Home > Bread Recipes > Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

An easy and moist Banana Bread Recipe that is loaded with bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. This is one of our favorite overripe banana recipes with hundreds of 5-star reviews.

Banana Bread on a cutting board with walnuts, raisins and ripe bananas to make healthy banana bread

Banana Nut Bread Recipe:

This is my husband’s recipe which he has perfected over the years and he is known for his Banana Bread. He makes it frequently and it always disappears fast! It is simple to make and our favorite way to use up overripe bananas so they never go to waste. It’s super moist and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. We even created Banana Muffins from this recipe.

This loaf stays moist for days and also makes for a thoughtful and delicious gift idea for the holidays (I’ll take banana bread over fruit cake any day).

Banana Bread Video Tutorial:

Watch Natasha make this moist banana bread. You will be surprised at how easy it is. We will never stop loving this recipe. Now go forth and bake!

Ingredients for Banana Bread:

This is everything you need to make the best banana bread: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, softened butter, eggs and of course very ripe bananas. Adding walnuts and raisins is optional but adds great taste and texture, turning it into a banana nut bread.

Can I Omit Walnuts and Raisins?

YES! The recipe will still work if raisins and walnuts are omitted. We make it nut-free all the time due to a walnut allergy in the family. You will still have the softest, super moist and scrumptious loaf. You can also replace them with some chocolate to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.

Ingredients for Banana Bread with ripe bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, butter, walnuts and raisins

How to Ripen Bananas:

• Quick Oven Method: If your bananas are a little green and you want them to ripen quicker, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 250˚F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the initial ripeness of the bananas.
  • 24 Hour Counter Method: If you are willing to wait 1 day, you can place the bunch of bananas (without separating them) in a paper bag, cover and leave at room temperature. Bananas emit ethylene which causes ripening. Adding an apple to the bag will speed up the process.

Can I Freeze Overripe Bananas?

If you have overripe bananas and aren’t ready to bake with them, DO NOT throw them away!

How to Freeze Bananas: place them un-peeled in a freezer-safe bag, remove any excess air and freeze up to 3 months. You can use thawed bananas for banana bread. You can also freeze them peeled and cut into pieces for easier use in smoothies. P.S. You can also freeze a whole banana bread with the same method!

Slices of banana nut bread on a plate

How to Make Banana Bread:

This is the easiest banana bread recipe. We mix it in a stand mixer because it’s easy, but you can use an electric hand mixer and can even make it work with a hand whisk. There is no fancy equipment required. Watch the video tutorial below and you will be a pro in no time!

1. In the mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
  2. Mix in mashed bananas and eggs.
  3. Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda and add to batter.
  4. Stir in vanilla, walnuts, and raisins, transfer to prepared loaf pan and bake.

Substitutions for a Healthy Banana Bread:

• My sister Anna made this into a honey banana bread; replacing sugar with honey.
  • Use organic whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
  • Replace 1 Tbsp of flour with 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed.
  • Reduce sugar to 1/2 cup when using very ripe bananas; they add plenty of sweetness

Moist banana bread recipe sliced to show banana nut bread center

Love Sweet Breads? Try these Popular Bread Recipes:

We love sweetbreads because they are easy to make and are such a treat, especially when you top them with Honey Butter! Don’t miss these reader favorites:

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

Cook Time: 1 hour
Banana bread sliced on a cutting board

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. It is one of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas.

Keyword: banana bread, banana nut bread
Course: Breakfast, snack

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan (9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep). Lightly roast walnuts on a skillet, continuously stirring so they won’t burn. Coarsely chop and cool to room temperature.

2. In a mixing bowl, cream together 8 Tbsp softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar (or honey if using honey).

3. Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the batter along with 2 eggs, mixing until blended.

4. In a separate bowl, whisk together: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt then add to batter.

5. Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix in chopped walnuts and raisins. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let banana bread rest for 10 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

This banana bread recipe was first published in 2009; one of the very first recipes on our blog! It has been a reader and family favorite ever since.

Moist banana nut bread on kitchen towel

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy sweet raisins and toasted walnuts making it a banana nut bread. One of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas! This banana nut bread is super moist, easy and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. | natashaskitchen.com

• winda puwisaci
    January 2, 2021

Hai natasha..
    I am from indonesia❤
    Thank’s for your recipe, i like it and i hope i can make it😊

January 2, 2021

I hope you love this recipe Winda!

• Ida
    January 1, 2021

Another great recipe from you, thank you 🙂 I added 2 tbsp sour cream and I subtituted raisins for chocolat chips also I cut down the sugar (I used only 1/2 cup). Taste awsome!!

January 1, 2021

Thank you so much for sharing that with me.

• Theresa
    January 1, 2021

Banana bread it was is delicious

January 1, 2021

I’m happy you enjoyed that, Theresa!

• Cheryl
    January 1, 2021

Just baked this today and it’s super delicious. Your recipes are always a hit with my family!

BTW, this banana bread taste like cake. What’s the difference?

• Cheryl
    January 1, 2021

Hi Natasha! Baked this for the 1st day of 2021 and it’s the best banana bread I’ve ever eaten. It’s super soft and moist and most importantly it’s so easy to bake. Highly recommend to those who would like to bake banana bread!

• Ange
    December 31, 2020

The last thing I made in 2020, the first thing my family ate in 2021 was your banana bread recipe. They loved it. It is moist. Loved that it only made one loaf. I didn’t have enough bananas to make a recipe for two loaves.

January 1, 2021

Wow, that makes me happy! Thank you and I hope you and your family will love every recipe that you will try.

• Liliya
    December 29, 2020

Just made the Banana bread!!!!
    Absolutely delicious!

December 29, 2020

I’m glad you liked it. Thanks for sharing!

• Donna
    December 28, 2020

I’m making this tomorrow. My question is I only have 2 very ripe medium size bananas . Should I add any applesauce to make up the difference if so how much? This recipe looks awesome

December 29, 2020

Hi Donna, one of our readers reported doing that and wrote: ” I only had 2 ripe bananas on hand, so I added 1/2 a cup of applesauce.” I hope that helps.

• Grace
    December 28, 2020

It’s my first time to bake. This recipe made me feel like a great baker already. Hahaha

December 28, 2020

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review!

• Niusha
    December 27, 2020

Made this banana bread several times, and It is one of the best. It is so easy and delicious. I added cinnamon and chocolate chips and omitted the walnut and raisin. Thank you for the recipe Natasha

December 27, 2020

You’re most welcome and sounds wonderful! Thank you for your great comments and feedback, Niusha.

• R Lebel
    December 27, 2020

easy to follow, I am about to insert in it the Oven, finger cross, I substitute maple sirup for the sugar

December 27, 2020

I hope you love it!

• Heidi Johnson
    December 27, 2020

I just made a double batch of this and it is, by far, the BEST banana bread recipe I’ve ever made! Moist on the inside with a beautiful golden brown crust! I don’t normally leave reviews but I had to for this recipe!

December 27, 2020

That is so awesome! Thank you so much for sharing that with us, Heidi!

• Silvie
    December 27, 2020

Excellent and easy recipe, love the walnut crunch and moisture of the loaf! Thank you for sharing! Real keeper recipe xx

December 27, 2020

Thanks for your wonderful review, Silvie and you are so welcome.

• Brian
    December 27, 2020

Made this recipe (minus the raisins) and it turned out P.E.R.F.E.C.T.!! This is definitely going to be added to my regulars… Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

December 27, 2020

Hello Brian, so awesome! Thanks for sharing that with us, I’m so glad you loved this recipe.

• Dz
    December 24, 2020

This was so easy and delicious! Moist and just all around fantastic. Thank you for your wonderful recipes. I double the batch, made two and gave one to my neighbor for Christmas.

December 24, 2020

You’re welcome, Dz. I’m glad you enjoyed this recipe!

• Steve Winton
    December 24, 2020

Hi Natasha….the altitude where my wife and I live is 6800 ft. Do we need to change or add anything to your recipe?

December 24, 2020

Hi Steve, You might google to see what modifications need to be made for your altitude. I hope that helps.

• Mou
    December 23, 2020

Made it many times, shared with colleagues in the office and they all liked it…Thanks

December 24, 2020

I’m so glad you all enjoyed it!

• Rocio
    December 22, 2020

So if I eat the entire bread, is that over 3000 calories? Just double checking before I pack on too much during the holidays.

December 22, 2020

Hi Rocio that is correct. Your comment made me laugh. You should avoid eating the entire bread.

• Jamilah
    December 21, 2020

Hi. Well I really enjoyed making this and it was easy to follow with your instructions. I just felt it turned out really too moist and maybe a bit gooey. Even though the taste was great and my family loved it. I’m thinking maybe I mixed it too much before transferring to baking tray..?

December 21, 2020

Hi Jamilah, this post on measuring may help your ingredient measurements. If you’re scooping your ingredient incorrectly that may be the culprit.

• Tina
    December 20, 2020

Made banana bread this morning and it came out delicious. Thank you for easy and great recipes.

December 20, 2020

So lovely to her that, Tina. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Judy in Lubbock
    December 20, 2020

I made this recipe last night. It was absolutely the best recipe I have ever found for Banana Nut Bread. Had a great shape and my husband agreed it was the best ever! Thanks and Merry Christmas!

December 20, 2020

That is so nice to know, thank you so much for your wonderful comments and feedback!

• AL
    December 18, 2020

DElish!
    I had very small bananas so I used 5. Added 1/2 t cinnamon. Omitted raisins. Baked for 64 minutes. Perrrrfect.

December 18, 2020

Awesome, thanks for your awesome feedback, Al!

• Dan
    December 17, 2020

Natasha, I have tried several recipes and nothing compares with my exwifes recipe. However yours is the closes

December 17, 2020

I’m sure her recipe is awesome too!

• Silvia
    December 17, 2020

Natasha, can I use salted butter? I have three packages of salted butter but no unsalted. ☹ if so how much should I cut back on the salt? Thanks

December 17, 2020

Hi Silvia, you could use salted butter and omit the salt in the recipe.

• Linda
    December 15, 2020

Hello,
    Made this banana bread today. It was delicious and very moist my family loved it. I did substitute honey for the sugar and loved it. Never tried substituting with honey. I liked the flavour it added. Thank you to you and your sister Anna.😋😊

December 15, 2020

You’re welcome, Linda! I’m glad that worked out for you! Thank you for sharing that with me!

• Kelly
    December 13, 2020

I followed this recipe to a tee-minus raisins, and followed along to the video..it rose high in the center, cracked widely and wouldn’t set. I cooked it 65 minutes to get the center to set, but it didn’t and the rest is nearly burnt. Not sure how this could happen as I followed you step by step via video and recipe? I do not live in a high climate and I have a newer model stove? Also all of my ingredients were brand new except the 4 day old bananas

December 14, 2020

Hi Kelly, do you live in a high altitude area? You might google to see what modifications need to be made for your altitude. I hope that helps.

• Judith Ritter
      December 15, 2020

Sounds like what happens when I use a ceramic loaf pan. I threw mine out. Pretty, but worthless.

• Jay
      December 28, 2020

Hey Kelly, I just made the banana bread and I had some pretty big cracks starting to form around 40 minutes. As soon as it was nice and brown, maybe another 5 mins I covered it with tin foil for the remaining 15-20 minutes and it came out just perfect. I also cooked it on a layer of parchment paper which may have helped with the heat level. I also have a newish stove and I live in normal altitude and it set just fine for me. I should add, I did not use raisins, I used 1/4th a cup of brown sugar sub white and I added 1 tbsp of sour cream to mine in a wilton large loaf pan. Hope some of this might help!

• Cheryl
    December 13, 2020

Hi Natasha. Can I half the recipe? Do I still follow the same time and temperature?

December 13, 2020

Hi Cheryl, I imagine that should work.

• Jas
    December 12, 2020

Can this recipe be doubled? Always enjoy your videos. Thank you.
    jas

December 12, 2020

Hi Jas, I hope you love this recipe! If you doubled it into one pan then it may require more bake time.

• Caroline
    December 12, 2020

Made your lovely banana loaf yesterday and it turned out beautifully. Hubby loves it so looks like this is going to be a regular bake. Thank you!

December 12, 2020

I’m so happy to hear that! Thank you for sharing your great review, Caroline!

• Shery
    December 9, 2020

I made the Banana bread ,I had to use gluten free flour (one to one flour ) it hasn’t rised enough. I have this problem with all the cakes ! Any tips ?
    Thanks ! Loveeee your recipes.

December 9, 2020

Hi Shery, someone shared this “I used Pamela’s gluten free all-purpose flour, replacing 1 tbsp of flour with ground flax. I replaced the sugar with coconut sugar and reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup, since I used overripe bananas. I divided the batter between two 4×8 loaf pans and baked for about 50 minutes. Forgot to toast the walnuts but it still came out amazing!

The texture was super soft, no one could tell it was gluten free! I know we’ll be making this banana bread for years to come.”

• Nilsa
    December 9, 2020

I love banana bread & especially with anything crunchy in 😁 Thank you for your recipe I really enjoyed making it my self. I added dried cranberries instead of raisins it was delicious 😋 Thank you again for your recipe!!!

December 9, 2020

You’re welcome, Nilsa! I’m so glad you enjoeyd this recipe!

• YESENIA VARELA
    December 8, 2020

The best banana recipe ever! Super easy and a hit in every family gathering! Thanks Natasha.
    I love to add a hint of cinnamon for a special umf 🙂

December 8, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m glad you enjoyed it, Yesenia!

• LINDA A PUMNEO
    December 7, 2020

Hi, I added dried cranberries instead of the raisins. Baked in 3 mini-pans for gift giving.

December 8, 2020

Sounds good, Linda. I hope you loved it!

• Michael Krajnik
    December 7, 2020

I have to watch my carbs like most of your recipes they don’t have a serving size 🙁

December 7, 2020

Hi Michael, when at the recipe, click on Jump to recipe and you will see the nutrition info in the recipe card. Our new recipes have that already.

• Katie
      December 9, 2020

It does say on top that it feeds 10. So 1/10 would be the serving size.

• CAROL KOLLER
    December 7, 2020

I freeze my peeled overripe bananas in a ziplock baggie. I freeze three to a bag, mashing them as I put them in the bag with my fingers, since that’s what the recipe calls for. Very easy to stack flat in the freezer and ready to defrost when I’m ready to bake.

December 7, 2020

Thank you for sharing that tip with us!

• Irene Politakis
    December 5, 2020

I make it all the time! Never fails! Right now, I have two loaves in the oven. Today I added both walnuts and raisins. Can’t wait! A useful tip, when your bananas start getting brown, peel them and freeze them in ziplock bags. They will be ready for your banana bread craving in a jiffy!

December 5, 2020

Thank you for sharing that tip with us, Irene.

• Katya
    December 4, 2020

First time making it and its delicious!

December 4, 2020

I’m so happy you enjoyed it!

• Rita Plotko
    December 1, 2020

I give 5 STARS !!!!

December 1, 2020

Thank you for that wonderful review, Rita!

• Rita Plotko
    December 1, 2020

Hello Natasha, I am Rita Yesterday I tried a banana bread I change a little your recipe instead sugar 3/4 I just put 2 tablespoon because banana is sweet and instead of raisins I put a cranberry It’s was SOOO Yummy , thank you its very easy recipes and I love it!!! You are The Best!!!

December 1, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Rita!

• Juhi Dhingra
    December 1, 2020

It was my best banana bread ever 😊 thanks a lot for this recipe

December 1, 2020

You’re welcome Juhi! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

• Doli Padaruth
    November 29, 2020

Made this yesterday. I added a variety of nuts and coconut flakes. I used 1/2 cup of sugar and used some oil too but cut down a little on butter.Just love it. Turned out to be soft ,moist, light with a crunch. So good. Thanks for sharing the recipe

November 30, 2020

You are most welcome, Doli. Thank you so much for sharing that with us!

• Cory
    November 28, 2020

Natasha, this was the moistest banana bread ever. I used 4 bananas and added (2) tsp of Banana Extract along with extra crushed walnuts.

I also used a popover pan to make muffins instead of a loaf and they were incredible.

This is the best ever for super moist banana bread

Thanks again for sharing

November 28, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for the wonderful review!

• Yen
    November 27, 2020

Thank you Natasha for this wonderful recipe! I made some adjustments: replaced 10g of flour with cacao powder, used 100g of sugar instead of full 150g as the recipe calls for, added raisins only (as I don’t have any walnuts), and used round mold instead of bread pan. And I baked with airfryer (155°C in 60 minutes), and the final result: the bread is super tasty and moist! Absolutely the BEST banana bread I’ve made! Thank you again for sharing this recipe.

November 27, 2020

Yay, that is so fantastic! Thank you too for sharing the adjustments that you’ve done for this recipe. So helpful!

• JenSia
    November 25, 2020

Hi Natashas,
    I have baked this 2X and it was perfect!!

Any changes to taste and texture if I split this into small loafs?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving…

November 25, 2020

I bet this could work as mini loaves! I do recommend watching your bake time closely, as it will require less time for smaller loaves.

• Cathy
    November 24, 2020

The recipe I use for banana bread has sour cream in it. People would tell me it was the best one they ever had.

• Leigh
    November 22, 2020

Just made this and it was delicious! I used the whole wheat flour and added a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Sooo good!

November 22, 2020

Sounds awesome, Leigh. Thank you and I’m glad you loved it!

• Sylvia Dagama
    November 20, 2020

This banana recipe is a keeper. I over cooked it but still super moist

November 20, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Sylvia!

• SUSAN TRACY
    November 14, 2020

YUM YUM. Made this today. Delicious, & hubby approved :). Made pretty much as written except I left out the nuts, used 1/2c white sugar, 1/4 C brown sugar, and put Pumpkin Pie spice (generous 1/2 tsp) & about 1/4 tsp of ground ginger into the flour mixture. Had 2 very rip bananas & lol, I have no idea how many bananas were in my bag of frozen bananas (prob 1 1/2 or 2). Thawed those & drained & proceeded as the recipe said. I put batter into 2 foil mini loaf pans for 50 on recipe (the last 15 mins I laid foil over top as it was very brown but not done in middle yet. Will make again. Very moist & got nice and brown and very tasty. TY

November 15, 2020

Glad you loved this recipe, Susan, Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

• sue Orlowski
    November 14, 2020

I just to let me know that I just took it out and we cut it when it cooled I cut us a slice (we could hardly wait. My Husband said that a keeper.Thanks do some wonderful recipes.
    I

November 14, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Sue!

• Tracy McGrath
    November 14, 2020

Has anyone tried making this with almond flour?

November 14, 2020

Hi Tracy, I haven’t tried this with almond flour yet, but it might work. It doesn’t look like anyone else commenting tried it. If you experiment, please let me know how you like it.

• Christina Katsikas
        November 22, 2020

I used about a quarter cup of almond flour and 1 and a quarter cup regular all purpose flour. It was very good.

• Ella
    November 11, 2020

Hi Natasha! 🙂 Can I add some rum to this? How much will be appropriate? Thank you!

November 11, 2020

Hello Ella, I haven’t tried that yet to advise. If you will do an experiment, please share with us how it goes.

• Amie R
    November 10, 2020

Thank you for the recipe! I goofed it up a bit but it came out delicious! I had 2 1/2 very ripe bananas (1/2 was gross so threw it away), I mixed the bananas with the butter and the eggs, it didn’t want to blend so I beat it with my hand mixer. Then beat the dry ingredients with the wet until very well blended, then hand mixed in the crushed walnuts. Couldn’t find my loaf pan so I used a round cake pan. Sprinkled more crushed walnuts on top and a tablespoon of sugar. Baked at 350, checked it at 35 min, it was done! Perfect and so yummy! I guess it baked faster because it had less bananas?

November 11, 2020

Yes could be it. Thanks for sharing your experience making this recipe, Amie. I am happy that you enjoyed it!

• Diem
    November 10, 2020

Everyone touts their recipe as “the best”…however, this one is the best I’ve tried so far. It’s easy and delicious and has definitely moist! I did have to do some alterations due to 1) I have a severe allergy to casein – which is the protein in dairy, so I cannot use butter/cream/milk/etc. 2) I had 3 very ripe bananas ready to go into bread until our 17 year old ate one! Who knew he liked more ripe bananas? haha! So, my slight alterations are as follows: in lieu of butter, I used coconut oil; because I was short a banana, I used half of a ripe avocado I happened to have on hand from yesterday. I also ommitted the raisins as the 17 yr old hates raisins. Since I used avocado, I decided to add 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Normally, I like to test recipes just as they are written – but even with my slight alterations, this recipe is hands down the best I’ve tried! I will definitely use this as go-to, and considering half the bread is already gone, I may need to make another one before the weekend! Thank you for an excellent recipe!

November 11, 2020

Hello Diem, thank you so much for your kind words and awesome feedback. We appreciate it and I hope you will love all the recipe that you will try.

November 11, 2020

Hello Diem, thank you so much for your kind words and awesome feedback. We appreciate it and I hope you will love all the recipes that you will try.

