Zucchini Bread Recipe
My mom’s yard is still mass producing zucchini and thanks to your input on facebook, we made zucchini bread. My husband is the banana bread making expert in our house. If you were keen on his banana bread recipe, this one is strikingly similar. It’s soft and moist.
I’m feeling peppy tonight and using super cool words like keen. I’m keen, you’re keen, we’re all keen around here. Maybe I’ve just eaten too much watermelon?… and it’s nearly midnight… and I work nights. Tra la la…
Ingredients for Zucchini Bread:
2 cups grated zucchini (1 large zucchini)
½ cup butter (1 stick) at room temperature
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups “better for bread” flour *measured correctly
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup cranberries
How to Make Zucchini Bread:
Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
1. Grate 2 cups of zucchini and use your hands to squeeze out extra juice over the sink. We measured 2 cups before it was squeezed.
2. In a mixing bowl of electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
3. Add 2 lightly beaten eggs and 2 cups of drained zucchini; combine well.
4. In a separate bowl, combine 1 ½ cups of flour, 1 ½ tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of baking soda ½ teaspoon salt and add to creamed mixture.
5. Next, add 1/2 cup dry cranberries (craisins) and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
6. Use oil to grease and flour a loaf pan, then pour in the zucchini mixture.
7. Bake for 65 minutes (test with a toothpick at 60 minutes. If it comes out clean, it’s done).
Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 2 cups grated zucchini 1 large zucchini
- ½ cup butter 1 stick at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups “better for bread” flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup cranberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Grate 2 cups of zucchini and squeeze out extra juice.
In a mixing bowl, cream together stick of butter and 1 cup of sugar, than add 2 lightly beaten eggs and 2 cups of zucchini; combine well.
In a separate bowl, combine 1 ½ cups of flour, 1 ½ tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of baking soda ½ teaspoon salt and add to creamed mixture.
Next, add 1/2 cup dry cranberries (craisins) and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
Pour zucchini mixture in the greased and floured loaf pan and bake for 65 minutes. Use a toothpick to check for doneness.
Serve warm or cold, refrigerate leftovers.