Home > Bread Recipes > Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

An easy and moist Banana Bread Recipe that is loaded with bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. This is one of our favorite overripe banana recipes with hundreds of 5-star reviews.

Banana Bread on a cutting board with walnuts, raisins and ripe bananas to make healthy banana bread

Banana Nut Bread Recipe:

This is my husband’s recipe which he has perfected over the years and he is known for his Banana Bread. He makes it frequently and it always disappears fast! It is simple to make and our favorite way to use up overripe bananas so they never go to waste. It’s super moist and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. We even created Banana Muffins from this recipe.

This loaf stays moist for days and also makes for a thoughtful and delicious gift idea for the holidays (I’ll take banana bread over fruit cake any day).

Banana Bread Video Tutorial:

Watch Natasha make this moist banana bread. You will be surprised at how easy it is. We will never stop loving this recipe. Now go forth and bake!

Ingredients for Banana Bread:

This is everything you need to make the best banana bread: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, softened butter, eggs and of course very ripe bananas. Adding walnuts and raisins is optional but adds great taste and texture, turning it into a banana nut bread.

Can I Omit Walnuts and Raisins?

YES! The recipe will still work if raisins and walnuts are omitted. We make it nut-free all the time due to a walnut allergy in the family. You will still have the softest, super moist and scrumptious loaf. You can also replace them with some chocolate to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.

Ingredients for Banana Bread with ripe bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, butter, walnuts and raisins

How to Ripen Bananas:

• Quick Oven Method: If your bananas are a little green and you want them to ripen quicker, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 250˚F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the initial ripeness of the bananas.
  • 24 Hour Counter Method: If you are willing to wait 1 day, you can place the bunch of bananas (without separating them) in a paper bag, cover and leave at room temperature. Bananas emit ethylene which causes ripening. Adding an apple to the bag will speed up the process.

Can I Freeze Overripe Bananas?

If you have overripe bananas and aren’t ready to bake with them, DO NOT throw them away!

How to Freeze Bananas: place them un-peeled in a freezer-safe bag, remove any excess air and freeze up to 3 months. You can use thawed bananas for banana bread. You can also freeze them peeled and cut into pieces for easier use in smoothies. P.S. You can also freeze a whole banana bread with the same method!

Slices of banana nut bread on a plate

How to Make Banana Bread:

This is the easiest banana bread recipe. We mix it in a stand mixer because it’s easy, but you can use an electric hand mixer and can even make it work with a hand whisk. There is no fancy equipment required. Watch the video tutorial below and you will be a pro in no time!

1. In the mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
  2. Mix in mashed bananas and eggs.
  3. Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda and add to batter.
  4. Stir in vanilla, walnuts, and raisins, transfer to prepared loaf pan and bake.

Substitutions for a Healthy Banana Bread:

• My sister Anna made this into a honey banana bread; replacing sugar with honey.
  • Use organic whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
  • Replace 1 Tbsp of flour with 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed.
  • Reduce sugar to 1/2 cup when using very ripe bananas; they add plenty of sweetness

Moist banana bread recipe sliced to show banana nut bread center

Love Sweet Breads? Try these Popular Bread Recipes:

We love sweetbreads because they are easy to make and are such a treat, especially when you top them with Honey Butter! Don’t miss these reader favorites:

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

Cook Time: 1 hour
Banana bread sliced on a cutting board

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. It is one of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas.

Keyword: banana bread, banana nut bread
Course: Breakfast, snack

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan (9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep). Lightly roast walnuts on a skillet, continuously stirring so they won’t burn. Coarsely chop and cool to room temperature.

2. In a mixing bowl, cream together 8 Tbsp softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar (or honey if using honey).

3. Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the batter along with 2 eggs, mixing until blended.

4. In a separate bowl, whisk together: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt then add to batter.

5. Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix in chopped walnuts and raisins. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let banana bread rest for 10 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

This banana bread recipe was first published in 2009; one of the very first recipes on our blog! It has been a reader and family favorite ever since.

Moist banana nut bread on kitchen towel

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy sweet raisins and toasted walnuts making it a banana nut bread. One of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas! This banana nut bread is super moist, easy and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. | natashaskitchen.com

• CareyAnn
    July 21, 2022

Hi there, this recipe sounds amazing. I was was just wondering what kind of raisins do you use? Thank you

July 21, 2022

Hi! Here is the link to the raisins that I used.

• Tay
    July 20, 2022

nice, turned out super yummy. good dirrections, made it with no problem. put it in my fav recipe collection.
    thank you!

July 20, 2022

That’s wonderful! So glad you enjoyed this recipe.

• Victoria
    July 20, 2022

Absolutely delicious! I do recommend doing 1/2 cup brown sugar and a 1/4 white sugar!

July 20, 2022

Thanks for your recommendation, Victoria!

• Channel Jones
    July 20, 2022

Baking time for microwave? That’s all I got time been tough Natasha please help.

July 20, 2022

Hi, I haven’t tested baking this using a microwave to advise. If you do that as an experiment, please share with us how it goes!

• GMBC
    July 20, 2022

Hi Natasha, I check your site regularly have not made any specific reciopes as yet. I do use the recipes for cooking ideas. for the Banana bread which my wife makes her own recipe she substitutes apple sauce for eggs due to an egg allergy in our family and works great. Have a great day . I enjoy reading your recipes .

July 20, 2022

Hi! Thank you for sharing. I’m glad they can be helpful to reference.

• Cuci
    July 19, 2022

Hi ! May i just ask how many cups of chopped/mashed bananas is approximately equal to 3 large ones ? Thank you

July 19, 2022

Hi. I do not have this measurement but a quick google search says 3 bananas equals 2 cups chopped or 1-1/2 cups mashed.

• Rosalinda L.
    July 18, 2022

Question, i don’t have a loaf pan . Can i use a square pan ?

July 18, 2022

Hi Rosalinda, I haven’t tried this cake pan. A 9″ cake pan may work, but it would take less time than a loaf pan to bake.

• Stacey Morse
      July 19, 2022

Hi, I’m making this for the first time. I would prefer to make muffins. Have you ever used this batter to make muffins? If so, what temperature do I need to bake them at and for how long? Thank you!

July 19, 2022

Hi Stacey, you sure can do muffins. We love this recipe so much that we created Banana Muffins from this recipe. You can find them HERE.

• Susan
    July 18, 2022

This was perfect! It was so good I didn’t miss not having chocolate chips which I have used with other recipes. It came together so easily which is also a plus.

July 18, 2022

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review, Susan!

• BB
    July 17, 2022

Thank you for this recipe. I made. It last night just omitted the raisins. It was just like Starbucks banana bread! When I toasted the walnuts I added a little of the butter and brown sugar to the pan that was left over in bowl. Yummy!! This is going to be my go to. Thanks again.

July 17, 2022

Love it! Thank you for your great comments and feedback.

• Shannon
    July 16, 2022

Hi. Thanks for this. Havent tried it yet. My mom’s used oil instead of butter, and we are from the South! And there was baking powder too. (?) But this is the closest to the receipt that I can remember. We put cream cheese on ours sometimes but you need weight and density for that. I hope this is the answer to my memories.

July 16, 2022

The cream cheese sounds amazing! I hope you love this recipe, Shannon. 🙂

• Gail
    July 16, 2022

Excellent moist recipe…I’ve been searching for one this good, and happy I found it. Thanks!

July 16, 2022

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed and found it, Gail!

• Rain
    July 15, 2022

This is by far the best banana bread I ever made. Thank you for the recipe!

July 15, 2022

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Rain!

• Helen Palmer
    July 15, 2022

Hi Natasha, I just finished baking your recipe for Banana nut / raisins bread and it was moist and just have the right sweetness. Thank you! Helen Palmer

July 15, 2022

That’s great! Thank you for your feedback Helen!

