No Bake Cheesecake with Strawberries (VIDEO)
This No-Bake Cheesecake is an elegant, crowd-pleasing summer dessert. From the crust to the velvety whipped cheesecake center, this is 100% a NO-BAKE dessert.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Watch the No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe Video:
Watch Natasha make this Easy No-Cook Cheesecake Recipe. We love the decadence and texture of a Classic Cheesecake, but this no-bake cheesecake is equally dreamy and truly easy.
Mascarpone cheese elevates the flavor and texture of this easy no-bake cheesecake and it doesn’t get any easier! The double strawberry topping is lip-smacking good and you will want that strawberry sauce on all of your desserts.
The Story Behind This Famous Recipe:
On a trip to Maui, we visited a fancy restaurant named Monkey Pod. The food was awesome but the best thing was the slice of strawberry cream pie we shared at the end of our meal. It was tall, gorgeous, silky as can be, and $10 a slice! I probed the waitress about it (of course I did!) and she said they mixed mascarpone with whipped cream so I set out to experiment!
Their original cheesecake pie had a baked pie crust which I tested, but I couldn’t resist using this no-bake crust. It was crazy easy, just as good, and it makes this a true no-bake dessert. Most graham cracker crusts are pre-baked but the amount of butter here holds the crust together so baking is not necessary at all.
Ingredients for Easy No-Bake Cheesecake:
We tested these proportions over and over until we got the perfect no-bake cheesecake consistency. It is easy to slice, whipped, airy, rich, and decadent.
- The mascarpone is key here – it stabilizes the whipped cream and makes this cheesecake taste like… a $10 slice at a fancy restaurant!
- Make sure to use FRESH lemon juice. It cuts the sweetness and balances the cake.
- A 9″ springform pan works best for this recipe
The Best Cookies for a Crumb Crust:
A variety of sweet crunchy cookies can be used for a crumb crust and each will give a different flavor profile. We used graham crackers because we usually have them on hand, but these will all work:
- Graham Crackers
- Biscoff Cookies
- Vanilla Wafers
- Chocolate Oreo Cookies (cream removed)
Cookie Crushing Tip: To crush the crackers, put them into a zip bag, removing any excess air, and crush with a rolling pin. You can also pulse them in a food processor until fine crumbs form then follow instructions in the print-friendly recipe below.
How to Make No-Bake Cheesecake:
We love no-bake cheesecakes especially in summer when we don’t have to heat up the oven, but they are great year-round. The best part is, you can make them ahead and even freeze ahead.
- Crush crackers, combine with sugar and melted butter then press into a 9″ springform pan then chill.
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy whipping cream then fold in the mascarpone.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into mascarpone mixture then fold in lemon juice 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Spread the cheesecake filling over the crust. Cover and refrigerate until set.
Make Head Tip: This no-bake cheesecake (the crust, filling and syrup) can be made up to 3 days ahead which is perfect for entertaining.
Can you Freeze a No-Bake Cheesecake?
YES! This is a make-ahead dessert. We tested it and you can wrap with several layers of plastic wrap and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and it will taste just as good as fresh no-bake cheesecake and we even love it partially frozen because it tastes like an ice cream cake.
Cheesecake Topping Ideas:
A great topping is a great way to finish off a cheesecake and keep things exciting with new flavors. These are our go-to cheesecake toppings:
- Fresh Cherry Sauce – tastes like cherry pie filling
- Strawberry Sauce – we love this over pancakes too!
- Caramel Sauce – so easy to make with pantry staples
- Fresh Berries – we love adding seasonal berries
- Stone Fruit – slice up nectarines, plums, or apricots
Have you ever tried making a no-bake cheesecake? It’s so easy and good, it might just spoil you forever!
Cheesecake Recipes to Explore:
- Classic Cheesecake – Better than Cheesecake Factory!
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes with incredible strawberry sauce
- Pumpkin Cheesecake a show stopper with caramel sauce
- Mini Caramel Cheesecakes with homemade caramel sauce
No-Bake Cheesecake Recipe with Strawberries
From the crust to the velvety whipped filling, this is 100% a No-Bake Cheesecake. The mascarpone cheese elevates the flavor and texture of the cheesecake. It is an elegant, crowd pleasing summer dessert.
Ingredients for Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (from 12 whole crackers)
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter 1 stick
Ingredients for No Bake Cheesecake:
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream chilled
- 12 oz mascarpone cheese chilled
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 8 oz Fresh Thin-Sliced Strawberries
- 1 Strawberry Sauce Recipe strained and chilled
Make the Strawberry Sauce and strain through a sieve, pushing on the solids with a spatula to get as much syrup as possible. Set aside to cool to room temperature or cover and refrigerate if making ahead of time. Strained strawberry sauce will keep
How to Make No Bake Cheesecake:
In the bowl of a food processor, coarsely break up graham crackers then pulse into fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to bowl, add 1 Tbsp sugar and 8 Tbsp melted butter. Stir to evenly moisten crumbs then press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan going 1/2" up the sides. Freeze 15 minutes or refrigerate 30 minutes for crumbs to set.
In a large mixing bowl, combine 8 oz cream cheese and 2/3 cup granulated sugar. Beat on medium/high speed 3 minutes until fluffy and smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, using a clean electric hand mixer, beat 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form (3-5 minutes on high speed). Reduce speed to medium/low and beat in 12 oz mascarpone until well combined and smooth.
Use a spatula to fold cream cheese into whipped mascarpone mixture until well blended. Fold in 2 Tbsp lemon juice, adding 1 Tbsp at a time and folding until well incorporated.
Transfer cheesecake filling over the chilled crust and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight until completely chilled. Arrange sliced strawberries in rings over the top and brush the strained strawberry sauce over the top and serve extra strawberry sauce over each slice.
This no-bake cheesecake (the crust, filling and syrup) can be made up to 3 days ahead which is perfect for entertaining.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen