Home > Bread Recipes > Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

An easy and moist Banana Bread Recipe that is loaded with bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. This is one of our favorite overripe banana recipes with hundreds of 5-star reviews.

Banana Bread on a cutting board with walnuts, raisins and ripe bananas to make healthy banana bread

Banana Nut Bread Recipe:

This is my husband’s recipe which he has perfected over the years and he is known for his Banana Bread. He makes it frequently and it always disappears fast! It is simple to make and our favorite way to use up overripe bananas so they never go to waste. It’s super moist and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. We even created Banana Muffins from this recipe.

This loaf stays moist for days and also makes for a thoughtful and delicious gift idea for the holidays (I’ll take banana bread over fruit cake any day).

Banana Bread Video Tutorial:

Watch Natasha make this moist banana bread. You will be surprised at how easy it is. We will never stop loving this recipe. Now go forth and bake!

Ingredients for Banana Bread:

This is everything you need to make the best banana bread: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, softened butter, eggs and of course very ripe bananas. Adding walnuts and raisins is optional but adds great taste and texture, turning it into a banana nut bread.

Can I Omit Walnuts and Raisins?

YES! The recipe will still work if raisins and walnuts are omitted. We make it nut-free all the time due to a walnut allergy in the family. You will still have the softest, super moist and scrumptious loaf. You can also replace them with some chocolate to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.

Ingredients for Banana Bread with ripe bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, butter, walnuts and raisins

How to Ripen Bananas:

• Quick Oven Method: If your bananas are a little green and you want them to ripen quicker, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 250˚F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the initial ripeness of the bananas.
  • 24 Hour Counter Method: If you are willing to wait 1 day, you can place the bunch of bananas (without separating them) in a paper bag, cover and leave at room temperature. Bananas emit ethylene which causes ripening. Adding an apple to the bag will speed up the process.

Can I Freeze Overripe Bananas?

If you have overripe bananas and aren’t ready to bake with them, DO NOT throw them away!

How to Freeze Bananas: place them un-peeled in a freezer-safe bag, remove any excess air and freeze up to 3 months. You can use thawed bananas for banana bread. You can also freeze them peeled and cut into pieces for easier use in smoothies. P.S. You can also freeze a whole banana bread with the same method!

Slices of banana nut bread on a plate

How to Make Banana Bread:

This is the easiest banana bread recipe. We mix it in a stand mixer because it’s easy, but you can use an electric hand mixer and can even make it work with a hand whisk. There is no fancy equipment required. Watch the video tutorial below and you will be a pro in no time!

1. In the mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
  2. Mix in mashed bananas and eggs.
  3. Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda and add to batter.
  4. Stir in vanilla, walnuts, and raisins, transfer to prepared loaf pan and bake.

Substitutions for a Healthy Banana Bread:

• My sister Anna made this into a honey banana bread; replacing sugar with honey.
  • Use organic whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
  • Replace 1 Tbsp of flour with 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed.
  • Reduce sugar to 1/2 cup when using very ripe bananas; they add plenty of sweetness

Moist banana bread recipe sliced to show banana nut bread center

Love Sweet Breads? Try these Popular Bread Recipes:

We love sweetbreads because they are easy to make and are such a treat, especially when you top them with Honey Butter! Don’t miss these reader favorites:

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

Cook Time: 1 hour
Banana bread sliced on a cutting board

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. It is one of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas.

Keyword: banana bread, banana nut bread
Course: Breakfast, snack

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan (9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep). Lightly roast walnuts on a skillet, continuously stirring so they won’t burn. Coarsely chop and cool to room temperature.

2. In a mixing bowl, cream together 8 Tbsp softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar (or honey if using honey).

3. Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the batter along with 2 eggs, mixing until blended.

4. In a separate bowl, whisk together: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt then add to batter.

5. Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix in chopped walnuts and raisins. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let banana bread rest for 10 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

This banana bread recipe was first published in 2009; one of the very first recipes on our blog! It has been a reader and family favorite ever since.

Moist banana nut bread on kitchen towel

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy sweet raisins and toasted walnuts making it a banana nut bread. One of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas! This banana nut bread is super moist, easy and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. | natashaskitchen.com

• Gail
    September 22, 2022

Banana bread in oven right now. So excited to taste it when it comes out of the oven. Will comment later .

September 22, 2022

We’d love to know how it goes!

• Sally
    September 22, 2022

This recipe always turns out. I’ve made it 4 or 5 times. The last time, which was Tuesday, I only used chocolate chips for my add ins…oh my…so good. You will succeed in making this bread. I’ve tried several recipes in the past. I will never need another recipe. Thanks Natasha.

September 22, 2022

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us, Sally!

• Phyllis
    September 20, 2022

Made this last night and it was delicious! I followed your recipe exactly except I substituted the sugar with monk fruit and I accidentally added 1 tsp baking powder…. Then I added the baking soda. Whew! It stilled turned out great!!! Will definitely make this again!😉

September 20, 2022

I’m glad it all worked out, Phyllis! Thank you so much for sharing that with me!

• HappyCoupleofCooks
    September 20, 2022

Excellent recipe! I adjust just a few things and it still came out wonderfully. I cut the sugar to 1/2 cup and used dark brown sugar, added 1 tsp of cinnamon, left out raisins and walnuts from the inside and topped it with cinnamon brown sugar and chopped toasted walnuts. The banana bread was really moist, soft and not overly sweet. It was perfect! Thank you for recipe!

September 20, 2022

Nice to know that the substitutions that you used worked! Thanks for sharing that with us.

• Joy
    September 19, 2022

Absolutely delicious! Made one batch without nuts or raisins and one with just the nuts (not a big raisin fan) Incredibly moist! Mine did require an extra 20-30 minutes to cook all the way through, but so worth it! Make sure you mix wet and dry separate first it makes all the difference!

September 19, 2022

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review, Joy!

• Wil Hirsch
    September 19, 2022

Banana bread going in the oven
    This is by far the best recipe ever
    Made well over 20 times now

September 19, 2022

I bet the house smells wonderful! I’m so glad you enjoy this recipe, Wil! Thank you for sharing. 🙂

• Geri Guastella
    September 18, 2022

Every recipe from you I used is the best and never failed! Every one! Now my banana bread is in the oven! Made it so many times! Thank you!

September 18, 2022

Aaaw thank you, that is so sweet!

• Jeanette
    September 16, 2022

I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love both of your banana bread recipes! They are a huge hit in my family. Every time I make them my whole family wants me to make them one. Most of the time I make them I’m making a minimum of 6 loaves. I make them for Family, friends, work, and church socials. I printed the recipes out and I keep them in my little puppy binder of my favorite recipes. They will probably be the only banana bread recipes I will every use. They will forever be made in my house. Thank you so much for sharing!

• Ann
    September 16, 2022

Best banana bread recipe ever!
    I make your banana bread recipe at least twice a month. I added chocolate chips for a long time. Now I’m adding dried cherries and toasted pecans. Also, making it with chopped dates and toasted walnuts. I also always add one teaspoon of cinnamon in all loaves. Family and friends love it.

September 16, 2022

That sounds amazing! So glad you love this recipe, Ann!

• Dora Cesiro
    September 15, 2022

Hello Natasha!! I love banana bread!! Can I substitute gluten free gluten flour in this recipe ?

September 15, 2022

Hi Dora. I have not tested it but I think it could work. One of my readers said, “I used 1/2 King Arthur’s all-purpose GF flour and half oat flour- I make it myself by grinding up oats in my blender.”

• Laura
    September 13, 2022

Excellent taste and texture. Simple and easy. Can always trust a banana bread recipe with a little cinnamon in it 🙂

September 14, 2022

THanks for the awesome feedback!

• Cheryl
    September 13, 2022

Hi Natasha. Can I freeze this bread? I know it’s probably yes but I looked at soooo many comments hoping to come up with this answer. I quit looking so I asked myself. I’m getting ready to make it. I just happen to have 3 Very Ripe bananas,

September 13, 2022

Hi Cheryl! Yes, I believe that is possible. This never lasts long enough for us to freeze but it should work.