• Joan Ludwig
    July 14, 2022

I would appreciate all ingredients w measurenents at beginning of recipe. Including oven temp, grease pans or not. Found myself going back or forward countless times. Love your recipe blog. Just a small tweak! 👍🏻

July 14, 2022

Hi Joan, we made this easy on every page. If you are at the top of the recipe page, click “jump to recipe” where you will be sent to the print-friendly recipe card and everything is there. I hope you love this banana bread.

• carla
    July 14, 2022

hi! Natasha, I would love to try your recipe.. how many loaf can I bake in 1 batch?

July 14, 2022

Hi Carla. This recipe makes 1 loaf. I baked it in a 9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep pan. If you want to increase the recipe to make 2 loafs that would be fine. I hope you love this recipe.

• Rai
    July 14, 2022

Hi Natasha! Can I omit the walnuts and raisins? Planning to replace them with choco chips. How much do I put? Thank you!

July 14, 2022

Hi Rai, I’m sure that will be just fine. I hope you enjoy it!

• Missy
    July 13, 2022

HELP!! We’re addicted lol So moist, makes great French toast. We even made into banana bread cake pops. Always asked to make. Thank you for sharing your recipe

July 13, 2022

You’re so welcome, Missy!

• April
        August 2, 2022

Do I need to use toasted walnuts or can I just add chopped walnuts?
        Can I use 1/4 cup light brown sugar and a 1/4 cup regular sugar?

August 2, 2022

You can just add the walnuts but toasting them does elevate the flavor. I have not tested this recipe with just 1/2 cup of sugar. The recipe calls for 3/4 cups. One of my other readers commented that they used 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar and it turned out great.

• Briana
    July 12, 2022

WOW!!! Absolutely perfect!
    If you’re looking for a recipe for banana bread…. THIS IS IT!!

July 12, 2022

Thank you, Briana! I’m so glad you loved it!

• Deanna
    July 11, 2022

Could you use this recipe and make muffins instead of the loaf?

July 11, 2022

Hi Deanna, yes, you sure can. We love this recipe so much that we created Banana Muffins from this recipe. You can find them HERE.

• Cynthia Pajas
    July 10, 2022

Based on the ratings, I expected to be wowed. The bread isn’t anymore moist than the recipe I’ve followed for years. Additionally, it lacked in flavor. Recipe was followed to the letter, fully ripe, almost full brown bananas. Disappointed.

July 11, 2022

Hi Cynthia, this has been one of our most popular recipes for years and I am always happy to help troubleshoot. I wonder if maybe not enough bananas (using small banans) were used or if there were any substitutions in the recipe (ie using less butter)? Also, make sure not to overbake which could result in a dry banana bread (it’s important to note this recipe is not written for a convection oven). I hope that helps.

• Dunia
      July 16, 2022

You must have left it in the oven too long. I always check 10 min before the bake time to see how the bread is doing in the oven. Most of the time I’ll take it out earlier so it stays moist. Good luck next time 😊

• Evelyn
    July 10, 2022

I have been searching for a good banana bread recipe. I FOUND IT. I love your recipe. Doubled the batch, so we can enjoy one and freeze the other. This is a keeper. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

July 11, 2022

That’s great, Evelyn! You’re very welcome. I’m glad you found a new go-to recipe for banana bread. 🙂

• Candice
    July 9, 2022

Enjoy your recipes ~ I used Oat flour, left the raisin out and cut back a bit on sugar. In the Oven and the kitchen smells wonderful. I know it will be moist, flavorful and enjoyed ~ thank you ~ CP, TN

July 9, 2022

That’s great! Thank you for sharing your substitutions, I’m sure my other readers will find this helpful.

• KimW
      July 29, 2022

Thank you for sharing this! I was wondering if I could make this recipe with gluten free flour, and it’s super good to know that oat flour worked well! 🙂

• Manjit
    July 8, 2022

I dont like banana bread but my partner loved it so I baked this recipe. Surprisingly I actually enjoyed it myself, especially the crunchy outer area.

This is now my go to recipe.

July 8, 2022

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review, Manjit!

• Mary Ann
    July 8, 2022

Banana bread is always simple to make but this was so moist and delicious. It is a keeper for sure. No need to freeze it because it disappeared in a flash.

