Home > Bread Recipes > Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

An easy and moist Banana Bread Recipe that is loaded with bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. This is one of our favorite overripe banana recipes with hundreds of 5-star reviews.

Banana Bread on a cutting board with walnuts, raisins and ripe bananas to make healthy banana bread

Banana Nut Bread Recipe:

This is my husband’s recipe which he has perfected over the years and he is known for his Banana Bread. He makes it frequently and it always disappears fast! It is simple to make and our favorite way to use up overripe bananas so they never go to waste. It’s super moist and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. We even created Banana Muffins from this recipe.

This loaf stays moist for days and also makes for a thoughtful and delicious gift idea for the holidays (I’ll take banana bread over fruit cake any day).

Banana Bread Video Tutorial:

Watch Natasha make this moist banana bread. You will be surprised at how easy it is. We will never stop loving this recipe. Now go forth and bake!

Ingredients for Banana Bread:

This is everything you need to make the best banana bread: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, softened butter, eggs and of course very ripe bananas. Adding walnuts and raisins is optional but adds great taste and texture, turning it into a banana nut bread.

Can I Omit Walnuts and Raisins?

YES! The recipe will still work if raisins and walnuts are omitted. We make it nut-free all the time due to a walnut allergy in the family. You will still have the softest, super moist and scrumptious loaf. You can also replace them with some chocolate to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.

Ingredients for Banana Bread with ripe bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, butter, walnuts and raisins

How to Ripen Bananas:

• Quick Oven Method: If your bananas are a little green and you want them to ripen quicker, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 250˚F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the initial ripeness of the bananas.
  • 24 Hour Counter Method: If you are willing to wait 1 day, you can place the bunch of bananas (without separating them) in a paper bag, cover and leave at room temperature. Bananas emit ethylene which causes ripening. Adding an apple to the bag will speed up the process.

Can I Freeze Overripe Bananas?

If you have overripe bananas and aren’t ready to bake with them, DO NOT throw them away!

How to Freeze Bananas: place them un-peeled in a freezer-safe bag, remove any excess air and freeze up to 3 months. You can use thawed bananas for banana bread. You can also freeze them peeled and cut into pieces for easier use in smoothies. P.S. You can also freeze a whole banana bread with the same method!

Slices of banana nut bread on a plate

How to Make Banana Bread:

This is the easiest banana bread recipe. We mix it in a stand mixer because it’s easy, but you can use an electric hand mixer and can even make it work with a hand whisk. There is no fancy equipment required. Watch the video tutorial below and you will be a pro in no time!

1. In the mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
  2. Mix in mashed bananas and eggs.
  3. Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda and add to batter.
  4. Stir in vanilla, walnuts, and raisins, transfer to prepared loaf pan and bake.

Substitutions for a Healthy Banana Bread:

• My sister Anna made this into a honey banana bread; replacing sugar with honey.
  • Use organic whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
  • Replace 1 Tbsp of flour with 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed.
  • Reduce sugar to 1/2 cup when using very ripe bananas; they add plenty of sweetness

Moist banana bread recipe sliced to show banana nut bread center

Love Sweet Breads? Try these Popular Bread Recipes:

We love sweetbreads because they are easy to make and are such a treat, especially when you top them with Honey Butter! Don’t miss these reader favorites:

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

Cook Time: 1 hour
Banana bread sliced on a cutting board

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. It is one of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas.

Keyword: banana bread, banana nut bread
Course: Breakfast, snack

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan (9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep). Lightly roast walnuts on a skillet, continuously stirring so they won’t burn. Coarsely chop and cool to room temperature.

2. In a mixing bowl, cream together 8 Tbsp softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar (or honey if using honey).

3. Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the batter along with 2 eggs, mixing until blended.

4. In a separate bowl, whisk together: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt then add to batter.

5. Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix in chopped walnuts and raisins. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let banana bread rest for 10 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

This banana bread recipe was first published in 2009; one of the very first recipes on our blog! It has been a reader and family favorite ever since.

Moist banana nut bread on kitchen towel

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy sweet raisins and toasted walnuts making it a banana nut bread. One of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas! This banana nut bread is super moist, easy and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. | natashaskitchen.com

• DAY
    May 11, 2020

I use 5 very ripe bananas (completely black) It taste AMAZING!!! It was moist. I add a pinch of cinnamon. Everyone love it ! My favorite recipe so far….and i made a Lot of banana breads.

May 11, 2020

So great to hear that you loved the end result! Thanks for sharing that with us and for giving this recipe an awesome feedback!

• Gabriella
    May 11, 2020

Thank you for this scrumptious recipe! I’ve made it several times and every time it’s a great hit. And it is so easy to make. I do reduce the sugar to about 1/4 cup because the bananas provide so much sweetness.

May 11, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing this with me! I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe.

• Arlene RIce
    May 10, 2020

Cannot wait to try this recipe. I just love everything you make.

May 10, 2020

I’m excited for you to try this too, Arlene. I’m sure you will love it!

• Helen TayorIs your cookbook from you for all these delicious recipes? It is available somewhere to be bought?
        May 16, 2020

May 16, 2020

Hi Helen, we do not have a cookbook at this time.

• Kim Fleckenstein
    May 10, 2020

OMG, this is by far my favorite banana bread. I thought I had the best one before this!! It is so moist and flavorful. I used 4 bananas, added some cinnamon, about 1/4 c of dark chocolate chips and cranraisins. Yummy… I usually put cream cheese and butter on mine but I wanted to try it without first. No, I do not need any of that, is is so moist and the right consistency. Thank you so much…

May 10, 2020

Yay so great to know that you loved this recipe, Kim. Thank you for sharing that with us and for giving this recipe great feedback!

• Landry
    May 8, 2020

I just made this and it turned out fabulous!!! I did 1/2 cup white sugar and a generously cup of raisins no walnuts it.
    I used a 10 1/4 x 7 3/4 pan because I didn’t have a loaf pan and baked at 350 degrees for 40 mins. It was moist and just the perfect amount of sweetness!
    I will def bake this again and try to double the portions for bigger bread.

May 8, 2020

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Amanda
    May 6, 2020

This is a super easy loaf to make, and is honestly the best recipe I’ve ever tried. I used 3 1/2 medium bananas, and omitted the raisins. It came out nice and light, wonderful banana flavour and perfectly browned after 55 minutes. Will definitely be sticking to this recipe from now on.

May 6, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing that with us!

• Pearl
    May 6, 2020

I tried the Banana Bread recipe last night and it was the best. I have made Banana bread in the past but it was not as moist as your recipe. Super good and got over the very next day. Thank you.

May 6, 2020

Yay so great to hear that you loved it, Pearl. Thank you for giving this recipe an awesome feedback!

• Landry
    May 5, 2020

Hi! I was wondering does it have to be very ripe bananas? also, is 3 bananas the minimum you recommend for this serving outcome?
    if I don’t have a loan tin/pan, what’s your baking temp/time advice for using a cake pan?
    Thank you in advance!

May 6, 2020

Hi Landry, it does have to be ripe bananas. Overripe bananas will give you a sweeter flavor but just ripe ones are fine. Don’t use underripe though. I haven’t tried in a cake pan. A 9″ cake pan would take less time than a loaf pan though.

• Maria
    May 4, 2020

My picky kids loved this. I didn’t have a loaf pan, so baked in a 9×13 for about 40 min. It came out perfect. I used a 1/2 cup mixture of nuts, 1/4 cup craisins, and 1/4 cup coconut flakes. Great recipe for overripe bananas. Every one of your recipes I’ve tried have been a success thank you!

May 4, 2020

That sounds delicious! Thank you so much for sharing that with me!

• Maria
    May 4, 2020

My picky kids loved this. I didn’t have a loaf pan, so baked in a 9×13 for about 40 min. It came out perfect. I used a 1/2 cup mixture of nuts, 1/4 cup craisins, and 1/4 cup coconut flakes. Such a great recipe for overripe bananas. Every one of your recipes I’ve tried have been a success thanks!

May 4, 2020

That’s just awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing that with me! I’m all smiles

• Areej taqi
    May 3, 2020

Hi Natasha I love your recipes and this banana bread is delicious everybody loved it in my family❤️,I have one question how many days you can keep it on counter top in sir tight container(it’s not gonna last long😊)but I am just wondering,please reply me.

Thankyou❤️

May 3, 2020

Thank you for your great feedback. It doesn’t usually last for more than 2 days at home too. But if properly stored, freshly baked banana bread will last for about 1 to 2 days at normal room temperature. Freshly baked banana bread will keep well for about 1 week in the fridge when properly stored.

• Becky
    May 2, 2020

Could i split the batter between mini loaf pans? How long to bake then?

May 2, 2020

Hi Becky, I haven’t tested that and I bet that could work! You will need to adjust the bake time.

• Daisy R. Mazilu
    May 2, 2020

Hi, your banana bread recipe is awesome! I just tried it today and my family loved it! I have tried several recipes before but this is by far the best! Thank you so much! I am a big fan of your blog!

May 2, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it Daisy!

• Lilian Uti
    May 2, 2020

I love the banana bread recipe. Each time I see banana all I thing next is banana bread.

May 2, 2020

This is the perfect recipe for that!

• Trish
    April 30, 2020

Hi! I only have an 8×4 loaf pan. How do I go about tweaking the ingredients so they don’t go over? Thank you!

May 1, 2020

Hi Trish, you may try halving or making 3/4 of the recipe. I haven’t tested it in that size pan to advise.

• Alyssa
    April 30, 2020

This looks delicious! Just like the one my grandma would make! Unfortunately, I don’t have a loaf pan. Any chance this recipe could be used to make muffins instead? 😀

April 30, 2020

Hello Alyssa, I hope you can try this recipe soon! I haven’t tried making this in muffins yet, I imagine that should be okay however I cannot advise you of any changes in measurements since I haven’t tested it yet. If you want to do an experiment, please share with us how it goes.

• shaur
    April 29, 2020

Omg! This was seriously the best banana bread I’ve ever eaten. Thank you so much!!

April 29, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it!

• Evelyn
    April 29, 2020

Hello Natasha, can I substitute all purpose flour with cake flour or oats flour?

April 29, 2020

Hi Evelyn, without testing that out myself, it is difficult to make that recommendation.

• Arlene RIced
      May 10, 2020

cake flour and all purpose flour are of differing consistencies. Check with Google to make the necessary correction to recipe

• Angi
    April 28, 2020

One of the recipes that I’ve tried . Thanks sweet Natasha for yourself super easy and yummy recipes

April 28, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you’re enjoying our recipes!

• Anne
    April 28, 2020

Can you substitute oil instead of butter?

April 28, 2020

Hi Anne, we always make it with butter but we did have a reader report good results using oil.

• Cathy B
    April 28, 2020

OMG! I just made this a couple of hours ago and it was heavenly! My husband and I love banana nut bread, but I have never tried making it until this morning. My husband was moaning in ecstasy. He said that was the best damn banana nut bread he has ever tasted. I didn’t use the raisins or walnuts, I just dumped in a 6 ounce bag of pecan pieces (we really like pecans). It was just so moist and delicious! Yum! I will be making this again. Thank you for sharing your recipe.

April 28, 2020

So great to hear that you loved the end result, Cathy. Thanks for sharing that with us and for giving this recipe excellent feedback!

• Devin
    April 28, 2020

I just made this banana bread. I used mini loaf pans instead of the regular size. They came out amazing thank you

April 28, 2020

You’re welcome Devin! Thank you for that amazing feedback!

• Lisa
      May 14, 2020

At what temperature and what duration?

• Geraldine Pierce
      June 9, 2020

DEVIN, how many mini loaves did it make and what temp at how long to bake?? I just bought mini loaf pans and need a good recipe. Thanks

• David M
    April 28, 2020

A VERY good recipe! I keep a gallon freezer bag in my freezer and put in my overripe bananas. When it’s full, I quadruple this recipe and give 3 away to different friends on a rotating cycle.
    It is probably the best banana bread recipe I’ve ever tried.Thank you Natasha!

April 28, 2020

That is awesome, David. I’m sure that you always make your friends happy because they get to taste it too!

• Rania
    April 24, 2020

Hi Natasha. Love your recipes!!

However, Something went wrong with this banana bread with me. Need your advise pls. I just made it now, once I added the mushed bananas & the 2 eggs & I blended, the mix became super cloudy (not nice & bright yellow as its supposed to be) & I can see lots of white specs (very weird). Knowing that I followed Exactly all the steps & none of my ingredients were expired or anything like that. Any idea what went wrong there for me?? Thanks a lot.

April 24, 2020

Hi Rania, could it be that the butter wasn’t fully softened? If the specks are fairly small and appear to be butter, it should still bake up fine.

• Marian Thomas
    April 24, 2020

I made this recipe using gluten free flour and it came out rather crumbly. Can you suggest a remedy to offset the dryness of the flour?
    However the flavor was very good and I will make it again.

