will change the taste

December 21, 2021

Hi Lillian, I haven’t tested that to advise. If you experiment, let me know how you liked the recipe.

• Charmonnay
    November 29, 2021

This looks so delicious!
    Could I perhaps use a 9.5 inch bread pan?
    Charmonnay

November 29, 2021

Hi Charmonnay, I bet that could work! We used a 9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep pan.

• Yssabela
    November 24, 2021

Hiii Ms. Natasha, what is the size of pan that you used? Thank youu

• May Chung
    November 23, 2021

The butter ½ cup (8 Tbsp) is melted? or just scope from a tablespoon 8 spoonful? or use a cup to measure 1/2 cup? Is it half a bar of 125g please?
    I’m making tomorrow. 1st time. Trust it will be successful. Tks for the tips.

November 23, 2021

Hi May, butter is measured before it’s melted. Our butter packaging is marked with tablespoons so 8 tbsp is a stick of butter. If you scroll down to our printable recipe card, most of our recipes have a metric conversion option on the printable recipe card. We are currently working on adding metric measurements to all of our recipes, but it is taking some time to add them one at a time. Thank you so much for being patient! In the meantime, check out our post on measuring which should help.

• Stephen M
    November 22, 2021

The banana bread recipe was amazing! I didn’t use walnuts because I burned them :} But I put in lots of coconut flakes and the raisins. I look forward to trying more of your recipes!

November 22, 2021

I’m so glad you loved it, Stephen!

• Ranuth wijesinghe
        November 22, 2021

Your very welcome Natasha. Now my neighbours think I’m an amazing.

• Ranuth wijesinghe
    November 21, 2021

Love love love it. I’ve made this so many times and in Sri Lanka there are numerous varieties of banana and everyone of them I tried was amazing. Once we got bananas from our neighbours so I made them banana bread and they raved thank you so much Natasha and Vadim(there might be misspellings)

November 22, 2021

You are so welcome! Great to hear that this is now your go-to recipe, thanks for the review!

• Vijay
    November 15, 2021

Thx u for sharing u tasty recipe’s
    Pls tell me is baking soda the same baking powder 🙉

November 16, 2021

You’re welcome and they appear similar but they are not the same. I recommend checking google for more info on the difference of the two.

• Melanie Wellman
    November 14, 2021

This is the best banana bread recipe! Such a light fluffy bread when baked. I usually make this recipe into muffins and mini-muffins for my family. My kids love the mini ones that I add mini chocolate chips to. Thank you for the wonderful recipe!

November 14, 2021

Aaw that’s awesome feedback, Melanie. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Kathryn Boll
    November 10, 2021

Love this recipe! The only thing I do differently is soak the raisins in some type of liquid for about an hour (used apple cider last time and next time would like to use spiced rum). The raisins are so plump and juicy. Oh, Also used golden raisins as I prefer the flavor. Thanks for the yummy recipe 😊.

November 10, 2021

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Kathryn! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

• Gia
    November 10, 2021

Can I add part white sugar/part brown sugar to this recipe instead of all white sugar?

November 10, 2021

Hi Gia, I bet that could work! I haven’t personally tried that but I saw someone else comment and shared this “Ok, I totally Frankenstein’d your recipe but had amazing results! I substituted the 3/4 sugar for 1 cup dark brown sugar. I also added a dash of lemon extract, cinnamon, ginger,and nut meg. Instead of making a loaf I made 6 muffin baked for aprox 30 mins.i also tossed a bit of brown sugar on top before I baked” I hope that helps!

• Paulette
    November 8, 2021

I notice that do not add any water or milk? Is liquid not necessary?

November 8, 2021

Hi Paulette, that’s right, the bananas provide the moisture, and no additional liquid is needed.

• Terry
        January 26, 2022

I made your recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and it was absolutely delicious -so moist and lots of banana and chocolate flavor. I am wondering if you think I could substitute fresh blueberries for raisins in your Raisin and Walnut Banana Bread?

January 26, 2022

Hi Terry, I haven’t tried that, but it sounds delicious! If you experiment, let me know how you liked the recipe.

• denise
    November 6, 2021

I made this for my adult kids who all came in to town for vacation. They loved it, saying it was the best banana bread I have made. I’m going to try the slow cooker lasagna next-looks so simple and easy.

November 6, 2021

That is the best when kids love what we moms make. That’s so great!

• Vinu George
    November 4, 2021

Can I substitute 3/4 cup of sugar with 3/4 cup of honey or maple syrup?
    Thanks,
    Vinu

November 5, 2021

Hi Vinu, that may work here, one of our readers mentioned the following about using sugar “I used a half cup of honey, as my bananas were very ripe and added enough sweetness.” I hope this helps

• Camelia
    November 4, 2021

Hi natasha i really like your recepies But Please also note the recepie ingredients in Grams and miligrams that will be really helpful . Thank you!

November 4, 2021

Hi Camelia, you can actually convert the ingredients to grams. Just click Jump to recipe then click Metric to do that.

• Stacie Catherine Shepherd
    November 3, 2021

Hi Natasha! Thanks for the amazing recipes! I had to replace the second cook at my job, I was nervous because I have little experience. Luckily I stumbled across your website, the recipes were easy to understand and execute, and they were always a huge success with the crew!! Thanks so much!!! Keep up the amazing work!!

November 3, 2021

Thank you, Stacie. I appreciate that! I hope you’ll love all the recipes that you will try.