• Gertrude Cramp
    November 9, 2020

Ok, I totally Frankenstein’d your recipe but had amazing results! I substituted the 3/4 sugar for 1 cup dark brown sugar. I also added a dash of lemon extract, cinnamon, ginger,and nut meg. Instead of making a loaf I made 6 muffin baked for aprox 30 mins.i also tossed a bit of brown sugar on top before I baked

November 10, 2020

I’m happy you enjoyed that! Thank you.

• Shingie Samupindi
    November 9, 2020

Now my go to banana loaf recipe. Sooo delicious

November 9, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for the wonderful review!

• Cheryl
    November 7, 2020

Hi Natasha..can I use cake flour? I’m running out of AP and craving some banana bread. Thanks!

November 7, 2020

Hi Cheryl, cake flour may create a crumble/ different texture. Without experimenting with it myself I cannot advise on alterations.

• Dale
    November 6, 2020

I made this recipe today. It is, hands down, the best banana bread I have ever tasted. It is so moist. I made it exactly according to the recipe this time but I can’t wait to experiment with the recipe the next time I make it.

November 7, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Dale! Thank you for the wonderful review!

• Angie
    November 6, 2020

I made this and it was delicious! I substituted cranberries for the raisins. Thank you!

November 6, 2020

Thank you for sharing that with me, Angie! I’m glad you enjoyed this recipe!

• Eileen
    November 5, 2020

Hi Natasha, I was wondering could you add yogurt to this recipe?

Looking forward to making your delicious banana bread .
    Eileen 🇨🇦

November 5, 2020

Hi Eileen, I haven’t tested that to advise. If you experiment I would love to know how you like that!

• Tatyana Pirozhkov
    November 3, 2020

November 3, 2020

You’re most welcome!

• Rosie
    November 2, 2020

This time when I made the banana bread I reduced the amount of sugar to 100g half brown and half white and added 1 heaped tablespoon of sour cream. The result was again delicious. I think the addition of the sour cream reduces the overall sweetness and makes an even moister bread.

November 2, 2020

So good to know that it is so delicious as well using less sugar. Thanks for sharing that with us, Rosie!

• Lalima
    November 1, 2020

This is the best banana bread recipe I have ever made. My husband loves it so much that I make it almost every week. Well that’s certainly not healthy so I substitute flour for whole wheat flour. It still turns out perfect. I was wondering if I can substitute butter with oil? If so, can you tell which oil and the quantity?

November 1, 2020

So nice to know that, Lalima. Thanks for sharing that with us. I have not tried using oil for this recipe to advise. But one of my readers wrote in with the following helpful review: “The bread turns out rich and moist and wonderful!!! I have tweaked it a bit (as all bakers do) by using virgin coconut oil instead of butter, and using 1/2 cup of white sugar & 1/2 cup brown sugar in place of just white… Finally, I use milk chocolate chips instead of raisins or nuts. It is to die for!!!!” I hope this is helpful.

• Rosie
    October 30, 2020

This s the best banana bread ever, my little granddaughter of 11 makes it regularly now for her family. Was wondering could I add sour cream as I like the tang it gives certain bakes. If yes how much would you recommend. Thank you Natasha for all your wonderful recipes.

October 30, 2020

So great to hear that. I’m not sure how it would turn out though with sour cream as I’ve never tried adding that in this recipe before. I think it’s worth finding out, if you do an experiment, please let us know know it goes!

• Mehreen
      November 3, 2020

Hey Rosie….I always add sour cream(1/4 cup) when making banana bread. The result is always great, soft n moist. Hope that helps

• Ingrid Payne
    October 28, 2020

How many cups of mashed bananas does 3 ripe bananas make and how many loaves does this recipe make?

October 28, 2020

Hi Ingrid, I believe it’s maybe two cups. I never measured exactly, but it doesn’t have to be precise. Just use medium/average sized bananas. We made one loaf in a 9.25 by 5.25-Inch, pan.

• Juanita
    October 28, 2020

Hi, may I know where should I place the loaf pan while baking in the oven? I am planning to try this recipe after reading all the amazing reviews.
    thanks!

October 28, 2020

Hi Juanita, we use a standard oven and place it in the center rack.