April 24, 2020

Hi Marina, I haven’t experimented with gluten-free flour/ coconut flour so can’t make a recommendation.

• Thea
    April 23, 2020

Can you add more bananas? I want to double the batch because I have 8 bananas I need to use up. Thanks.

April 24, 2020

Hi Thea, you can definitely double this recipe! I hope you love it!

• Peggy Garmon
    April 22, 2020

I made this yesterday. It is by far the best recipe I have ever used..I substituted 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/4 c dried cranberries for the walnuts and raisins because that is what was in my kitchen. Delicious!

April 22, 2020

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite!

• Lorraine Doucet-Noel
    April 22, 2020

Hello Natasha, I have tried this recipe today. I only had 2 bananas so I added a shredded apple and because I am a diabetic, I decided to replace the sugar with splenda. It turned out fine It does not rise as much but the taste is just fine. For a girl who does not bake, I think I did okay. Thank you for your help Natasha,

April 22, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe!

• Margaret Hoyle
    April 21, 2020

Naterlie can I add dried Cranberries as well as the Raisins and the Nuts or would that be too much.
    You are a Gem.

April 21, 2020

I’m sure you could based on your liking! If you experiment, let me know how you liked the recipe.

• Alicia
    April 20, 2020

I made this using self-rising flour instead because I’m trying to use it up (while saving my ap flour since it’s still difficult to find at stores.) I also used brown sugar (not packed) instead of white. I didn’t add any other leaveners or salt and it turned out great! Moist but not gummy and just the right amount of sweetness! It was perfectly done after 45 minutes in the oven. Great recipe that seems very flexible!

April 20, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed that Alicia! Thank you for that wonderful review!

• Barbara Peek
    April 20, 2020

Love, love, love your recipes and the humor you bring to preparing each recipe! Can I substitute applesauce in place of the sugar in the banana bread recipe, and how much? Thank you.

April 20, 2020

Hi Barbara, I haven’t tried substituting with applesauce to advise. If you experiment please let me know how you like that.

• Heather
    April 20, 2020

I made this amazing banana bread last week and have requests to make MORE!

It’s delicious.
    Thank you Natasha.

April 20, 2020

You’re so welcome Heather. Thanks for giving this recipe a try and for the great feedback!

• ilhem
    April 19, 2020

i did it yesterday it was so yummy thank you for the recipe

April 19, 2020

You’re welcome! So glad you enjoyed this recipe.

• Gail
    April 19, 2020

Love,love,love watching you create amazing food dishes…
    This Banana bread is great !!

April 19, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed the banana bread and our other recipes. Thank you for sharing!

• Claudia
    April 18, 2020

Yes, I did it and it was spectacular!!! Thank you ❤️

April 19, 2020

Yay so happy to know that, Claudia. Thanks for your great feedback!

• Fran Levien
    April 18, 2020

This is my go to Banana Bread! Tried multiply recipes but this one is a keeper and freezes very well too.
    ENJOY!!

April 18, 2020

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a favorite!

• Vickey Henson
    April 18, 2020

Can I omit the bananas and make apple nut bread using this recipe?

April 18, 2020

Hi Vickey, I have not tested that with apples, I recommend reading through the comments but I wouldn’t be able to advise.

• fatima
        April 20, 2020

I just made this today and it was amazing. It was simple, easy, and delicious!

April 20, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed that Fatima!

• Karen
    April 18, 2020

I made this and took it to work and everybody raved. One of the doctors said. It was the closest thing to his grandmother’s that he had ever tasted!

April 18, 2020

Awww that’s the best! Thank you so much for sharing that with me! I’m all smiles!

• Robin
      April 27, 2020

Flavor was great it came out dry. Not sure why – was on point with all measurements except maybe banana because it was already mashed and I had to guess equivalent. May add sour cream or a touch of oil next time. (Baked in aluminum pan for 55 min)

April 27, 2020

Hi Robin, if using fewer bananas, it won’t be as moist so that may be the culprit. Also, it could also have been the aluminum pans which might have needed less baking time.

• Eunice L.Carter
    April 18, 2020

Just made this and I used dried cranberries instead of raisins, sadly I burned the chopped walnuts, so I used pecans instead. It is moist and delicious! Thanks Natasha and hubby!

April 18, 2020

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Roxanne
    April 17, 2020

Natasha, thank you for this recipe. First time I tried my hand at banana bread and it was a success, totally delicious!! The toasted walnuts and raisins were excellent in this recipe. I will be baking again this weekend. Hats off to you and your hussie.

