Home > Bread Recipes > Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

An easy and moist Banana Bread Recipe that is loaded with bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. This is one of our favorite overripe banana recipes with hundreds of 5-star reviews.

Banana Bread on a cutting board with walnuts, raisins and ripe bananas to make healthy banana bread

Banana Nut Bread Recipe:

This is my husband’s recipe which he has perfected over the years and he is known for his Banana Bread. He makes it frequently and it always disappears fast! It is simple to make and our favorite way to use up overripe bananas so they never go to waste. It’s super moist and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. We even created Banana Muffins from this recipe.

This loaf stays moist for days and also makes for a thoughtful and delicious gift idea for the holidays (I’ll take banana bread over fruit cake any day).

Banana Bread Video Tutorial:

Watch Natasha make this moist banana bread. You will be surprised at how easy it is. We will never stop loving this recipe. Now go forth and bake!

Ingredients for Banana Bread:

This is everything you need to make the best banana bread: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, softened butter, eggs and of course very ripe bananas. Adding walnuts and raisins is optional but adds great taste and texture, turning it into a banana nut bread.

Can I Omit Walnuts and Raisins?

YES! The recipe will still work if raisins and walnuts are omitted. We make it nut-free all the time due to a walnut allergy in the family. You will still have the softest, super moist and scrumptious loaf. You can also replace them with some chocolate to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.

Ingredients for Banana Bread with ripe bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, butter, walnuts and raisins

How to Ripen Bananas:

• Quick Oven Method: If your bananas are a little green and you want them to ripen quicker, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 250˚F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the initial ripeness of the bananas.
  • 24 Hour Counter Method: If you are willing to wait 1 day, you can place the bunch of bananas (without separating them) in a paper bag, cover and leave at room temperature. Bananas emit ethylene which causes ripening. Adding an apple to the bag will speed up the process.

Can I Freeze Overripe Bananas?

If you have overripe bananas and aren’t ready to bake with them, DO NOT throw them away!

How to Freeze Bananas: place them un-peeled in a freezer-safe bag, remove any excess air and freeze up to 3 months. You can use thawed bananas for banana bread. You can also freeze them peeled and cut into pieces for easier use in smoothies. P.S. You can also freeze a whole banana bread with the same method!

Slices of banana nut bread on a plate

How to Make Banana Bread:

This is the easiest banana bread recipe. We mix it in a stand mixer because it’s easy, but you can use an electric hand mixer and can even make it work with a hand whisk. There is no fancy equipment required. Watch the video tutorial below and you will be a pro in no time!

1. In the mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
  2. Mix in mashed bananas and eggs.
  3. Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda and add to batter.
  4. Stir in vanilla, walnuts, and raisins, transfer to prepared loaf pan and bake.

Substitutions for a Healthy Banana Bread:

• My sister Anna made this into a honey banana bread; replacing sugar with honey.
  • Use organic whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
  • Replace 1 Tbsp of flour with 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed.
  • Reduce sugar to 1/2 cup when using very ripe bananas; they add plenty of sweetness

Moist banana bread recipe sliced to show banana nut bread center

Love Sweet Breads? Try these Popular Bread Recipes:

We love sweetbreads because they are easy to make and are such a treat, especially when you top them with Honey Butter! Don’t miss these reader favorites:

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

Cook Time: 1 hour
Banana bread sliced on a cutting board

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. It is one of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas.

Keyword: banana bread, banana nut bread
Course: Breakfast, snack

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan (9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep). Lightly roast walnuts on a skillet, continuously stirring so they won’t burn. Coarsely chop and cool to room temperature.

2. In a mixing bowl, cream together 8 Tbsp softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar (or honey if using honey).

3. Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the batter along with 2 eggs, mixing until blended.

4. In a separate bowl, whisk together: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt then add to batter.

5. Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix in chopped walnuts and raisins. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let banana bread rest for 10 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

This banana bread recipe was first published in 2009; one of the very first recipes on our blog! It has been a reader and family favorite ever since.

Moist banana nut bread on kitchen towel

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy sweet raisins and toasted walnuts making it a banana nut bread. One of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas! This banana nut bread is super moist, easy and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. | natashaskitchen.com

• Louuse
    February 28, 2021

I have made this banan nut bread twice this week. The best our family has ever eaten. It’s moist and just the right amount of raisins, nuts and walnuts. I will be making this again,for sure. Thanks for sharing this with everyone.

February 28, 2021

That is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing that with us. I’m glad your family enjoyed it!

• Nadira
    February 25, 2021

Hello, love all your recipes, sometimes I have to find ways to modify as I’m type 2 diabetic person. Also I’m doing a modified version of keto, but I have a family of men, so gotta give a little. Anyways, I find my banana burns on the bottom, I’ve tried to lower the temp, also I put a ceramic bowl under loaf pan and it still comes out a little well done. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you so. Btw I use coconut cream on some of your recipes and it works really well.

February 25, 2021

Hi Nadira, it is normal for the edges to be a rich brown color with banana bread, but it should not be burned. A lighter color pan can help get a lighter color, but the flavor should still be the same. Also, make sure you are using the regular bake mode and not convection mode since you would have to modify the temp or time to achieve the same results. I hope that helps to troubleshoot.

• swati verma
        March 10, 2021

If baking on convection mode – what will be the temp and time?

March 10, 2021

Hi Swati, I can’t advise on using convection mode, but here is what one of our readers wrote: “This was delicious! I used the convection setting in my oven, and it baked for about 48 minutes. Very moist! QUESTION: I want to divide this recipe into two pans. What size loaf pan should I use? Love this channel.” I hope this is helpful.

• Dhjoana Dionela
    February 24, 2021

Thank you natasha for the recipe we enjoy the banana cake they love it.

February 24, 2021

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review!

• Aashi
    February 24, 2021

First time I baked banana walnut bread following your recipe.

It was so easy and everyone enjoyed it.

February 24, 2021

I’m glad you loved it! Thanks for sharing that with us.

• Sheila
    February 23, 2021

You make cooking and baking so simple and easy. I made this banana bread recipe and it’s a hit! My hard-to-please teenagers loved it! I won’t be wasting my ripe bananas from now on 🙂
    God bless and more power, Natasha!
    Sheila

February 23, 2021

Thank you for your kind words and good comments Sheila. I appreciate it! I’m glad your teens enjoy this recipe!

• Synthea
    February 21, 2021

Thank you for so many delicious enjoyable and easy.

February 21, 2021

You’re very welcome!

• Sue Flores
    February 21, 2021

I made this for the first time today. So good! I didn’t have raisins, so I substituted dried cranberries. My husband, and I loved it. Thanks for sharing. God Bless.
    Sue

February 21, 2021

I’m glad to hear that, Sue. Thank you for sharing!

• Fatma Djilani
    February 20, 2021

Super easy! Also so moist and yummy!!! Totally recommend the recipe! thanks!
    The only challenging part is that after 30min the top part is fully cooked but not the inside.

February 20, 2021

• Paulette Mudryk
    February 19, 2021

Thanks for all your amazing recipes. Love to watch your videos. You make baking/cooking so much fun.

February 19, 2021

Aww, that’s the best! Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Paulette. I’m all smiles

• Yen
    February 17, 2021

Thank for the supper easy recipe again. Your recipies save my life and time a lot. We can have good food and spare time for family activities. Best with love.

February 17, 2021

You are very welcome, Yen. I’m glad you and your family are enjoying my recipes!

• Lisa M Jensen
    February 17, 2021

Everyone loves this banana bread 😍 one issue – It takes over an hour to be fully baked inside, so the outside (not the top) is overdone 😟 My oven is the correct temperature – help 🙏 Thank you

February 17, 2021

Hi Lisa, consider if you are possibly using a different type of pan (glass?) or different size or shape?

• Kevin C Norton
      February 22, 2021

At 35 minutes quickly open oven and cover bread with foil that you have sprayed with non-stick spray finish baking.

• Robert
    February 17, 2021

I’ve cut the sugar by a third and added the zest and juice of half a lemon – best banana bread I’ve ever had! Thank you for this great recipe!

February 17, 2021

I’m very happy to hear that, Robert. Thank you!