• Noreen
    September 11, 2022

It’s in my oven right now! Will let you know how it comes out SOON!!! We are so excited!

September 11, 2022

We’d love to know how you liked the recipe, can’t wait for the feedback and review!

• Irene
    September 10, 2022

The best ever, I used golden raisins and mini chocolate chips.
    Iced with a lemon glaze.
    Fantastic!

September 10, 2022

Sounds delicious!

• Sue Gregory
    September 10, 2022

I love Banana bread I make it all the time my recipe about the same. I love you show!

• Janet
    September 9, 2022

I usually am not a great fan of banana bread until I had this recipe very easy to make and turned out true and delicious. Thank you.

September 9, 2022

I’m so happy to hear that, Janet! Thank you for the review.

• William R.
    September 7, 2022

I made the banana bread 🍞 for the first time and it came out great and tasty. I added some peanuts 🥜 along with everything else which added to the taste. I will have it at breakfast in the place of toast.

September 7, 2022

The perfect breakfast! I’m so glad you enjoyed it, William!

• Josephine
    September 5, 2022

Thanks for this recipe. I used frozen bananas and it worked well. the bread was slightly burnt though as I used 175 degree Celsius and baked for 55 minutes. Do you have any advice on the bakeware? I am using a darker color tray. Would that affect the temperature?

September 6, 2022

Hi Josephine. Dark metal pans generally absorb and distribute heat more quickly than lighter-colored pans. I would recommend using an internal oven thermometer to see how your oven heats up. You may need to turn the temperature down a bit to allow more even baking.

• Peggy
    September 5, 2022

I want to make this. It sounds delishious!. What would be the cup measurement for 3 bananas since bananas come in all different sizes.

September 5, 2022

Hi Peggy! I didn’t measure this in cups. I generally use 3 medium/large bananas. I’ve used more or less banana each time I make the recipe and it’s always turned out well, no issues.

• Rayanna Hamadi
    September 5, 2022

Made this at the cottage and everyone LOVED it! I used salted butter because that’s what we had on hand, I still added the salt. I used 1/2 a cup of honey and 1/4 of sugar. Since we had a walnut allergy, I omitted the walnuts but added bran and sweetened shredded coconut for some texture instead. Will be making again 100%

September 5, 2022

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and for sharing your experiment with the recipe. I’m so glad it was enjoyed.

• Honor
    September 4, 2022

I noticed there’s no baking powder in this recipe. I added a tsp. and made muffins with this recipe. They turned out great.

September 4, 2022

Glad to hear that it was a success!

• Jenna
    September 3, 2022

I made these as muffins and they turned out great! I baked them for 30 minutes and they came out perfect, it made about ~15 muffins and I added chocolate chips!

September 3, 2022

Thank you for the feedback, Jenna! So glad they were great.

• michelle
    August 31, 2022

so good! i altered this just a bit by making them into muffins and baking for 20/25 minutes at 375 and they were delicious!

August 31, 2022

That’s wonderful, Michelle! Thank you for sharing your experiment. 🙂

• Shauna
    August 31, 2022

Best banana bread recipe I’ve made and super easy. I’m not a baker but this is really easy for me to make. My husband likes it too. He gets excited when he sees very ripe bananas.

August 31, 2022

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review, Shauna!

• Rhina Fabianty
    August 31, 2022

This is my first banana bread. I use 90gr sugar . Turned out great. Thanks for the recipe.

August 31, 2022

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Rhina!

• Lhen Moses
    August 30, 2022

I used frozen super riped bananas (I didn’t want to throw them). Used 1/2 cup of honey instead of sugar. Also used whole wheat flour then added some chia seeds and flax seeds. I also added the toasted walnuts but no raisins. It turned out moist and tasty. Thank you for the recipe, my family really loved it.

August 30, 2022

Hi Lhen, thank you for sharing the substitutions that you used and I’m glad it worked!