• Juanita
      October 29, 2020

Thanks Natasha! cant wait to bake this tonight:)

October 30, 2020

I hope you love this recipe Juanita!

• Diana Kek
    October 27, 2020

this is like…scrumptious to the max…..sending love all the way from Malaysia here…used to pay like 9 dollars for a loaf of it..now only need an hour of my time and 3 dollars to enjoy freshly bake banana bread in the morning…thank you Natasha….

October 28, 2020

Yes so true, and homemade is so much better! I’m glad you enjoyed this recipe.

• Lidia
    October 26, 2020

Everyone at home loves your banana bread! We leave out the raisins but it’s still so delicious. We make it about once a week.

Can you please tell me if the entire bread is 350 calories? If it’s 350 calories per serving, how many servings in this bread? Thank you!

October 26, 2020

Hi Lidia, we have the serving suggestions on the printable recipe card towards the recipe post’s bottom. That calories are per serving. I hope that helps.

• Jeannie Karamigios
    October 26, 2020

Natasha- your banana bread recipe is the best! It was delicious….I added walnuts & chocolate chips!
    Love your videos. Thanks!

October 26, 2020

That’s just awesome Jeannie! I’m so happy to hear that!

• Anna
    October 25, 2020

The bread was done except for the middle and by the time the middle was done the rest was over baked! Any suggestions?

October 26, 2020

Hi Anna, it sounds like your oven may be running too hot. Are you using a conventional oven? I would recommend making sure it is calibrated.

• Sara
    October 22, 2020

I tried many recipes and I can tell you: This recipe is the best!

October 22, 2020

Fantastic! Thank you for your wonderful review, Sara.

• Sule
      October 25, 2020

I also agree. Turns out perfect every time.

• MB
    October 20, 2020

Hello Natasha!

Can I double this recipe and put chocolate chips on one pan (like your Choc chip banana bread recipe) and the other nuts free (due to nuts allergic kiddos)? Also using a glass loaf pans, so can I bake both pans together at 325°F and still take 55-65 mins?

Thank you so much for sharing your recipes! I’m about to start a collection of Natasha’s Kitchen recipes! They’re all so GOOD!

~MB

October 21, 2020

Hi, yes absolutely you can separate them and make them without nuts. The base of the chocolate chip banana bread is the same as this one and we often make it without nuts because of an allergy also. We have baked 2 loaves together in the past and it works great. You might do the toothpick test at the end though to make sure both loaves are fully cooked through (using 2 different toothpicks for allergies of course). I hope you love the banana bread!

• Freda Ramey
    October 20, 2020

This was delicious! I used the convection setting in my oven and it baked for about 48 minutes. Very moist! QUESTION: I want to divide this recipe into two pans. What size loaf pan should i use? Love this channel.

October 20, 2020

Hi Freda, I haven’t tested this in two pans to advise however one of our readers reports great results using two mini loaf pans for 15 minutes. ” I was looking for a quick and easy banana bread recipe that would be moist and delicious. Let me tell you, this recipe delivered. This was the best banana bread I’ve ever had/made.
      I omitted walnuts and raisins because I didn’t have any on the shelf and I didn’t have a loaf pan that I could find. Instead I had two mini loaf pans. I made two mini loaves and they cooked for 15 mins.
      They were a hit!”

• Susan Lobo
    October 18, 2020

Fabulous recipe! Best banana bread I’ve ever made. The only change I made was to use dried cranberries instead of raisins. The bread was so moist and delicious! My husband loved it and even shared a taste with our dogs, who also approved! No need to search anymore for another recipe. This is perfect! 5 stars.

October 18, 2020

Awesome! Thank you so much for the 5 stars and for the awesome review that you share with us, Susan. We love it!

• Yvonne
    October 18, 2020

Hi Natasha, thanks for the lovely recipe. The banana bread is very moist and tasty. My husband and son enjoyed very much. I will definitely make this again.

October 18, 2020

So great to hear that, Yvonne. Thanks for sharing your good feedback with us!

• Amber
    October 14, 2020

Hi Natasha. Love your recipes and I’ve tried quite a few and they all turn out lovely. This cake tastes really nice however I know cove done something wrong as mine went a quite dense. Can you help me on where I may have gone wrong please. Thankyou

October 14, 2020

Hi Amber, the bread will get denser with too much moisture. I would recommend reading our post on measuring to be sure everything was measured appropriately.