• Tlong
    February 16, 2021

One of my favorite recipe

February 17, 2021

• Suzzy
    February 16, 2021

Hi Natasha! Excited to make this tonight. I wanted to ask, can I substitute the 1/2 cup of butter with 1/2 cup of vegetable oil? Thank you!

February 16, 2021

Hi Suzzy, I haven’t tested that substitution but it should work great. Here’s what one of our readers wrote “I made the same recipe but I just replaced the butter with the oil … It is very successful and delicious … Thank you Natasha …” I hope that helps.

• Emily
      February 18, 2021

if you havent done it already, make sure to google the conversion because 1/2 cup butter is different from 1/2 cup oil. sorry if you have already made the bread!

• Karla
    February 15, 2021

Made this banana bread today and it was such a hit and super easy. I’ve been looking for a moist banana bread recipe and I finally found it. I’m so happy. I wanted to add chocolate chips but figured since it was my first time making the recipe it was best to stick to the original. It turned out great. Saved it and I will be making this again. Thank you Natasha for this amazing recipe

February 16, 2021

You are very welcome, Karla. I’m glad you found and loved this recipe! I hope this is going to be one of your favorites.

• Sandy
    February 15, 2021

The first time I made this recipe I followed all of the ingredients exactly and it was delicious!
    The next time I used whole wheat flour and it was definitely not as moist. Do I need to add more bananas or raisins the next time I use whole wheat flour? Any other suggestions?

February 15, 2021

Glad you liked it, Sandy. I honestly haven’t tried using wheat flour to advise but others shared that they used wheat flour and liked the result too. It would probably be normal that it wouldn’t be as moist as the original recipe.

• Joyce
    February 14, 2021

I made this and also the chocolate chip banana bread – Love these two recipes and the fact that they’re such moist breads!!!
    Super thumbs up!!!!!

February 14, 2021

Perfect, thank you for sharing and for giving this recipe an awesome review. We appreciate it!

• Elsie
    February 13, 2021

Super yummy!!! I used brown sugar, added cinnamon and rum soaked raisins. Best ever. Thank you Natasha, love your recipes

February 13, 2021

That’s so great! Thank you, Elsie. I’m glad you enjoyed this recipe.

• Kathy
    February 12, 2021

The best banana bread I ever made. Thank you for all of your delicious recipes.

February 12, 2021

Wow! Thank you for that great review!

• Maxine Munda
    February 11, 2021

5 star.

February 12, 2021

Thank you for the 5 stars, Maxine!

• Maxine Munda
    February 11, 2021

Hello. I’m a very big fan of your cooking channel. Your recipes are very easy to make with ingredients readily available. Can I replace the walnuts with peanuts, as those are the ones readily available to me.

February 12, 2021

Thank you for your trust, Maxine. Yes, that should work too!

• Deborah wilson
    February 11, 2021

My husband and I love your banana bread I have made a lot of different recipes this is really good I use spelt flour replace sugar with maple syrup and leave nut out it’s yummy thanks for recipe I do try to save it and your site won’t let me other then that I’m enjoying your blog

February 11, 2021

Hi Deborah, thanks for your good review! I’m glad you’re enjoying my recipes. I hope you’ll love all the recipes that you will try.

• Maria
        March 13, 2021

Hi,
        Would like to know if I could make the banana bread with bread flour intead of All purpose. Thanks.

March 13, 2021

Hi Maria, I haven’t tasted that with bread flour but one of our readers mentioned making it with bread flour: “This is the best banana bread I’ve ever made! It’s so moist and full of flavor. I used bread flour, did not toast the walnuts, used salted butter, and threw in an extra 1/2 banana. Delicious! Thank you for the recipe!!”

• Rebekah
    February 10, 2021

Wow!! Usually I’m a terrible baker and I’m trying to learn how to bake nicely. I tried this recipe and I am soooo happy how it turned out. I even took it to a playgroup meeting with other mothers (who are verrrryyyy good bakers) and they commented how lovely the banana bread tasted. Will definitely be using this recipe again. Thanks so much!

February 11, 2021

Yay, that makes me so happy! Thank you so much for sharing your great feedback with us.

• Rosa Ana Quiroz
    February 9, 2021

Nathasha, thank you for sharing your recipes with us. I cooked several dishes and they are delicious. God bless you

February 9, 2021

You’re most welcome, Rosa. I’m happy that you’re enjoying my recipes! Bless you too.

• Beenu Angurala
    February 8, 2021

Hi, this bread seems yummy in tummy..
    But one thing, can we add yoghurt or buttermilk in this bread?

February 8, 2021

Hi Beenu, I haven’t tried that yet to advise. If you do an experiment, please share with us if you liked it!

• Cynthia Snyder
    February 6, 2021

Your Banana Bread is hands down, THE BEST!! yum was right! so good!!

February 6, 2021

Yay, love it! Thank you so much, Cynthia.

• Debbie Underwood
    February 6, 2021

I really enjoy your videos, keeps me entertained and happy to do more cooking!!! You are great…

February 6, 2021

You’re so nice! Thank you!

• Sylvia Dermer
    February 6, 2021

I loved this fantastic banana bread recipe. I have made 3 today. I have ended up reducing the sugar and substituting 1/2 cup of pie apple when I was short of bananas. I also used currants instead of sultanas.

February 6, 2021

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Holly
    February 5, 2021

I just made these gluten free and dairy free for my son. I used gluten-free flour and oat flour, with some flax eggs (because I didn’t have enough eggs) and with half honey and brown sugar and reduced the sugar. I also used coconut oil in place of butter. I also used sunflower seeds instead of walnuts to make them school friendly. I just took them out of the oven and they are perfect and delicious!!! Thank you for a great recipe to go off of!

February 5, 2021

You’re welcome, Holly. I’m so glad you’re enjoying this recipe. Thank you for sharing those substitutions with me.

• Nataliya Moubray
      February 11, 2021

What kind of gluten free flower did your use?

• Beatrice
    February 3, 2021

I so glad that I came across your blog. I’m not a wonderful cook. I don’t have a clue what seasoning I should use to make my meals tasty. Could you please help me with what seasoning goes well with what. Thank You.

February 4, 2021

Hi Beatrice, I hope you love every recipe that you will try! I don’t have a tutorial specifically just for seasoning but I recommend signing up to our newsletter if you haven’t yet, for more tips.

• Nayla
    February 3, 2021

Hello Natasha… I made the same recipe but I just replaced the butter with the oil … It is very successful and delicious … Thank you Natasha …
    Nayla from Lebanon

February 3, 2021

Thank you so much for sharing that with me, Nayla! I’m happy you enjoyed this recipe!

• Brigitte Anderson
    February 1, 2021

Hello
    Can I substitute brown sugar for white sugar? Does it improve or change the texture or taste?

February 1, 2021

I wouldn’t recommend skipping the brown sugar as it helps give color to the banana bread.

• Dee
        February 2, 2021

I don’t understand. The recipe calls for granulated ie white sugar.

February 2, 2021

Oops sorry, I was referring to another recipe! I haven’t personally tried that but I saw someone else commented and shared this “Ok, I totally Frankenstein’d your recipe but had amazing results! I substituted the 3/4 sugar for 1 cup dark brown sugar. I also added a dash of lemon extract, cinnamon, ginger,and nutmeg. Instead of making a loaf, I made 6 muffin baked for aprox 30 mins. i also tossed a bit of brown sugar on top before I baked” I hope that helps.

• Lu
        February 5, 2021

Doesn’t the brown sugar also help with keeping baked goods moist? I’ve never heard of brown sugar referred to as adding color to anything

February 5, 2021

Hi Lu, If you read further down, I was referring to a different recipe. Also, since brown sugar has molasses in it, it does give baked goods a different hue.

• Valentina
    January 31, 2021

I use this recipe all the time now… my kids just ask not to add any nuts or raisins. Sometimes I would add an extra egg and some baking powder, or just 2 bananas…just to see the difference. Great recipe overall.

January 31, 2021

Hi Valentina, I’m happy to know that this is now your go-to-recipe. Thanks for sharing and I hope that you and your family will love all the recipes that you will try.

• Mae
    January 31, 2021

Hi, tried the recipe yesterday and my husband love it. We all do. Thank you so much for the recipe. God bless.

January 31, 2021

Very nice! Thanks for your good feedback, Mae.

• Sylvia
    January 29, 2021

Love the receipes, keep them coming.. Can you do a receipe for Chicken Franchise

• Marisol Hernandez
    January 28, 2021

Can the same recipe be used for banana cake?

January 28, 2021

Banana cake is lighter, but feel free to use this recipe as a cake. If you do an experiment, please share with us how it goes.

• Peggy Sheets
    January 26, 2021

Hi have Banana Bread in oven ! Nuts and Raisins added ! Smells so good ! Hopefully it will look and taste as good as yours..love all your recipes and videos !

January 26, 2021

Sounds great! Please share with us how it goes. I hope you love it.

• Grace
    January 26, 2021

I made it and I love it!
    a big thanks for the moist banana bread recipe.

January 26, 2021

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it!

• charlie camilleri
    January 26, 2021

we love your coocking and your esipe from austrelia

January 26, 2021

Thank you! I’m glad to hear that, Charlie.

• Andrea Cormier
    January 25, 2021

Great recipe!
    I didn’t use the walnuts or raisins. I also used 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and I subbed 1/4 cup of brown sugar and then did 1/2 cup regular.
    So good and would do it again!

January 25, 2021

Thank you so much for sharing that with me.

• Jill Oliver
    January 25, 2021

Have you tried substituting the white sugar with Dark Brown sugar. I am wanting to make this soon. I always use brown sugar in my banana bread recipe. I find it takes the flavor to the next step. I even replace the sugar in my Butternut snowball cookies. Just can’t eat one. Everyone loves them. I am new to your website. I am hooked. Thank You

January 25, 2021

Hello Jill, I haven’t personally tried that but I saw someone else commented and shared this “Ok, I totally Frankenstein’d your recipe but had amazing results! I substituted the 3/4 sugar for 1 cup dark brown sugar. I also added a dash of lemon extract, cinnamon, ginger,and nut meg. Instead of making a loaf I made 6 muffin baked for aprox 30 mins.i also tossed a bit of brown sugar on top before I baked”

• Vida
    January 24, 2021

Love watching you cook all the time . You are sooo cute and always jolly.

January 25, 2021

Thank you for always watching my videos!

• Mike
    January 24, 2021

Hi there, if I add some honey to the recipe how much sugar should I remove?

January 24, 2021

Hi Mike, I haven’t tried that yet to advise of the measurements but others tried using just honey and liked it! But usually for baking, up to one cup, honey can be substituted for sugar in equal amounts.

• Cecilia Polly
    January 24, 2021

Ok, I have just double the recipe and added raisins to one of them. I will let everyone know how great they are, just can’t wait

January 24, 2021

Sounds good! We would love to know how it goes.

• Barbara
    January 24, 2021

Love watching your videos. If I dont have time to watch I at least read through your recipe .

January 24, 2021

Thank you for trusting my recipes, Barbara. I hope that you will love every recipe that you will try!

• Carole Malette
    January 24, 2021

My batter is also too liquidy not thick like yours. I hope it doesn’t affect my loaf and cooks properly. Maybe next time I could put just 2 bananas?

January 24, 2021

Hi Carole, that never happened to me before and that should not be the case if you followed the exact recipe. Was there anything that was changed?

• Mary Allor
    January 23, 2021

2nd time baking your bread.
    Can’t say my family enjoyed no one is here to share. Yeah me!
    Its in the oven and will post when done. Enjoy your videos.
    Perfect tutorial. Than you.

January 23, 2021

I’m glad the tutorial is helpful! I hope you love this recipe!

• Norma
    January 22, 2021

I would like to know if it makes a difference if you us salted butter rather than unsalted. I was told that you just omit the additional salt. Is this so as I only have salted butter in the house

January 22, 2021

Hi Norma, you could use salted butter and omit the salt in the recipe.

• Marianne
    January 20, 2021

Hi Natasha, I just made your banana bread and it is delicious!
    I follow you and love all your recipes! Thank you 🙂

January 20, 2021

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• AB
    January 18, 2021

My daughter tried this recipe yesterday and it came out looking and tasting amazing. We made no changes and it worked perfectly.

A definite ‘go to’ for banana bread

January 18, 2021

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review!

• Valerie Scott
    January 17, 2021

I love this. Thx for sharing. Easy, easy.

• Sabrina
    January 17, 2021

Hi Natasha! I just made this banana bread and it tastes amazing😋 I did notice that my batter wasn’t as thick as it was in your video so the bread was a little more moist than it was supposed to be, what should I do to make the batter thicker? :)) anyway it was so easy to make and I’ll definitely bake them again soon!❤️

January 18, 2021

Hi Sabrina, it’s hard to say without being there. I’m wondering if you used more bananas than the recipe called for?

• Sabrina
        January 24, 2021

Hi Natasha! I’ve made this the second time and it turned out perfect :)) I’m guessing I overmashed the bananas the first time so there’s more liquid which made the batter runny

January 24, 2021

Hello Sabrina, so great to hear that you loved it!

• Donna wawro
    January 16, 2021

My supper stet and I love your recipes and how you present each of your videos. You are so beautiful and each recipe we have tried is a hit with our family. Looking forward to watching more of your videos. Donna Wawro

January 16, 2021

Hi Donna, thank you so much for your thoughtful comment. I hope you love this banana bread and every recipe you try.

• Susie Thompson
    January 16, 2021

I’ve been experimenting with both savory and sweet dishes with my special Moroccan spice blend and it worked wonderfully with this moist banana bread recipe. I did use pecans because that is what I had on hand. I also included some almond meal for a little nuttier taste. Delicious!

January 16, 2021

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Wendy Lucka
      January 24, 2021

I can see where a Moroccan spice blend would blend well with a banana bread like this.

• Lisa M Jensen
    January 16, 2021

Oh my goodness 😮 The best banana bread ever. I’ve been making banana bread forever, but it has always been too dense and dry, not this recipe. This recipe is the only one I’ll use from now on 😄

January 16, 2021

It sounds like you have a new favorite! I’m so glad you discovered our blog and this recipe, Lisa!

• Suzanne Guimond
    January 16, 2021

Do you think this recipe would freeze well? I would love to bake and freeze it after so it saves me time. With 2 young toddlers, a school aged child, I don’t have a lot of time.

Much love from NB, Canada

January 16, 2021

Hi Suzanne, Banana Bread freezes wonderfully and still tastes great. My husband uses Food Saver bags and seals them before putting in the freezer. But freezer friendly zip lock bag would work as well.

• Karen
    January 14, 2021

Hi I wanted to make this gluten free. Can you substitute the flour for (gluten free flour from Trader Joes or Almond flour?
    thanks
    Karen

January 14, 2021

Hi Karen, one of our readers wrote:“I used Pamela’s gluten free all-purpose flour, replacing 1 tbsp of flour with ground flax. I replaced the sugar with coconut sugar and reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup, since I used overripe bananas. I divided the batter between two 4×8 loaf pans and baked for about 50 minutes. Forgot to toast the walnuts but it still came out amazing! The texture was super soft, no one could tell it was gluten free! I know we’ll be making this banana bread for years to come.”

• JP
    January 14, 2021

This is my 2nd time making your banana bread. It’s in the oven now. Mmmm! Mmmm!
    All your recipes are terrific and delish!

January 14, 2021

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review!

• Jocelyn
    January 14, 2021

Thank you SO much for this recipe!! I just made it for the second time and CANNOT wait to dive in:p So delicious!!

January 14, 2021

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• A&M
    January 14, 2021

My BF and I ate the whole thing silently!! (-:

January 14, 2021

I’m so happy to hear that! That’s pretty funny – it was so good that it went down silently – ha!

• Eva
    January 12, 2021

Turned out great

• Antonia
    January 12, 2021

I love your recipes. The banana bread is so good. Thank’s for sharing.

January 12, 2021

My pleasure, Antonia. Thank you for your great comments and feedback!

• Elinor
    January 12, 2021

I made this banana bread recipe last night, I just used cinnamon and no walnuts or raisins because my uncle has a nut allergy (we didn’t have raisins either). It plopped perfectly out of the pan baked at exactly 350° for 55 mins. I’ve never cut such a perfect loaf of banana bread that I’ve made. It’s so firm but so moist. I stored it in Tupperware and it’s even better this morning since it’s been in them over night. 10/10 thank you so much for sharing this recipe.