July 8, 2022

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review, Mary Ann! I’m so glad this was a hit!

• M. Cruz
    July 7, 2022

Made this twice this week already. I adjusted the sugar to 1/2cup and still came out good. Been making banana bread many times and wasn’t expecting that raisins would complement a banana bread too. Thanks for this recipe which for sure is a keeper.

July 7, 2022

That’s great to hear. So glad you enjoyed my recipe. Thank you for the review.

• Raana
    July 7, 2022

I “discovered” you a couple of months ago and am TOTALLY HOOKED !! Your recipes are perfect. I love your quirky humour and fun.. it all adds up to a beautiful person. Hey! I’m 70 years old and can get away by calling you beautiful which you are ! Cherry pie recipe was superlative ! I made 5 pies in one day! Not bad hunh! Greetings and all the best from Islamabad, Pakistan 🇵🇰 😀 😊

July 7, 2022

Aww, thank you Raana! That is very kind. So glad you enjoy my recipes.

• Wendy
    July 7, 2022

HI Natasha, I love your recipes! I’ve tried the banana bread a couple of times and it doesn’t cook through in the middle. I’ve obviously baked it longer, but then the rest of the loaf is dry. Any suggestions?

July 7, 2022

Hi Wendy. Did you make any substitutions in the recipe, or use a smaller pan? If the batter is too much for the pan, it will bake faster towards the outside and be undone in the middle causing it to be over-baked overall if you bake it until the middle sets as well. It could also be that your oven overheats or bakes unevenly. You might check the inside temp of your oven by using an Oven Thermometer. I hope that helps.

• Jean Thomas
    July 7, 2022

I’m excited to make this banana bread. I’d like to bake it in a silicone baking pan the makes 8 small loaves. Do you have any idea how long the baking time would be for 8 small loaves? And does the silicone pan make a difference?

July 7, 2022

Hi Jean, I hope you love this recipe. I have not made these into small loaves so I cannot advise how long but they will get done quicker than a large loaf so you will half to watch the time. I think the silicone molds will be just fine.

• Will
        July 10, 2022

Natasha I used the smaller 6×3.5” disposable tin pans and baked 4 of them for about 40-45 minutes and they came out perfect for me.

July 11, 2022

That’s great to know, Will. Thank you for sharing with us. 🙂

• Fiona
    July 5, 2022

I made this at the weekend and it was delicious. I love your recipes . Thank you for putting metric instructions as I am never sure about cup measures. The loaf was really moist even after a few days

July 5, 2022

Hi Fiona, you’re welcome! I’m happy to hear that you’re enjoying my recipes. Thanks for appreciating the metrics too!

• Mercy
    July 4, 2022

Hi,
    I have a couple banana trees in my backyard and had some ripe bananas. Found this recipe and made it without raising, reducing sugar to only 1/2 cup and with no raisins. Also used 1/2 cup of buckwheat 1/2 cup of all purpose flour. The result was amazing. I love this recipe for its simplicity and the final result. Unfortunately the banana bread only lasted a couple of hrs 🙂 Thanks.

July 4, 2022

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review, Mercy!

• Bozena
    July 2, 2022

So delicious and easy to make
    After I hour of making it I come to the kitchen and half is gone
    My husband – you can not find more delicious one in The best bakeries – yes because it is Natasha’s Best Bakery❤️
    Thank you for this and other delicious recipes I am and I will try 🤗

July 2, 2022

I’m so happy this was a hit, Bozena! Thank you so much for sharing this awesome feedback with me!

• Stephanie L
    July 1, 2022

Hey, I am not doing the nuts or raisins so should I change any of the recipe or just don’t add them and follow everything else?

July 1, 2022

Hi Stephanie. No, you do not need to make any adjustments. Just leave them out.