• Audrey
    August 30, 2022

Fantastic! I couldn’t find my loaf pan so I used my 8×8 pan. Sooo good! This is my go to recipe. You won’t be disappointed. There was no way I was going to toss my over ripe bananas! I only used walnuts and no other extras.

August 30, 2022

So glad you loved this recipe, Audrey. Thank you for the review. I’m glad you found a go-to. 🙂

• Mary Jordan
    August 28, 2022

I skipped raisins, but added a hint of Nutmeg and Cinnamon. Just came out of the oven…haven’t tried it yet but smells wonderful! Thanks for the recipe Natasha.

August 28, 2022

You’re welcome, Mary. I hope it becomes your new favorite!

• Cess
        September 6, 2022

Hi, love your recipes, especially the tres leches. I wanna ask if is it okay if i add vinegar, and if I triple the recipe, should the vinegar added be also tripled?

September 6, 2022

Hi Cess! I have not tried vinegar in this recipe to advise.

• Kitt Assante
    August 28, 2022

There is a nutritional guide with the recipe. Do you know about how many serving you get out of one loaf according to the 350 cal/serving? Thank you

August 28, 2022

Hi Kitt, the serving is for 10 people.

• Vivian Gonzalez
    August 27, 2022

Hi Natasha… this has become my best bread, I bake it alsmot once a week. I change the nuts for blueberries or strawberries. Sometimes I even add carrots to the batter.

August 27, 2022

That’s wonderful, Vivian! I’m so glad you enjoyed this. The addition of carrots and fruit sounds great! 🙂

• Cynthia
    August 27, 2022

Hi!! Thanks for all your delicious recipes. Is it possible to use stevia or monk fruit and how much?

August 27, 2022

Hi Cynthia. I have not tested that to advise. One of my readers commented using stevia in place of sugar just fine. Hope that helps

• raja jaber
    August 26, 2022

absolutely delicious.
    Used half cup of sugar and walnuts.
    thank you!

• Alexandra
      August 29, 2022

Can I use bread flour in place of Ap flour? Will it alter the texture?

• Jeanne Fisher
    August 26, 2022

I love all the recipies I’ve tried on your website, the only one with a problem was the banana bread. The taste was outstanding but my loaf did not raise and I ended up with a totally flat loaf. There just wasn’t enough batter for the 9″x5″ pan. Any suggestions of what went wrong? I followed the recipe to a “t”. Help!

August 26, 2022

Hi Jeanne! I used a 9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep pan. I have not had a problem with the batter not being enough. Did you make any substitutions? I would also watch my tutorial on how to measure ingredients to make sure this was not the issue. I hope that helps.

• Ren
      August 28, 2022

It might be your baking soda… how old is your stock? Also, creaming the butter and sugar properly can affect the aeration and texture in the loaf..

• Krista
      August 29, 2022

I read the flour as a 1/2 cup the first time because the 1 and the 1/2 were on different lines for my screen. Almost went ahead but realized that just didn’t seem right. Just sharing in case I’m not the only one!

• Emmy
    August 24, 2022

Amazing banana bread! I am not a very good chef or baker by any means, but my first time making this I followed the recipe perfectly and it turned out amazing! So moist and delicious. Definitely a keeper!

August 24, 2022

That’s wonderful, Emmy! I’m so glad to hear that.

• Christine
    August 23, 2022

I used light brown sugar instead of confection sugar. Awesome outcome.

• Christine
      August 23, 2022

I meant I replaced granulated sugar with light brown sugar, the results were fantastic..!

August 23, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with me!

• Jeannie Mahoney
    August 22, 2022

Hello Natasha – I’m your GREATEST fan and I’ve cooked almost all your recipes! I’d like to ask why my banana bread NEVER rises; nor does it come out moist. I follow every measurement religiously with fresh, room temperature ingredients. My oven is brand new (2 of them), so what’s my problem?

August 22, 2022

Hi Jeannie! I’m so glad you enjoy my recipes. The most common issue could be that you are using too much flour. Watch my tutorial on how to measure your ingredients, HERE to make sure you are doing this accurately. Also, be sure to let your oven fully preheat and I highly recommend using a internal oven thermometer to check the accuracy of your oven temperature. I hope that helps.

• Ryan
    August 22, 2022

I’m using this recipe but making some changes. I’m using a sunflower and flour buffer. Instead of walnuts. I’m using hazelnuts minced, reeses peanut butter chips, and cinnamon toast crunch cereal minced. Wish me luck! Should be a good breakfast slide with peanut butter.

August 22, 2022

Hi Ryan! I hope it turns out well, would love to know you’re outcome. 🙂

• Barbara
    August 21, 2022

do i do anything different if i don’t want the walnuts in the mix?

August 21, 2022

Hi Barara, Yes! PLease see the “Can I Omit Walnuts and Raisins?” section in the recipe. I hope that helps!

• Bruce
    August 21, 2022

I added a chopped apple to the mix along with a little fresh ground nutmeg, cinnamon, and a teaspoon of honey. Was really good.

August 21, 2022

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Bruce!

• Jacqueline Lerose
    August 18, 2022

Has anyone tried using Golden raisins? How did it turn out?
    Thank you Natasha for such a fabulously easy, versatile & delicious recipe!

August 18, 2022

You’re welcome! I haven’t tried that yet but let’s see if others have something to share.

• sandy
    August 17, 2022

this is the best and most moist banana bread i have ever had i used honey about half a cup with walnuts and raisins and i have another in the oven now thank you

August 17, 2022

That’s wonderful! I’m happy to hear that, Sandy. Thank you for the feedback.

• Mary
    August 17, 2022

I’m using spaghetti to test the doneness. It’s still soft in middle how much longer should I bake it

August 17, 2022

Hi Mary. Did you make any adjustments to the recipe of use a smaller pan than I recommended in the recipe? It’s hard to tell without being there. It could also be that your oven bakes unevenly or that you may need to bake at a lower temperature for longer if it’s burning on the outside and not getting done in the middle with the recommended time in the recipe. You can use an internal oven thermometer to gauge what the cause could be. I hope that helps.

• Lynn
    August 15, 2022

I want to make muffins with this recipe which I have made before and loved. How long should I bake the regular sized muffins for?

• Eriq
    August 15, 2022

Hello, I can’t find our loaf pan anywhere (due to our kitchen being remodeled) all I have is a cake pan. Will this work?

August 15, 2022

Hi Eriq, I haven’t tried this cake pan. A 9″ cake pan may work, but it would take less time than a loaf pan to bake.

• Helen
    August 11, 2022

I have run out of eggs and going on a trip soon so don’t want to buy eggs before I go. Would a vegan egg replacer work (for example, a flax egg mixture)? The egg is just a binder, right?

August 11, 2022

Hi Helen, I have not tested that to advise. If you do an experiment, please share with us how it goes.

• Clara Duran
    August 11, 2022

This recipe is so moist. I added one cup of craisens too. The bread was gone in a flash. Thanks for the perfect easy recipe.

August 11, 2022

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Clara!

• Brenda kurth
    August 10, 2022

Best banana bread ever,
    I made it for first time and my partner LOVES it. He is toasting it with more banana and honey on it…delicious…loves it fresh as well..

August 10, 2022

That’s great feedback, Brenda. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Melissa Wanslee
    August 10, 2022

This recipe is the bomb! Made it 2 weeks ago for hubby who enjoyed eating slices of banana bread for 4 days with his coffee every morning. It’s moist, flavorful and so easy to make. Just got rid of a different banana bread recipe at my husband’s request – your recipe is the keeper!!!! THANK YOU!

August 10, 2022

Yay wonderful feedback, thank you for sharing that with us, Melissa!

• Crista
    August 9, 2022

The best banana bread recipe i turn it into muffins. I use imperial butter stick. They turn out wonderfully. Thank you for sharing this recipe.

August 10, 2022

You’re welcome, I’m happy to know that you loved it!

• Stacy
    August 9, 2022

Absolutely love this recipe, I’d rate it a 10/10! Most banana bread recipes are a little dry in my opinion, this one comes out perfect and moist every time! And it also stays that’s way for several days 🙂

Question: if I were to make banana bread muffins out of these, how long would I keep it in the oven?