January 12, 2021

That is fantastic! I’m so glad to hear that you were able to make the perfect banana bread. Good job and thanks for giving this recipe a try!

• Del Davies
    January 12, 2021

Sounds scrumptious Natasha.
    Will be making this week….a.s.a the bananas are ripe enough.
    Baking has kept me sane over lockdown.
    Stay safe and well.

January 12, 2021

Sounds like a great plan, Del. Enjoy and stay safe too.

• Andria Gage
    January 11, 2021

Hi Natasha, I am wondering how I could cut the recipe using only 2 bananas I have that are very ripe and ready. What do you recommend? Also,I love your recipes! Thanks!

January 11, 2021

Hi Andria, you can use the recipe serving size slider to adjust the recipe or add apple sauce to supplement the difference – per our reader comments.

• Shilpa Gupta
    January 9, 2021

Love your recipes, I was wondering if there is a substitute for eggs in your recipes. we have some food restrictions.

January 10, 2021

Hi Shilpa, thank you and I’m glad to hear that. Unfortunately, I don’t have any substitute for eggs in my recipes. I think you can find some recommendations online but I have not tested them yet to advise.

• Jenna
    January 9, 2021

This is the ultimate banana bread recipe. It came out so delicious, moist and flavorful. I ran out of vanilla extract, so I made mine without. But it still tasted amazing. Will be making this for our neighbors next!

January 9, 2021

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite!

• Aakriti kashyap
    January 9, 2021

Nyc!! It was good and looks too yummy 😋

January 9, 2021

• Leo
    January 7, 2021

Yummmy recipe …my favorite ..perhaps a banana pudding recipe another favorite.

January 7, 2021

I’m so happy to hear that! Thank you for sharing your great review!

• Angelina
        January 8, 2021

it is really good but instead of the walnuts and raisins i added chocolate in it it was really good!

January 9, 2021

Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Shirley
        January 11, 2021

How many cups of banana should I aim for? I used 6 small/medium bananas, baked in a glass loaf pan, and unfortunately it came out a little dry. I wonder if I didn’t use enough banana. Also, is it possible that beating the eggs too long or over mixing the batter might have affected the overcome? Will definitely give this another try. I’m sure it was something on my end as I’ve enjoyed preparing your other recipes without issue 🙂 Thanks!

January 12, 2021

Hi Shirley, it’s usually about 2 cups of mashed banana. Make sure not to over-bake which could cause the issue. You might test with a toothpick and take it out a littler earlier for a moister bread. Glass can bake faster than a metal pan.

• Jaime
    January 5, 2021

First time using one of your recipes. And wow… amazing. The banana nut bread was so moist, flavorful, and great. I had to use a little more flour to get the consistency in your video and cook a little longer (probably since I used a glass bakeware) but it was still awesome. I can’t wait to try your other recipes. Thank you.

January 5, 2021

I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe, Jaime. I hope you’ll love every recipe that you try from my website and videos!

• Ahlam Bagdadi
    January 3, 2021

I made this recipe, and it was so delicious though I mistakingly added 1 tbsp of bicarbonate soda instead of 1 tsp 😔.
    Thank you for sharing it.

January 4, 2021

You’re welcome Ahlam! I hope you give it a try again soon!

• Sherri
    January 2, 2021

I made the bread and it is wonderful!

• Leslie
    January 2, 2021

nevermind I found the recipe in the introductory text. Turned out great! Thanks

January 2, 2021

No problem, I’m glad you found that.

• Rachelle
    January 2, 2021

My banana cake had a big crack on top… BUT tasted awesome…Thanks for the recipe!

January 2, 2021

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Rachelle!

• Rachelle
        January 2, 2021

Totally unrelated to banana bread….do you have a paella recipe?

January 3, 2021

Hi Rachelle, we don’t have one yet but thank you for the suggestion!

• Leslie Schelp
    January 2, 2021

Can I make this into muffin pans. We are retired and we like small portions to eat and freeze.

January 2, 2021

Hi Leslie, I haven’t tried making this exact recipe in muffin form yet. You can try our spin on banana bread in muffin form HERE as a guide. I hope this helps