• Amy M from PA
    June 30, 2022

Just made this recipe for the first time. I did 2 bananas per load instead of the 3 just because that’s what I had available. I also substituted stevia in the raw for sugar bc my boyfriend is diabetic. It smells amazing! Only issue I had with it is that the recipe says to bake for 1 hour, but if I did that, my load would’ve been burnt… I only baked mine for 35 minutes and it came out perfectly clear in the center, lightly golden brown on the top! I followed the instructions to the tee other than those couple of things.

July 1, 2022

Hi Amy, sometimes it depends on the equipment but I’m glad it was a success!

• Michelle Saporito
        July 3, 2022

This is very good, except (and I can see it in your pics too) the bread is a little overdone on the edges. It is still very good, Although a little tougher. Any way to cure that- like lower temp and longer or tenting the bread? Also, how do I incorporate cinnamon into the recipe?

July 3, 2022

Thanks a lot for sharing. Feel free to make some minor changes according to your personal preference. I have not tested that but I saw one of our readers shared this “I did one cup of all purpose and half a cup of whole wheat flour and I added cinnamon and sugar on top. 100% recommend!” I hope that helps!

• Dinsu
    June 29, 2022

Please ingredients into gram..🙏
    I dont understand,,, 8 table spoon or 1 1/2 cup..🥺🙏

June 29, 2022

Hi there, you can convert the ingredients to grams. Just click Metric and it will change automatically. Hope that helps!

• Felicia
    June 29, 2022

Could you please let us know how much banana in cups to use? I have small and really large bananas. Then I put them all in the blender and now I have a lot of mush lol.

June 29, 2022

Hi Felicia, it is about 1 3/4 cups of mashed bananas.

• Tina DeLaRosa
    June 29, 2022

Hello I was introduced to your blog by my sister and I love it! I am glad to be a part of your blogger family 😊 you for making the art of cooking fun, easy and educational.

June 29, 2022

I’m so glad she told you about my blog, Tina! Welcome! I hope you try more of our recipes soon and find some favorites!

• Ann
    June 28, 2022

This is the 3rd time I’ve made this bread this month.
    Everyone how has had it has raved about the taste.
    BUT I’m going to rave about the simplicity of making the banana bread.
    So few ingredients and such big flavor.
    My sister-in-law is going through chemo and was craving banana bread, and wasn’t able to get it at the grocery store.
    I told her I’d see what I could do.
    Less than 2 hrs later, I presented her with a piece fresh from the oven. HUGE hit, thank you for sharing 🙏🤩👍

June 28, 2022

That’s great! So glad it was enjoyed. Thanks for sharing, Ann.

• Sherri
    June 26, 2022

My husband is an EMT, I always bake for his station, they all called me and said is was the best banana bread they ever had. I added mini chocolate chips to it. Thank you for your delicious recipes. I make many of your recipes

June 26, 2022

That’s really some lovely feedback, love it! Thanks a lot for sharing that with us. I hope you’ll love all the recipes that you will try.

• Pamela
    June 24, 2022

How do you add raisins and keep them from all falling to the bottom of the loaf?

June 24, 2022

Hi Pamela, toss them through some flour. This will coat the fruit and it helps the fruit to grip the cake batter and rise better with the cake.

• Tina Bardetti
    June 23, 2022

Hi my names Tina,
    Can you please give me your recipe in grams as it’s confusing for me to convert 3/cups into Italian or English grams, so many of your delicious recipes I can’t do ☹️Congratulations on your ideas and recipes TOP 👏👏

June 23, 2022

Hello Tina, you can convert the ingredients to grams in the written recipe. Just click Jump to recipe then click Metric to do that. I hope that helps!

• David
    June 21, 2022

Super Recipe! I made it without the raisins though, just a personal preference and Put the walnuts on the bottom of the pan before adding the batter. I have to admit I was a little worried about the nuts burning, but as it turns out, it was quite good. Moist and delicious. It is a keeper. Thanks

June 21, 2022

That’s great, David! So happy you enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

• Siti
    June 20, 2022

Hi Natasha, will this work with bread flour ? cos that’s all i have in the pantry.

June 20, 2022

I don’t recommend using bread flour especially on your first try, I recommend following the ingredients exactly as written to achieve great results.

• Judy
    June 20, 2022

Question….could you double this recipe and put in in bundt pan?

June 20, 2022

Hi Judy, I one of our readers shared this “I doubled the recipe. Used less sugar and added some light brown sugar. I had leftover dates from my Italian fig cookies, so I chopped them and threw in as well as raisins and craisins and the toasted walnuts. I made two loaf pans and half dozen muffins. So good! The only recipe I will use for banana bread!” I hope that helps.

• Margaret Loh
    June 20, 2022

Bake this banana walnut raisin bread turn out very good. Smell good taste good thank you natasha.

June 20, 2022

That’s great!

• KB
    June 19, 2022

Excellent and very moist! So good with butter on it warm and a glass of cold milk. I like simple so this definitely will be a keeper.

June 20, 2022

I’m so glad this was a hit, KB! Thank you for your excellent review!

• Emmanuel
    June 18, 2022

Can you use oil as a substitute for the butter if you don’t have it ?

June 18, 2022

Hi Emmanuel, I haven’t tested that substitution but it should work. Here’s what one of our readers wrote “I made the same recipe but I just replaced the butter with the oil … It is very successful and delicious … Thank you Natasha …” I hope that helps.

• Christine
    June 15, 2022

I am having a little trouble with this recipe, I have it baking for almost an hour now and the bottom is cooked through but the top seems kind of raw yet. I am worried that if i leave it in any longer that my bread will burn as its a very dark brown. This is the second time i am making it as last night the top was raw and the bottom was done. I was hoping tonight would be different.

June 16, 2022

Hi Christine. If you followed the ingredients and instructions correctly, I would say it’s possibly an oven issue. Be sure to fully preheat your oven before baking the bread. I would also recommend getting an internal oven thermometerto check to see if your oven is heating correctly and make adjustments as needed. Also, be sure that your oven shelf is in the middle and not too close to the bottom.

• Amanda
        June 21, 2022

Now seeing this very true i responded and saw yours after but facts it happens a lot and if someone new to baking they don’t always know the difference between Celsius and Fahrenheit so that can be an issue hope she get through

• Amanda
      June 21, 2022

Maybe it’s your oven you need to adjust because some ovens don’t cook evenly once the temperature isn’t set proper meaning your oven and her oven can be on the same temperature but yours can be hotter than it should be so a thermometer can be use if you not sure how to adjust it on your own. so I think from experience start with a lower temperature, then raise it to the end after checking after the 1hr for doneness to give it color If necessary.

• Pat
      June 26, 2022

I had the same concern. It was in for the allotted time but the toothpick came up wet but the bread looked quite browned. Just leaving it in a few extra minutes made a huge difference! It didn’t burn at all and came out nice and moist.

• Michelle
    June 14, 2022

This is my first time making banana bread and it turned out amazing. Thank you. I followed the recipe except I used 4 bananas and omitted the raisins. I used a glass baking dish and cooked it for 55 minutes.

June 15, 2022

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Michelle!

• Jennifer
    June 14, 2022

Do I have to toast the walnuts? I’ve never made Banana bread but my daughter in law is pregnant and craving it…with walnuts.

June 14, 2022

Hi Jennifer, I used store-bought toasted walnuts for this recipe. You can toast them to bring out the best flavor of the walnuts.

• Merilyn
    June 13, 2022

I made this yesterday and it was a hit. So moist and delicious. The only thing I would change is to cut the sugar a little bit. Thank you for sharing this recipe Natasha.

June 13, 2022

Thank you for the feedback, Merilyn. So glad you enjoyed this recipe.

• Jennifer Jones
    June 12, 2022

This was the best banana bread recipe. I added peaches and it is the most moist bread I have ever made. OMG!

June 12, 2022

So glad you love this recipe, Jennifer!

• Julia
    June 10, 2022

I’m dairy free so I subbed coconut oil for the butter and it came out delicious! Only baked for 45 mins as well.

June 11, 2022

That’s great to know. Thank you for sharing, Julia!

