Egg Salad Recipe with the Best Dressing
Truly the best Egg Salad Recipe you are going to try with minimal ingredients and so quick to make. Hard-boiled eggs with celery, dill, seasoning and chives in a creamy garlic Dijon mayo dressing make up this classic egg salad. Add this to your Easter menu!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Hey, hey! Valentina with Valentina’s Corner sharing an Egg Salad Recipe.
Egg Salad Recipe:
This is the easiest egg salad recipe and the perfect way to use up leftover hard-boiled eggs. Eggs with herbs, celery and crisp onion in the creamiest dressing make for one amazing salad.
Egg salad can be served in so many different ways – as a side salad, on toast, etc (see more ideas below). Adding hard-boiled eggs is a great way to pack more protein into Potato Salad, or Salmon Cobb Salad. This classic salad is simple and just as satisfying, but so much faster to make!
What Goes Into an Egg Salad?
Though this is a simple recipe and uses basic ingredients of eggs, dill, chives, celery and onion in creamy garlic mayo, it tastes amazing. Here are suggestions for other ingredients to add to the salad for a fancier salad:
- Protein- such as bacon, chicken or shrimp.
- Veggies- tomatoes, cucumbers or carrots are great options.
- Avocado- can either be cubed and added to the salad or blended with the dressing.
TIP: If you will be adding other ingredients to the salad, prepare a larger portion of the dressing.
How to Make Egg Salad:
Making a salad doesn’t get easier than this homemade egg salad. Just be sure your eggs have cooled completely before preparing the salad or make them ahead and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Hard boil eggs on the stovetop or in the instant pot and cool. Once cooled, cut into desired pieces (we like ours chunky)
- Finely cube the celery and red onion (sweet onion may be substituted for red onion)
- Chop the chives (or green onions) and fresh dill
- Prepare homemade dressing
- Mix salad well to combine and enjoy!
Are Eggs Good for You?
Eggs are the least expensive high-quality protein. They are nutrient-dense and will keep you feeling good throughout the day. Egg yolks are rich in choline which is important for brain and liver health. Eggs also contain lutein which benefits eye health. They also have zero carbs and no sugar. Read more below on free-range egg nutrition.
The Best Dressing for Egg Salad-
The dressing in any salad can really make or break a recipe. This awesome creamy dressing adds so much flavor to the simple salad. Eggs never tasted so good!
- In a bowl, add the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, paprika, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix until the dressing is creamy and ingredients are well incorporated.
How to Serve Egg Salad-
Though the salad may be enjoyed as a side dish, it is rather versatile. Enjoy these other variations to serve Egg Salad:
- Egg Salad Sandwich- Serve the egg salad as a sandwich between bread slices, as an open-faced sandwich or even in stuffed in a wrap or pita.
- Avocado Egg Salad- Load the egg salad onto a halved avocado.
- Lettuce wrap- Add the egg salad to lettuce or Romaine and enjoy as lettuce wraps.
- Breakfast sandwich- Load salad onto toast for an easy breakfast sandwich, perfect.
Free Range Eggs Vs. Caged Eggs:
Pay attention to the packaging of the eggs you buy. According to our sources *(see below), free range hens may lay healthier eggs and more nutritious eggs which have:
- less cholesterol
- less saturated fat
- more Vitamin A
- more omega 3 fatty acids
- more vitamin E
- more beta-carotene
Free range eggs are also 98% less likely to carry salmonella since they are surrounded by better conditions, which is reason enough to buy free-range eggs.
More Egg Recipes to Try:
- Avocado Chicken Salad – our #1 Salad (for good reason!)
- Easter Egg Chicks – the cutest Easter appetizer
- Chicken Salad with Eggs – loaded chicken salad
- Tuna Sandwich – topped with eggs and avocado
- Breakfast Sandwiches – quick, easy, 1-pan breakfast
I can’t wait for you to try this easy Egg Salad Recipe. Once you try it, you are going to make it over and over again!
Egg Salad Recipe
The easiest Egg Salad Recipe. Hard-boiled eggs with chives, dill, celery and onion in the creamiest Dijon mayonnaise dressing.
For the Salad:
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 Tbsp celery finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp dill chopped
- 3 Tbsp chives chopped
For the Dressing:
Cook eggs and cool. Once cooled, peel and chop eggs (we like ours chunky) and place into a salad bowl.
Add finely chopped celery, red onion, dill and chives.
In a separate bowl, combine ingredients for the dressing. Gently stir dressing into the egg salad until coated and serve.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen