Home > Bread Recipes > Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

Banana Bread Recipe (VIDEO)

An easy and moist Banana Bread Recipe that is loaded with bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. This is one of our favorite overripe banana recipes with hundreds of 5-star reviews.

Banana Bread on a cutting board with walnuts, raisins and ripe bananas to make healthy banana bread

Banana Nut Bread Recipe:

This is my husband’s recipe which he has perfected over the years and he is known for his Banana Bread. He makes it frequently and it always disappears fast! It is simple to make and our favorite way to use up overripe bananas so they never go to waste. It’s super moist and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. We even created Banana Muffins from this recipe.

This loaf stays moist for days and also makes for a thoughtful and delicious gift idea for the holidays (I’ll take banana bread over fruit cake any day).

Banana Bread Video Tutorial:

Watch Natasha make this moist banana bread. You will be surprised at how easy it is. We will never stop loving this recipe. Now go forth and bake!

Ingredients for Banana Bread:

This is everything you need to make the best banana bread: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, softened butter, eggs and of course very ripe bananas. Adding walnuts and raisins is optional but adds great taste and texture, turning it into a banana nut bread.

Can I Omit Walnuts and Raisins?

YES! The recipe will still work if raisins and walnuts are omitted. We make it nut-free all the time due to a walnut allergy in the family. You will still have the softest, super moist and scrumptious loaf. You can also replace them with some chocolate to make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.

Ingredients for Banana Bread with ripe bananas, flour, sugar, eggs, butter, walnuts and raisins

How to Ripen Bananas:

• Quick Oven Method: If your bananas are a little green and you want them to ripen quicker, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 250˚F for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the initial ripeness of the bananas.
  • 24 Hour Counter Method: If you are willing to wait 1 day, you can place the bunch of bananas (without separating them) in a paper bag, cover and leave at room temperature. Bananas emit ethylene which causes ripening. Adding an apple to the bag will speed up the process.

Can I Freeze Overripe Bananas?

If you have overripe bananas and aren’t ready to bake with them, DO NOT throw them away!

How to Freeze Bananas: place them un-peeled in a freezer-safe bag, remove any excess air and freeze up to 3 months. You can use thawed bananas for banana bread. You can also freeze them peeled and cut into pieces for easier use in smoothies. P.S. You can also freeze a whole banana bread with the same method!

Slices of banana nut bread on a plate

How to Make Banana Bread:

This is the easiest banana bread recipe. We mix it in a stand mixer because it’s easy, but you can use an electric hand mixer and can even make it work with a hand whisk. There is no fancy equipment required. Watch the video tutorial below and you will be a pro in no time!

1. In the mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
  2. Mix in mashed bananas and eggs.
  3. Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, salt, and baking soda and add to batter.
  4. Stir in vanilla, walnuts, and raisins, transfer to prepared loaf pan and bake.

Substitutions for a Healthy Banana Bread:

• My sister Anna made this into a honey banana bread; replacing sugar with honey.
  • Use organic whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour.
  • Replace 1 Tbsp of flour with 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed.
  • Reduce sugar to 1/2 cup when using very ripe bananas; they add plenty of sweetness

Moist banana bread recipe sliced to show banana nut bread center

Love Sweet Breads? Try these Popular Bread Recipes:

We love sweetbreads because they are easy to make and are such a treat, especially when you top them with Honey Butter! Don’t miss these reader favorites:

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

Cook Time: 1 hour
Banana bread sliced on a cutting board

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, and toasted walnuts. It is one of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas.

Keyword: banana bread, banana nut bread
Course: Breakfast, snack

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bread loaf pan (9.25 long x 5.25 wide x 2.75 deep). Lightly roast walnuts on a skillet, continuously stirring so they won’t burn. Coarsely chop and cool to room temperature.

2. In a mixing bowl, cream together 8 Tbsp softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar (or honey if using honey).

3. Mash bananas with a fork until the consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the batter along with 2 eggs, mixing until blended.

4. In a separate bowl, whisk together: 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of salt then add to batter.

5. Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract and mix in chopped walnuts and raisins. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let banana bread rest for 10 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Moist Banana Bread Recipe

This banana bread recipe was first published in 2009; one of the very first recipes on our blog! It has been a reader and family favorite ever since.

Moist banana nut bread on kitchen towel

This Banana Bread Recipe is loaded with ripe bananas, tangy sweet raisins and toasted walnuts making it a banana nut bread. One of our favorite ripe banana recipes and even better with overripe bananas! This banana nut bread is super moist, easy and makes a great breakfast on-the-go. | natashaskitchen.com

• Alicia Vizuet
    July 19, 2020

Thank you Natasha for the amazing recipe. I made this last night and it came out great. I used coconut sugar and some honey. My husband and daughter loved it.

July 19, 2020

My pleasure! I am so happy to hear that you and your family loved it.

• C
    July 19, 2020

Great Recipe! Thx so much! I added 1 tsp of cinnamon and used Craisins. Made them into 3 mini loaves. Baked for 30 minutes.

July 19, 2020

Yay so awesome! Thanks for your great feedback.

• Olga
    July 16, 2020

Loved the recipe! Came out better than expected! Thank you

July 17, 2020

That is awesome! Thanks for your good feedback.

• Laiba Waseem
    July 15, 2020

Came out perfectly and better than any other recipe

July 15, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed that Laiba!

• Patricia R.
    July 14, 2020

I used total whole wheat flour and replaced the raisins with dried cranberries. It was delicious

July 14, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing that with me Patricia! That’s so great!

• Dayana
    July 12, 2020

Hi, what if I only have baking powder for this recipe?

July 12, 2020

Hi Dyana, I haven’t tried that yet to advise how that would work

• Shreya Patel
    July 11, 2020

I followed your recipe but replaced all purpose flour with whole wheat flour and almond flour in equal ratio. This was the most delicious banana bread we ever had! So moist!

July 11, 2020

That’s just awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this with me Shreya!

• Geetika
    July 10, 2020

I have tried almost all of your recipes and they are always awesome but this one really is my most favorite. I substituted walnuts with almonds and added some chocolate chips. My baking time was 40 mins as ovens are different so keep a check on your bread. This is the best banana bread recipe ever! Thank you Natasha for sharing your talent with us.

July 10, 2020

Awww that’s the best! Thank you so much for sharing that with me!

• Nidhi
    July 9, 2020

Excellent recipe…..came out perfectly fine
    Thanks a lot..
    I tried the strawberry cake as well was excellent!!

July 9, 2020

I’m so happy you enjoyed that!

• txgirl
    July 7, 2020

Not that you need another glowing review, but holy cow this was good! Followed directions to a tee and turned out perfectly. An epic recipe!

July 7, 2020

Sounds like you found a new favorite! Thank you for that wonderful review!

• Leslie
    July 7, 2020

great recipe
    I only had 1 banana, cranberries and pecans, half brown and half white sugar- still came out lovely.
    Have made it with recipe ingredients and was delicious!

July 7, 2020

You’re welcome, Leslie! I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe!

• Cee
    July 6, 2020

This is the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe! It’s super moist and soft. My family loved it! Thank you!

July 7, 2020

Yay reading your comment made me very happy. Thank you!

• Ashley
    July 6, 2020

The most delicious and moist banana bread ever!! Such an easy process and simple recipe! My house smelt amazing while the bread was in the oven! The banana bread had the perfect texture and taste. Moist on the inside and a yummy crisp on the outside. It was gone within an hour! Your recipes are incredible Natasha! Thank you!

July 6, 2020

I love how the house smells baking this! Isn’t it simply the best! Thank you for sharing this awesome review with me!

• Bonnie
    July 5, 2020

There were so many comments on your banana bread recipe, but haven’t seen anyone use an ingredient that I add….1T dried orange peel (in the spice bottle). Hope you will try it, I wouldn’t make my banana bread without.

July 5, 2020

That’s a nice idea! Thanks for sharing that with us.