• Nancy
    June 10, 2022

I made 2 loaves today. One I made it exactly as your recipe indicated and the other one I left out the nuts and raisins (kids who think those are vegetables lol) this is a delicious recipe and I plan on using this as my go to from now on.

June 10, 2022

I’m so glad both worked out great, Nancy! That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review!

• SuNisha
    June 9, 2022

M not a baker but tried your recipe because my husband wanted to eat home baked banana bread (yea I know 🙄)…
    And it came out so well. Perfect sweet and perfect moist. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Loved it…

June 9, 2022

I’m so glad he loved it! I bet he was so happy knowing you made it!

• Lisa
    June 9, 2022

it’s in the oven now. I used organic whole wheat flour and honey. But I mixed the bananas honey and sugar, then added the flour OMG forgot the eggs! So I added the eggs to the batter but hoping I didn’t ruin it! lol

June 9, 2022

Fingers crossed it all works out & you love it!

• Wendy Denney
    June 8, 2022

I made these yesterday. The perfect consistency, I must say, and I have tried many different banana bread recipes. I made them in 4 mini loafs and baked them for 35 minutes. No top cracking! I wonder how rum-soaked raisins would do in this recipe…I might try that next time for an extra pop.

June 8, 2022

Sounds great and good to hear that you enjoyed the result too! I’m sure raisins will also be a nice addition to the recipe.

• Lynn
    June 6, 2022

I add 1/2 cup sour cream to the wet ingredients and it makes the banana bread very moist. My friends loved it. Thank you for the recipe. We have the same ingredients and the only thing I add is the sour cream.

June 6, 2022

That sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing, Lynn.

• Susan Sweeney
    June 6, 2022

Great Banana bread! I used dried cranberries instead of raisins and it was the best banana bread I’ve ever had! Thank you!

June 6, 2022

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite, Susan!

• Susan
    June 4, 2022

Made this for the first time today and it’s delicious. Such a simple recipe (I followed it exactly) that took minutes to mix. Next time I will try using 4 bananas for addt’l flavor. Thanks!

June 4, 2022

Thanks for sharing, Susan! So glad you enjoyed it.

• Christine
    June 4, 2022

Amazing recipe! I used King Arthur gluten free flour and omitted the raisins…turned out fantastic and was a hit with my family!

June 4, 2022

So glad to hear this worked well with gluten-free flour. Thank you for sharing, I’m sure many of our readers will find this helpful.

• Mel
    June 2, 2022

Has anybody tried to double this recipe? Any advice, Natasha? 😉 TIA

June 2, 2022

Hi Mel, I one of our readers shared this “I doubled the recipe. Used less sugar and added some light brown sugar. I had leftover dates from my Italian fig cookies, so I chopped them and threw in as well as raisins and craisins and the toasted walnuts. I made two loaf pans and half dozen muffins. So good! The only recipe I will use for banana bread!” I hope that helps.

• Mindie
    June 2, 2022

Hi! I just found your site recently and I have made this recipe twice in the last month! It is SO GOOD. =)
    I just wanted to hop on and say that I made these gluten free for our family and it turned out amazing! I used 1/2 King Arthur’s all purpose gf flour and half oat flour- I make it myself by grinding up oats in my blender.

June 2, 2022

Welcome to our blog, Mindie! I’m so glad you’re enjoying my recipes!

• Chantal
      June 3, 2022

Thank you for this comment. It makes me confident to try the recipe with the GF mix I use. Much appreciated!

• Jojo
    May 31, 2022

One of the best I’ve had. I baked it for 2 days in a row. First try, it seemed slightly burnt after about 50 mins in oven. But to my surprise, inside is perfect and moist. I baked the second one for 40 minutes. Crust is softer but inside is perfect. But my daughter still prefers a crunchier crust of the first one. I only added half the sugar and added 3 eggs as my eggs were small. Didn’t have nuts at home, so I added dark chocolate chunks. Love it! I’ll be sticking to this recipe for some time.

June 1, 2022

Hi Jojo, I haven’t tried those substitutions and that or any substitutions may hinder the recipe outcome. I always suggest making a recipe as written 🙂 I’m glad you both still loved it!