April 17, 2020

That’s just awesome!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful review!

• Sarah
    April 15, 2020

I tried this last night and it was so good. Thank you, Natasha, for helping me learn to cook for my family!

April 15, 2020

Awww that’s the best! Thank you so much for sharing that with me! I’m all smiles, Sarah!

• Kymber
    April 15, 2020

Can I add a little sour cream to this recipe? If so, how much?

April 15, 2020

Hi Kymber, that should work! Here is what one of our readers shared with us “Every one of your recipes that I have tried is pretty amazing! Just made 3 portions of this banana bread and plan on freezing 2. I just add 1/4c. sour cream thinking it will be even more moist. Thank you for many yummy ideas!

• maria
    April 13, 2020

what can I replace the raisins with

April 13, 2020

You can omit the raisins, Maria or replace it with some chocolate.

• Kim Corcoran
        April 18, 2020

I’ve done it with dried cranberries, and once with chopped up dried apricots. Hey, dates would be good too!! 🙂

April 19, 2020

Yeah I’m sure! That’s what I love about this recipe, you can try making it different each time.

• bahman
    April 12, 2020

Hello.i kooked banana nut this afternoon.it was very good.thanks

April 12, 2020

So great to hear that!

• Sakshi
    April 12, 2020

Can you please also include some eggless receipe. Or mention some substitutes for eggs.
    It would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks.

April 12, 2020

Thanks for your suggestion!

• Michelle
      April 22, 2020

Applesauce is a substitute for eggs 🙂
      If a recipe calls for 2 eggs, use 1/2 cup of applesauce. If the applesauce is sweetened, simply reduce the sugar in the recipe.

• Beverly
      April 27, 2020

You can replace eggs in any recipe with Chia seeds. I put chia seeds into a sm bowl and add H2O. It can take 15 – 20 mins for the seeds to make a gelatinous substitute for eggs, I just use about the same amount of liquid that eggs would contribute to the recipe. You could investigate further on vegan sites.

• Elizabeth
    April 12, 2020

Could you use margarine instead of butter? I have made this with this recipe but I am out of butter but don’t want to make it with margarine unless I know it will work.

April 12, 2020

Hello Elizabeth, sorry but I haven’t tried using margarine yet to advise. If you want to experiment, please share with us how it goes.

• Becky
    April 12, 2020

I used 2 cups of walnuts and no raisins. Absolutely delicious.

April 13, 2020

Awesome! Thank you for sharing and for your excellent review, Becky.

• Ruchira
    April 12, 2020

Hi. What can I use as substitute for unsalted butter?

April 12, 2020

Hi you could use salted butter and just omit the salt in the recipe.

• Yvette
    April 11, 2020

It came out amazing and so moist. It was so easy to make. My family loved it , definitely doing it again. Thank you!

April 12, 2020

So great to hear that you loved this recipe, Yvette! Thank you for sharing.

• Violetta
    April 11, 2020

Its awesome! Simple and yummy. Everybody loved it!

• Barb
    April 10, 2020

We loved this banana bread. I did omit the raisins, but I’m sure it would have been good with them in it as well. Since I didn’t have any walnuts in the house, but I did have pecans, I used pecans. I didn’t do this, but I imagine dates would be good in it as well.

April 10, 2020

That sounds like a delicious addition! I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe!

• Juliane Wonsul
    April 9, 2020

If I double this recipe, should I not double the salt?

April 9, 2020

Hi Juliane, our readers have doubled the recipe just fine in the past. When making a double batch, we usually just double all of the ingredients and divide into 2 separate pans then bake together. They may need slightly more bake time so be sure to check with a toothpick and remove when there is no wet batter sticking to the toothpick. We place leftovers in a large ziploc bag (or cover with plastic wrap) and refrigerate.

• Juliane Wonsul
    April 9, 2020

Super moist. Very easy to make. A keeper. Loved it.

April 9, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed that! Thank you for that awesome review!

• Lisa
    April 7, 2020

I love watching your videos. What pans do you recommend most cooking with, glass, non stick etc? I would love to have your thoughts on this.
    Lisa

April 7, 2020

Hi Lisa, my favorite pans can be found in my blog shop HERE.

• Marcia Gordon
    April 3, 2020

Hello Natasha

What can i use to substitute the eggs?

April 4, 2020

Hi Marcia, I haven’t tested this egg-free so I’m not sure how it would affect the texture or rise. I think other modifications would need to be made.

• Marcia Gordon
        April 4, 2020

Thanks for your response Natasha!

• Nouma Abdul
        April 11, 2020

What is the different ‘baking soda’ and baking powder? And soda bicarbonate? My country got 2 types different powder.. baking powder and soda bicarbonate powder. Which one for this recipe?

April 13, 2020

Hi Nouma, unless there are other additions to the product, “sodium bicarbonate” is the technical name for baking soda and should be the same thing. Baking soda is 4 times stronger than baking powder and they usually cannot be substituted in recipes without other modifications.

• Marie
            April 18, 2020

Hi Natasha, doesn’t baking powder have the raising ingredient in it?

April 19, 2020

Hi Marie, baking powder is a leavening agent that adds rising power to ingredients. Baking soda is 4 times stronger than baking powder.

• Beverly
      April 27, 2020

• Javeria
    April 2, 2020

Hello Natasha
    I tried banana nut bread and came out so delicious. I love watching your videos. Thank you for great work !!

April 2, 2020

One of my favorite recipes, I’m so glad you enjoyed that Javeria!

• Mary Widerick
    April 2, 2020

Hi Natasha, I made your Moist Banana Nut Bread and it was wonderful. It is the first time that I have made Banana bread and now I think I am hooked. Thank you

April 2, 2020

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite!

• Lynne Wilson
    April 1, 2020

Wow! I didn’t think I would ever find banana bread better than my mom’s…and I definitely wasn’t looking! This is the best recipe for banana bread I’ve ever had. Moist and SO tender!!

April 1, 2020

I’m so happy you enjoyed that. Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Brenda Turner
    April 1, 2020

The Banana Walnut bread was the best I’ve ever made. I added a little cinnamon. I made 2 loaves, one to share with neighbors. Thank you for this easy and delicious recipe!

April 1, 2020

What a great compliment! Thank you for sharing that with us and for giving your excellent review about this recipe.

• Iris R Liskey
    March 31, 2020

Can I substitute unsweetened applesauce for butter?

March 31, 2020

Hello Iris, I haven’t tried that yet to advise but if you want to do an experiment, please share with us how you liked that version.

• Rose
    March 31, 2020

I joined your club 2 days ago and I am so happy that I did. I love your recipes and your demonstrations beautiful smile.
    Thank you for all your recipes. God bless.

March 31, 2020

That’s just awesome Rose! Welcome! I’m so glad you discovered our blog!

• Rosemary
    March 30, 2020

Need this recipe for bread machine

• Mary
    March 30, 2020

Can we replace or ommit egg from banana bread recipe

March 30, 2020

Hi Mary, I haven’t tested this egg-free so I’m not sure how it would affect the texture or rise. I think other modifications would need to be made.

• Mary
        April 1, 2020

For vegiterian con we do it by using lemon soda.. I all try it thanks.
        Love your proposal way…

• Emanuela
          April 2, 2020

Hi Natasha, I love your blog, I made a few recipes – very delicious!!!
          Can banana bread be done with less sugar, maybe 50 grams maximum? Trying to reduce the calories, and bananas are very sweet anyway. Thanks

April 2, 2020

Hello Emanuela, yes you should be able to adjust the sweetness level and you’re right, the bananas are already very sweet. Please update us on how this one goes.

• Cobie
    March 29, 2020

I made this banana bread today and it’s delicious.
    I made it with honey and the texture is lovely.
    Thanks Natasha, I look forward to your recipes in my email box.
    Keep up the good work.

March 29, 2020

It’s indeed yummy with honey! Thanks for your great review, I appreciate it!

• Rose Lea Fichtner Fichtner
    March 26, 2020

I always make your chocolate chip banana bread and it always comes out delicious and moist.
    So when I saw this raisin and nut banana bread, I decided to leave out the chocolate chips and add walnuts and cranberries. I do not
    like raisins in baked goods, so that’s why I left it out and added the cranberries. I also used the 1 cup of sugar instead of 3/4 cup since cranberries are not as sweet as raisins. Delicious. BTW, last night I also made Chicken Tetrazzini, it was yummy. Thanks for all ur great recipes.

March 26, 2020

You’re welcome, Rose! I’m so happy you liked that!