• Renu
    June 30, 2020

Hi Natasha, I tried almond cake and banana walnut cake from your recipes and it turned out delicious… thank you for sharing with us…

June 30, 2020

You’re welcome Renu! I’m so glad you enjoyed that!

• Angela
    June 30, 2020

Tried this recipe today with 1/2 cup brown sugar and omitted the nuts and it came out moist and crunchy on the outside! It was gone within the hour. Great recipe!

June 30, 2020

That is and awesome and wonderful feedback. Thank you for sharing!

• Ching
    June 30, 2020

Hi Natasha thank you so much for the recipe! Cut sugar and oil by half to suit the elderly yet still turn out great every single time without fail! Will try to make cream cheese banana bread next time

June 30, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing that with us Ching!

• Belinda
    June 27, 2020

I made this banana bread today. Deli and moist.

June 27, 2020

• Nan
    June 25, 2020

This banana bread is SO delicious. My kids and even my doubting husband loved it. Really moist and has a wonderful flavour. Lots of thumbs up from us!

June 25, 2020

That’s just awesome! Thank you for sharing that awesome review with me!

• Alveena
    June 21, 2020

I made banana bread today on Father’s Day and it was perfect. Everyone just loved it and couldn’t resist having more. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

June 22, 2020

You’re so welcome! Thanks for your excellent review, we appreciate it!

• Katherine
    June 21, 2020

Just wondering how this banana bread recipe rises & density compares to a recipe that has all the same ingredients however also includes (baking powder)

June 22, 2020

Hi Katherine, I’m not sure what recipe you are referring to, but note if it has baking soda, that baking soda is 4 times stronger than baking powder.

• Vida Daymond
    June 21, 2020

Made the banana bread yesterday. Oh my goodness, never thought bananas could taste sooo nice!! Texture was amazing and the taste mmmm. Another new favourite. Thank you.

June 21, 2020

That is so awesome! Thanks for your excellent feedback, I am so glad that you loved it!

• Scott
    June 20, 2020

I LOVE your videos !! You are so cute !! (Not hitting on you) !!! I made banana bread today and it is awesome !! I wanted to leave a picture but there is no place to do so.

June 21, 2020

LOL! Thank you so much for your great feedback and compliment. You can share photos of your creation on our Facebook page or group!

• Ikang
    June 20, 2020

First time to make banana bread and this is sooo good!!! It came out soft and moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside. I substituted raisins to chocolate chips and reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. Yay, it’s so yummy! Posted a photo in my instagram

June 20, 2020

I’m so happy you liked that! Thank you for that great review!

• Colleen
    June 19, 2020

I have made this banana bread a couple of times now.
    So yummy, and moist and so easy to make!
    I now use up all my ripened bananas!
    Fan from Canada!

June 19, 2020

Hi Colleen! Thank you for stopping by! I’m so glad you’re enjoying our recipes!

• Sq
    June 18, 2020

May I know how to keep the banana cake moist? Because my cake dries out

June 18, 2020

Hi Sq, I haven’t had it come out dry following the recipe. The bananas, eggs, and vanilla do the trick.

• Landa
      June 26, 2020

Are you talking about after it’s baked to store it to keep it moist? I’m sure just an air tight container or wrapped in tinfoil. When I warm mine I always put a damp paper towel over it in the microwave at 15 sec intervals.

• Vida Daymond.
    June 18, 2020

The banana loaf has just come out of the oven. Smells and looks delicious. Waiting for it to cool. First time I’ve tried this recipe and sooo looking forward to a taster. Thank you.

June 18, 2020

I bet your home smells AMAZING! I hope you love this recipe!

• Brynn
    June 16, 2020

I made this today and it was a hit with my family! I used Pamela’s gluten free all-purpose flour, replacing 1 tbsp of flour with ground flax. I replaced the sugar with coconut sugar and reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup, since I used overripe bananas. I divided the batter between two 4×8 loaf pans and baked for about 50 minutes. Forgot to toast the walnuts but it still came out amazing!

The texture was super soft, no one could tell it was gluten free! I know we’ll be making this banana bread for years to come. Thank you for the incredible recipe.

June 16, 2020

hank you for sharing that wonderful review with us Brynn!

• GM
    June 15, 2020

I recently lost all my treasured recipes and in looking for a new banana nut bread recipe came across this one. It is a fabulously delicious recipe. Highly recommend. I did alter it a bit by splitting the sugar between white and dark brown and adding cinnamon.

June 15, 2020

Hey GM, great to hear that you loved this banana bread recipe. I hope you love every recipe that you try!

• Erika Kirsipuu
    June 13, 2020

Great recipe! So many times I have tried to make a great banana bread, with no good results, but your recipe changed everything! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

June 14, 2020

So great to hear that, Erika. Thank you for your excellent feedback!

• Amirah
    June 13, 2020

BEST BANANA BREAD EVER!!!! thanks a lot Natasha

June 13, 2020

You’re welcome Amirah! Thank you for that great review!

• Jyoti
    June 13, 2020

it came out beautiful and moist, thanks for share

June 13, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so glad you enjoyed that!

• Amirah
    June 12, 2020

Thanks a lot Natasha for this wonderfully moist and delicious banana bread recipe my family loves it!!! Can’t wait to try more of your recipes

June 12, 2020

You’re welcome! I hope you and your family will love every recipe that you try.

• Amirah
        June 13, 2020

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful recipes

• Teresa Mwangi
    June 11, 2020

I love your recipes, very easy follow.

June 12, 2020

• Amirah
    June 11, 2020

hi Natasha!!! love all your recipes so simple and easy to make and of course super delicious. Gonna try making this recipe today will let you know how it comes:)

June 12, 2020

I hooe hope you like it! Please let us know how it goes.

• Ademidun
    June 11, 2020

Hi,found your channel so interesting and helpful. Tried the banana bread following the recipe, my outcome looks more like a banana cake than bread.It was however sweet, soft and very nice but one would think more of banana cake than bread

June 11, 2020

Hi, It is a very moist bread and not like regular sliced bread, but that is how it is supposed to be. I’m so glad you enjoyed the banana bread!

• Linda Hicken
    June 11, 2020

I made your banana bread recipe with raisins and walnuts and it is the best I’ve ever had. So moist and delicious! Everyday the flavors get even better.
    Love watching you create these wonderful Recipes! Best to you and your family! Stay safe.

Linda
    Logan, Utah

June 11, 2020

Aww that’s the best Linda! Thank you so much for that awesome review!

• Elisabeth
    June 11, 2020

Hi Natasha I have made the banana cake at least 10 times now and it is now our weekend treat! we just love it. Thank you

June 11, 2020

Sounds like you found a new favorite! That’s so great!

• Geraldine Pierce
    June 10, 2020

what would the bake time be as well as the temp for mini loaves?

June 10, 2020

Hi Geraldine, I haven’t tested that and I bet that could work! You will need to adjust the bake time.

• Cynthia
    June 9, 2020

If I don’t have baking soda, what can I use as substitute? Thanks.

June 10, 2020

Hi Cynthia, I haven’t tested this but baking powder may be an alternative. Just remember baking soda is 4 times stronger than baking powder.

• Geraldine Pierce
    June 9, 2020

I have always made banana muffins using raisins and walnuts or replacing raisins with crasins. I want to try your recipe but in mini loaf pans. what would be the changes in temps and baking time? I love your recipies by the way! My family went nuts for your chocolate cake and strawberry one also!

June 10, 2020

Hi Geraldine, I have not tested this in a mini loaf. It is possible but you will need to adjust the bake times.

• Geraldine Pierce
        June 11, 2020

OK so I made the mini loaves. With one recipe of banana bread, it makes 5 mini loaves! I filled 3/4 of the pans and lowered the temperature to 325. I baked for 25 minutes. ( start checking it at 25, if not quite done, check every 5 minutes) They came out moist and delish! Hubby loved them as did I! Thank you again. On to Pumpkin now.lol

June 11, 2020

That’s just awesome! I bet our readers will find this helpful! Thank you for sharing that with us Geraldine!

• Dorothy Datemasch
    June 9, 2020

can this be switched to muffins? I make so many of your recipes and am always pleased…keep up the good work.

June 9, 2020

Hi Dorothy, I haven’t tried making this in muffins yet, I imagine that should be okay however I cannot advise you of any changes in measurements since I haven’t tested it yet. If you want to do an experiment, please share with us how it goes.

• Dorian Galvan
    June 5, 2020

This recipe is so great, I was skeptical about it being moist but oh my goodness my loaf has a crunchy outer layer and the most mouth melting inside layer

June 5, 2020

I’m so happy you liked that Dorian!

• Fath
    June 4, 2020

Hi Natasha, always bake you banana recipe, my family loves it.

June 5, 2020

Thank you so much for your great feedback!

• Namrita
    June 3, 2020

Hi natasha ! this recipe is our family favorite however once i replaced sugar with honey and it was very moist … and soggy type. Pls give some healthy alternatives to white sugar and some tips to perfect it … thanks alot

June 3, 2020

Hi Namrita, I’ve had a couple of readers report using honey as a substitute with success, however, none provided details. I’m curious if there was too much of it used?

• Maureen Davenport
    June 3, 2020

HI, I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THIS WITH FIGS, HOW MANY CUPS ( FIGS COOKED AND CREAMED) WOULD I USE TO REPLACE THE BANANAS, THANKS

June 3, 2020

Hi Maureen, I haven’t tested that with figs to advise. If you experiment, please let me know how you like that.

• Rex
    June 3, 2020

Hi Natasha! My banana bread comes out great and moist, very light actually. However it falls apart easily when I slice into it. I want it to be able to hold its shape somehow.. (my only tweak is creaming the butter and sugar for at least 3mins + adding chocolate)

Could I be adding too much air? How could I fix this? Thank you!

June 3, 2020

Hi Rex, I’m not sure what you mean by + adding chocolate. We do have a chocolate chip banana bread recipe if that helps. It definitely helps to let it rest and cool to room temperature before slicing. If you slice while the bread is still warm, it will be much softer and tend to fall apart.

• Miya
    May 30, 2020

Gotta be honest – during these rough times you and the way how you present your recipes inspired me to start enjoying baking and cooking too. Love all your dessert and chicken-based recipes! Accessible ingredients, easy to make, and of course – mega tasty! Thank you Natasha!!!
    P.S. Just one question here, could we somehow replace baking soda with baking powder? Thanks!

May 30, 2020

I’m so glad you’re enjoying our recipes! Baking powder is a leavening agent that adds rising power to ingredients. Baking soda is 4 times stronger than baking powder so if you do substitute you would need to make the appropriate adjustments.

• Anjum
    May 30, 2020

Can we double this recipe? Thank you

May 30, 2020

Hi Anjum, you can definitely double this recipe! I hope you love it!

• Robert moore
    May 29, 2020

Would you repost your recipe for vanilla cupcakes? I missed it the last time. Thanks

May 29, 2020

Hi Robert, you can find it on our blog HERE.

• Anjum
    May 29, 2020

Do you think I can double this recipe and make it in a Bundt pan?

May 29, 2020

Hi Anjum, I haven’t tried it in a bundt pan but one of my readers shared this. I hope it helps! “I got the idea to pour the batter into a bundt pan. It was awesome. The bread (or the cake) baked through really well, and it wasn’t extremely dark on the outside. I also dusted it with powdered sugar on top (Natasha’s snow version. Lol) and it was very pretty. And so good. Only one little piece left:)”

• May
    May 28, 2020

Can replace with self raising flour ?

May 28, 2020

Hi May, I haven’t tested that but here is what one of our readers wrote ” I’ve just made this and couldn’t wait for it to cool to have a slice, it is lovely and light. I wasn’t sure what all-purpose flour was so I used self-raising flour and it is perfect, thank you for the recipe.” I hope that helps.

• Devon
    May 26, 2020

Thank you for this incredible banana bread recipe! You are my go to site anytime I head to the kitchen to make food for my three kids and husband. They have been surprised it’s me in the kitchen! Thank you Natasha!

May 26, 2020

You’re welcome! Thank you for your great feedback, I appreciate it!