• Nadereh
    May 31, 2022

The best banana bread recipe 😋😋, many many thanks 🙏 🙏 😊😊😊

May 31, 2022

I’m so glad you found a favorite on my blog, Nadereh! That’s just awesome!

• Colin
    May 30, 2022

This is my favorite banana bread recipe so far. The only change I made was using pecans instead of walnuts because that’s what I had. I used three fairly large bananas. It’s so moist and the raisins give it that something extra. I could see adding a little bit of cinnamon, but really this is great as is.

May 30, 2022

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review, Colin!

• Sue Roberts
    May 30, 2022

Excellent! This makes a great snacking cake for a holiday weekend.

May 30, 2022

Thanks for the awesome feedback!

• Carol
    May 29, 2022

Perfect! I made this yesterday and it is just like my mom use to make!! No raisin’s, I used walnuts but didn’t roast them. 😋😋😋
    This will be my go to from here on out!! ❤️

May 29, 2022

I’m happy to hear that you loved this recipe!

• Liv
    May 29, 2022

Great recipe, thank you very much! This is the first banana cake I’ve made, but totally the best of all I have eaten so far.
    I made it with egg substitute (lupine based), coconut oil instead of butter and used 1/3 of the amount of sugar + some stevia. It turned out great, my guests were delighted 🙂

May 29, 2022

Yay, great job to you for doing a good job on your first try!

• Indi
    May 29, 2022

Another different level of banana bread! Natasha, this is the best banana bread I have ever made. Super moist and the sweetness is perfect! Thank you♥️

May 29, 2022

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback.

• Sue P
    May 25, 2022

Is all purpose flour plain or self rising flour please email didn’t send said I needed at least 50 words but have seen comments with less than 50 words

May 25, 2022

Hi Sue, we used All-purpose flour for this recipe.

• Debra
      May 27, 2022

Love this recipe.
      I tweak it with gluten free flour and add sour cream :)!
      Delicious
      Made it into muffins today.
      Ty

May 27, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Debra! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

• Marsha
        May 28, 2022

Hi Debra…Did you use the same amount of flour as the recipe called for? How much sour cream did you use ?

• ella
    May 25, 2022

OMG this was sooo good. I even used it on an essay for school

May 25, 2022

Hi Ella! That’s wonderful. So glad you found this recipe.

• Rebecca Barbee
    May 23, 2022

Made this recipe today,best banana bread I have ever ate.within 1 hour my daughter and granddaughter ate half the loaf.

May 23, 2022

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite, Rebecca! I’m happy you and your daughter loved it!

• Tahera
    May 22, 2022

Can I use brown sugar instead of white? Will the recipe turn out the same?

May 22, 2022

Hi there, I saw one of our readers shared this comment ” It’s soft and moist and not too sweet. I used brown sugar and almond instead of raisins and walnuts.” I hope that helps!

• May sheron
    May 19, 2022

Hi natasyakichen…is it good if I use baking powder instated use baking soda???

May 19, 2022

Hi May, Baking soda is three times stronger than baking powder, so you will need three times the baking powder allowing this to rise properly if using that. Substitutions may hinder the recipe outcome. I always suggest making a recipe as written the first time around.

• Romeo
        May 23, 2022

I do not know why but my banana bread seems to acidic. it tastes slightly citrusy and takes a lot longer to cook.

May 23, 2022

Hi Romeo, I haven’t had that experience, Did you possibly change any of the ingredients or maybe your bananas have gone bad? There is nothing in the recipe that would make it seem citrucy.

• Cindy
          September 11, 2022

I made the recipe with these changes.
          1-No raisins because my husband hates them,
          2- salted butter and then no added salt. That’s all I had handy.
          3- 1/4 cup butter instead of 1/2 to cut down on calories.
          It was fabulous anyway! Thanks

• Maham
    May 19, 2022

Hi Natasha, could I use almond meal in place of flour? Would that work?

May 19, 2022

Hello there, I have not tested that to advise. If you do an experiment, please share with us how it turns out.