• Cora
    March 22, 2020

Just made this banana bread and it is amazing! Didn’t make any substitutions, cooked for ~50 minutes and it turned out wonderful! Never thought to put raisins in my banana bread. Thanks for the great recipe 🙂

March 22, 2020

Love it! Thanks for sharing that with us and for giving a great review!

• Georgia
    March 21, 2020

Great recipe. So moist. What makes the banana bread rise more in the middle? Made this twice and both times it is much higher in the middle of the top. Thanks

March 22, 2020

H Georgia, it is normal for the center to rise and it can have a more prominent rise if you use a different sized/shaped pan.

• Roxanne Lopez
    March 18, 2020

Hello Natasha, My name is Roxanne and my question is, can I make banana nut bread in a Bundt pan instead if a loaf pan

March 19, 2020

Hi Roxanne, I haven’t tried it in a bundt pan but one of my readers shared this. I hope it helps! “I got the idea to pour the batter into a bundt pan. It was awesome. The bread (or the cake) baked through really well, and it wasn’t extremely dark on the outside. I also dusted it with powdered sugar on top (Natasha’s snow version. Lol) and it was very pretty. And so good. Only one little piece left”

• Adi
    March 15, 2020

Amazing easy to make.

I love it… I didn’t use raisin. I used 4 bananas and 2 cups flour.

March 16, 2020

Thanks for sharing and for the great review Adi! I’m glad it was a success!

• Fatima
        March 28, 2020

I had a few over-ripe bananas and decided to make my favorite banana bread on the spot. Your recipe is so simple and easy to follow. The result was delicious. I used 4 ripe bananas instead of 3 and also didn’t use raisins. Thanks for your easy and delicious recipes.

March 28, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing that with us!

• Lucy
        April 16, 2020

Hello. I’m from the UK. Could you convert the cup measures to grams please? Also is it self raising flour you use? Thanks!

April 16, 2020

Hi Lucy, if you go down to the print-friendly recipe card and click “metric”, you will see the conversions to grams.

• Lisa B
          April 21, 2020

I have been looking at several banana bread recipes and I noticed some called for oil while yours calls for butter. Is there a difference in the moisture of the bread using oil versus butter? How does the two affect the bread taste? Thanks

April 21, 2020

Hi Lisa, after testing many many loaves, we love the rise and texture best.

• Rabia
    March 13, 2020

My banana bread was very excellent in taste but while cutting it has broken. Why, what the cause I couldn’t understand plz help me out

March 13, 2020

Hi Rabia, I haven’t noticed that happening unless the bread is cut while it is too warm. Were there any other substitutions in the recipe?

• Sherry
        April 6, 2020

Have made the Banana Nut Bread twice. My husband and I both love it. Will be making it again. I was told the blacker the bananas are the better. In your video the bananas looked very yellow. Can you clear that up?

Thanks,
        Sherry

April 6, 2020

Hi Sherry, they are best when they are soft & ripe inside. If your bananas are not recipe it may affect the texture.

• Geraldine
    March 8, 2020

I’ve baked many banana breads in my lifetime, and this is by far the best banana bread ever! Thank you Natasha for another great recipe!!! Keep them coming, looking forward to making your next recipe!

March 8, 2020

Love your feedback! Thank you so much for your good words, so happy that you enjoyed this so much!

• Lyubov
    March 5, 2020

Hi, Natasha, I would like to ask you him much time I have to add to make three banana breads on one time?

March 5, 2020

Hi Lyubov, we have tested two loaves at once and it didn’t affect the cooking time. I haven’t experimented with three but I would suggest doing the toothpick test at the recommended time in the recipe to ensure they are all fully baked.

• lyubov
        March 6, 2020

Thanks

• Rose Marie Elizondo
    February 29, 2020

Love banana bread. My whole family does too. Thank you for the recipe.

February 29, 2020

Isn’t it amazing! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

• Cheryl B
    February 28, 2020

REALLY a nice banana bread! It’s lighter than most–which is a nice difference–and I’ve never had a banana bread with raisins in it. Loved the additional layer of flavor. A unique banana bread! I’ll be making this again!!! Thank you Natasha!

February 28, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so happy you enjoyed it, Cheryl!

• Maddy Ellison
    February 27, 2020

Hi Natasha, the banana loaf is our family favourite, especially my husband who loves to have it on hand for his snacks & tea, I have to make two loaves at a time so it’s always available. We live in New Zealand.

February 27, 2020

That’s so great Maddy! Thank you for that awesome feedback.