• Marlen
    May 26, 2020

Natasha, if I could grade you even higher, I would. I am no baker and I never thought that I could bake anything that anyone would like, let alone, love. This is the easiest, most delicious and most bagged about recipe that I have ever made. I have done it twice and Im working on my third time today. The first time I used very ripe bananas, because it was all that I had and the bread came out really good. The second time I used not so ripe, but just ripe enough banana (with spots) and the really did the job. It was amazing. I followed the instructions once more on the second, but this time also added cranberries and my husband couldn’t get enough. He cant seem to get enough and is on the weekly basis requesting that I make more. So with that said Natasha, THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this amazing recipe with all. Cant wait to try some other of your recipes.

May 26, 2020

Wow! Thank you for that wonderful review! I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe!

• Dawn Hoffman
    May 26, 2020

YUMMY! Excellent banana bread recipe! I’ve made it with/without nuts, with/without raisens, with/without dark chocolate chips, & mixed combos. Doesn’t matter what combo you use or simply banana bread. This recipe comes out so moist & tastey! First time was hot banana bread breakfast, umm, I ate it all while sipping tea watching the birds in the bird bath. Before I knew it-I ate the whole thing! Thank you!

May 26, 2020

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite!

• Manana
    May 26, 2020

Best banana bread Thank you Natasha

May 26, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed that! Thank you for sharing that great review with us!

• Sherry Hadondi
    May 25, 2020

Hello Natasha! I tried the banana bread; the taste was awesome but it was a little soggy on the middle top. What could have caused it? I did not use raisins and walnuts

May 25, 2020

Hi Sherry, I have not had that experience. Did you possibly use too many bananas? This post on measuring may help your dry ingredient measurements.

• Nancy
      May 27, 2020

Bake it 5-6 minutes longer.

• Semanti
    May 24, 2020

Before trying this recipe, I had tried out 4 miserable banana bread recipes. I wasnt expecting much from this try. But pleasantly surprised how amazing this bread turned out!!! Except being a little crumbly the bread was out of the world.

May 25, 2020

That is so awesome, thanks for your great review!

• Linda
    May 23, 2020

I made this recipe but had planned on using almond flour instead and coconut sugar since I previously bought it ! I couldn’t find almond flour at the store so purchased coconut flour . My bananas were ripe and great to use but bread did not rise well . What do you think ? Does lack of baking powder have anything to do with it ? Haven’t tasted it yet either.

May 25, 2020

Hi Linda, I haven’t experimented with gluten-free flour/ coconut flour so can’t make a recommendation or suggestion. That may be the culprit.

• Jyothi
    May 23, 2020

Hi Natasha, can you please tell me size of cup used for measurement? Planning to prepare it.

• Jyothi
      May 23, 2020

Tried with the cup size I had and came out nice and moist. Thank you. Best Banana bread ever.

May 23, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m glad you enjoyed that!

May 23, 2020

Hi Jyothi, we used a measuring cup. We have this post on measuring that may be helpful to you.

• Lisa Stern
    May 22, 2020

You are not kidding. I’ve been baking a lot during this pandemic and tried quite a few banana bread recipes. My family has voted this hands down the best! It is seriously delicious and never fails. Moist and amazing. Thanks from the Stern family

May 22, 2020

That’s so great! It sounds like you have a new favorite, Lisa!

• Mary
    May 22, 2020

Shouldn’t you use a liquid like oil or butter milk or something I’ll just make a very dry cake

May 22, 2020

Hi Mary, I haven’t had it come out dry following the recipe. The bananas, eggs, and vanilla do the trick.

• Nettie Yeo
    May 21, 2020

I tried today and it is so good – soft and moist!

May 21, 2020

So great to hear your feedback, Nettie. Thank you so much!

• Dolly
    May 20, 2020

Thank you for all your recipes .
    I try 2 recipes it taste so good.we love it and I’ve gonna try more ,may be next time ,your chocolate cake . Thank you,Doll

May 20, 2020

You’re welcome! I’m so glad you’re enjoying our recipes Dolly!