August 9, 2022

Hi Stacy! I’m glad you loved this recipe. Be sure to check out my banana muffin recipe for instructions on this. 🙂

• Olga
    August 7, 2022

I left out raisins and put one extra banana (just because I didn’t want to waste it). I came out so moist and delicious. I cooked it for about 50 min on 350.
    I sprinkled it with powdered sugar on top / looked beautiful. Best banana bread recipe I’ve tried and simple too.

August 7, 2022

Lovely! I’m happy to know that you loved the result of this recipe, Olga.

• Heather Kingston
    August 7, 2022

I added chocolate chips and pecans to mine instead of raisins and walnuts. It was The Bomb.com!

August 7, 2022

Good to know that you loved the result!

• Connie Beith
    August 7, 2022

Can you send me your recipe for homemade vanilla flavouring? Thanks.

• Jannie Bailey
    August 7, 2022

I made the banana nut bread. I used banana flour instead of regular flour. I also used honey instead of sugar. The banana flour gave it a darker color but was really good.

August 7, 2022

Hello Jannie, thank you for sharing! Good to know that the substitutions that you used worked so well too!

• Amanda
    August 7, 2022

Awesome recipe, delicious turnout AND I adore that the measurements were included IN the recipe directions! This should be standard! It was so helpful to not have to go back and forth between the ingredients and the instructions! Thank you!

August 7, 2022

You’re welcome, Amanda! Good to hear that you loved and enjoyed it!

• how long to learn spanish from scratch
    August 6, 2022

Amazing information. I will highly recommend your blog to my students

August 7, 2022

Thank you! So glad you enjoy my recipes. 🙂

• vivian
        November 17, 2022

3bannanas is equal to how many cups or grams? i need to have an exact measurement for the banannas?

November 17, 2022

Hi Vivian, it is about 1 3/4 cups of mashed bananas.

• Kristal
    August 6, 2022

Great easy recipe. I left out the raisin and nuts and added cinnamon. It was delicious.

August 6, 2022

So glad you enjoyed it, Kristal! 🙂

• Sophie
    August 6, 2022

Thank you so much for this recipe! It’s super easy to follow for someone like me who’s making banana bread for the first time and it was super moist and delicious! However, I did encounter some problems when mixing in the bananas and eggs with the creamed butter and sugar. I think it was because I used thawed frozen bananas and they were still too cold to properly blend with the butter. Everything still turned out great in the end though, it didn’t affect the final product!

August 6, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Sophie! I’m so happy you enjoyed that!

• Janie Jackson
    August 4, 2022

Just made your banana bread please keep it going love everything you make

August 4, 2022

I’m so happy you loved it, Janie!

• Megan Maxwell
    August 3, 2022

Phenomenal the toasted walnuts make all the difference. Such a nostalgic and perfect loaf! Thank you this will be my forever banana bread recipe

August 3, 2022

That’s wonderful, Megan! So glad it was enjoyed. Thank you for the review.

• Taylor Shafer
    August 1, 2022

This is the worlds greatest banana bread recipe and is so easily tweaked. I always add an extra overripe banana and use vanilla bean paste in place of the vanilla extract. Instead of 3/4 cup sugar I do 1/4 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Last time I made this recipe I only had one egg, so in place of the second egg I used 1/4cup sour cream (Greek yogurt would work too). P.s. I use salted pecans in my banana bread.

So yummy and easy to follow.

Thanks for the wonderful recipe.

August 1, 2022

Excellent feedback, Taylor. Thank you for sharing with us! 🙂

• Mike Barnett
    August 1, 2022

You are a fantastic cook I love your attitude and the way you cook please don’t ever stop

August 1, 2022

Thank you, Mike. That is very kind. 🙂

• Athina
    July 30, 2022

This is an excellent recipe! I just tried it and rather than a loaf made banana cupcake/muffin shapes. Perfect – Thank you!

July 30, 2022

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it!

• Valentin
    July 30, 2022

Made this banana bread today and it turned out absolutely delicious. I only used a little less sugar, but other than that, stuck to the ingredients. This is definitely a keeper, and I thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe with the rest of us.

July 30, 2022

I’m so glad to hear this was a hit! THank you for your review, Valentin!

• Elva
    July 30, 2022

Literally the first time I’ve made this and it turned out great! Was so anxious to taste it I didn’t take a pic…lol. Thanks for a simple recipe! 😀👍

July 30, 2022

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us, Elva!

• Scena
    July 29, 2022

Delicious banana bread.
    Thank you for all your delicious recipes.

July 29, 2022

Thank you! 🙂

• Carol Smith
    July 28, 2022

Didn’t have walnuts so I used pecans. I used less raisins but added chopped dates too. I use 4 bananas but one was small the other 3 medium and it turned put delicious. Great recipe.

July 28, 2022

Nice to know that you loved the results, Carol. Thanks for the review!

• Mariana
    July 27, 2022

This was absolutely delicious thank you for sharing .

In the calories where it says per serving is that for the whole loaf or for a piece of it ?
    Just wondering how many cals in total

July 27, 2022

You’re welcome, Mariana. It is per serving, the whole recipe serves 10 so you just divide it to 10.

• Stacey
        August 4, 2022

Hi, does this mean that the entire loaf is 3500 calories? Thanks!

August 4, 2022

Hi Stacey, yes.

• Tammy Vance
    July 26, 2022

I have made this banana bread recipe over and over and it always turns out the same, very moist and delicious. I recently made 9 loaves at once to give out because of my abundance of bananas in the freezer and everyone loves it. I love the consistency.
    Tammy
    West Virginia

July 26, 2022

Hi Tammy! That’s wonderful. I’m so glad to hear that, thank you for sharing.

• Marium Raja
    July 26, 2022

Such a good recipe! The banana bread was moist and delicious. I omitted the raisins and reduced the sugar but it was still soo good. Thank you 😊

July 26, 2022

Thank you for your great comments and feedback!

• Lisa M
    July 25, 2022

I just made this today. It turned out very moist and sweet. I’ll be using it again for sure. My only adjustment was I used four bananas and added a dash of cinnamon.

July 26, 2022

Hi Lisa, good to know that you liked the recipe!

• Foo Foo Fluffy pants
    July 24, 2022

add half a cup of molasses to it and use brown sugar. Yummy!

• Bee
    July 24, 2022

My mum made wonderful banana bread and I’d misplaced the recipe long ago. This is every bit as delicious as I recall. Thank you Natasha!

July 24, 2022

You’re welcome, good to know that you liked our recipe!

• Iryna
    July 23, 2022

Hi Natasha. I would like to try the recipe, but can I substitute butter with oil to make it healthier and add less sugar? Thank you in advance.

July 23, 2022

Hi Iryna. One of my other readers commented that they successfully made this with less sugar.
      I know that there are many banana recipes that use butter instead of oil. I haven’t tested it in this recipe but feel free to experiment.

• Susan
        July 27, 2022

Your recipe uses butter. Iryna asked if she could use oil instead of butter. In most recipes for quick breads, oil may be substituted for butter at a 1:1 ratio. Hope this helps.

July 27, 2022

I haven’t tested that substitution but it should work. Here’s what one of our readers wrote “I made the same recipe but I just replaced the butter with the oil … It is very successful and delicious

• Marilyn Walsh
    July 23, 2022

Question can you use honey instead of sugar? How much? Love your program and recipes made several of them. Very yummy!

July 23, 2022

Hi Marilyn. That’s wonderful. So glad you enjoy my recipes. I have not tested this with honey to advise the outcome. If you experiment, please let us know how it turns out. 🙂

• Samantha
        August 9, 2022

I used honey in place on sugar, same amount, and it turned out great!

August 9, 2022

Thank you so much for sharing that with us, Samantha!

• Nurik
            September 27, 2022

I’ve tried so many recipies but this is the best one. Proved nd loved by my kids. Thanks for sharing.

September 27, 2022

You’re welcome and I am so glad to hear that!