• Ruslana
    May 20, 2020

Love it!!! Very recommend!!!

May 20, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed that!

• Lola Jithesh
      May 21, 2020

Hi Natasha..Tried this recipe and it came out perfectly well and my family just loved the came. Thank u so much for this recipe! Love to try more of ur recipes 😊

May 21, 2020

Thank you for sharing that with us, Lola. I hope you love every recipe that you try!

• Elizabeth Hay
    May 19, 2020

Love this recipe, and I’ve made it multiple times. I was wondering if I could use this recipe to make a non-chocolate banana bread, adding something like strawberries or blueberries instead of chocolate chips. If so, how would you recommend adding these ingredients? Would I need to coat in cornstartch prior to baking, similar to your lemon blueberry cake? Use dried fruit instead? I would love your suggestion/advice! Thank you!

May 19, 2020

Hi Elizabeth, I honestly haven’t tried baking this with any other fruit. I think the batter is thick enough that the fruit doesn’t necessarily need to be coated. If you experiment, please let me know how it goes. I haven’t experimented with dried fruit in the lemon blueberry cake.

• Anna Smith
    May 19, 2020

Hi, Natasha. I’ve tried this recipe and even if the bread turned out delicious, it was too moist. It was not fluffy and airy like yours at all. I used not so ripe bananas, could this be the cause? It was fully baked because I did the toothpick test and it came out clean, but nontheless the bread was not grown and too wet even if I followed the recipe thoroughly. Thanks!

May 19, 2020

Hi Anna, it could be the bananas or the ratio of bananas to ingredients. Was anything altered in the recipe? I also recommend this post on measuring to be sure it was measured accurately

• Kris
    May 15, 2020

I love this recipe, it is the best banana bread I’ve ever made. All of your recipes are amazing. Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

May 15, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed that Kris! Thank you for that awesome review!

• Nirian
    May 15, 2020

Hi why did you NOT put the eggs in the ingredients LIST instead of at the bottom of the list took down the recipe list went to buy my ingredients and then found out I was missing eggs this is annoying as I had to go all the way back to the supermarket which wasted my time please put the eggs on the ingredients list mary

May 15, 2020

Hi Nirian, are you possibly referring to another recipe? We have eggs listed in both areas. In the ingredient list we wrote: “2 large eggs lightly beaten” and in the blog post it says: “softened butter, eggs and of course very ripe bananas” I hope that helps

May 14, 2020

Hi Naila, I’m so glad you enjoyed this recipe. I believe it’s maybe two cups. I never measured exactly, but it doesn’t have to be precise. Just use medium/average sized bananas.

• naila
    May 14, 2020

Hi Natasha !!
    Amazing cake recipe. I just made it and it turned out perfect. Is it possible for you to provide the approximate amount of mashed bananas for this recipe? Planning on making a few loaves and wanted to have consistent results. Thank you again

May 14, 2020

• Eve
    May 13, 2020

Can I substitute for brown sugar? Or will it change the taste too much?

May 13, 2020

Hi Eve, I haven’t experimented with brown sugar, but one of my readers wrote in with the following helpful review: “The bread turns out rich and moist and wonderful!!! I have tweaked it a bit (as all bakers do) by using virgin coconut oil instead of butter, and using 1/2 cup of white sugar & 1/2 cup brown sugar in place of just white… Finally I use milk chocolate chips instead of raisins or nuts. It is to die for!!!!

• Erica Perez
    May 12, 2020

Hi. I’ve been having a hard time with my bread overcooking around the edges. Sometimes it burns because the center is undercooked. Suggestions???

May 13, 2020

Hi Erica, sometimes that can happen if you are using a very dark pan. Also, make sure you are baking on regular bake mode and not convection settings.

• Mon
    May 12, 2020

Super moist and delicious

May 12, 2020

I’m so glad you enjoyed that!

• Finai Browd
    May 11, 2020

I’ve made this recipe and my family loves it. The only thing I changed was leaving out the raisins. Natasha I love your recipes.

May 12, 2020

So awesome! Thank you so much for sharing that with us.