Home > Sides > Oven Baked Potato Wedges (VIDEO)

Oven Baked Potato Wedges (VIDEO)

These seasoned Parmesan potato wedges are quick and easy to make and come out perfect every time. They are great as a side, appetizer, or even as a delicious snack on their own.

These would make the perfect combo with our Perfect Burger. Make these for your next game day party, and you will have a happy crowd. Watch the easy video tutorial below.

Oven-Baked Potato Wedges with seasoning and Parmesan cheese with ketchup

The Secret to Crispy Potato Wedges:

You’ll love this tip for extra crispy baked potato wedges. These have a crisp and golden skin on the outside and are perfectly tender inside. Have you ever given your potatoes an ice bath? By letting them soak in cold water with 2 cups of ice for 30 minutes, it draws out the starch, making the finished product extra crispy.

If you’re really short on time you can skip this step, but they might not be a little softer than you were hoping for. Another thing to help them come out crispy is making sure the wedges are laid out in an even, single layer on your baking dish. This is super important!

Ingredients for Potato Wedges:

These potato wedges require simple but delicious ingredients: olive oil, some dried spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika), fresh parsley, and parmesan cheese. You probably have most of them in your pantry or fridge already.

Ingredients: sea salt, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper

The Best Potatoes for Potato Wedges:

We love the size, shape, and texture of Russet Potatoes best. Another great thing about Russets is how cheap they are! Some other potatoes that you can use instead of Russets are Red or Yukon Gold.

If you use Red Potatoes, you can probably skip the ice bath. They are considered a waxy potato and not starchy so it won’t draw out much starch in the ice bath. The Yukon Gold could still use that soak though. They are an equal mix between starchy and waxy, so it’ll still help to draw out some starch to help with the crispiness of the potatoes.

How to Make Baked Potato Wedges:

1. Cut potatoes into wedges by cutting lengthwise in half then slice each half into 3-4 slices depending on potato size.
  2. Place potatoes in a bowl of cold water with about 2 cups of ice cubes. Let them stand for 30 min then pat dry thoroughly with paper towels.
  3. Place seasonings into a large zip-lock bag or a mixing bowl. Add potatoes and shake them together. Next, add 1/4 cup of olive oil to the bag and toss until coated.
  4. Line baking sheet with foil. Arrange wedges in a single layer and bake at 450˚F for 30-35 min until the potatoes are cooked through, browned and crispy.
  5. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 2 Tbsp fresh parsley and 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Toss together with freshly baked potato wedges and serve.

How to make baked potato wedges in a zip-lock bag with oil, with cheese and parsley in bowl, potatoes lined on a baking sheet, and being tossed in a bowl with the parsley and cheese.

How to Keep Fries from Sticking?

This simple tip will keep your baked potato wedges from getting stuck to the baking sheet: by simply lining your baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, you won’t have them stick at all.

We also wait to add our cheese until they are fully baked. If you coat them fresh out of the oven, the cheese melts perfectly. Another plus to doing this is the time you will save NOT doing dishes. We all know how awful scrubbing burnt pans are.

Baked potato wedges with parmesan and parsley served with ketchup

Need Some Dipping Sauce Ideas?

Although these Potato Wedges are a hit on their own, having some fun dips can take them to a whole new level. These are our favorite dipping sauces for potato wedges. If you’re short on time or not up to making a fresh dip, some other great dipping sauces to have would be ketchup, ranch, or BBQ sauce.

Oven-Baked Potato Wedges on a table with ketchup and a hamburger.

More Game Day Appetizers:

If you’re looking for crowd-pleasing party appetizers that are finger-licking good, you’ll love these:

Watch the Potato Wedges Video Tutorial:

I hope this Oven-Baked Potato Wedges recipe becomes a new favorite salad for you. If you enjoyed this video, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel and be sure to click the bell icon so you can be the first to know when we post a new video.

Oven Baked Potato Wedges

Oven-Baked Potato Wedges on brown paper with ketchup

These oven baked potato wedges are easy and delicious every time. The cheese melts onto the potato wedges and they are so good!

Author: Natasha of NatashasKitchen.com
Keyword: baked potato wedges
Course: Lunch, Side Dish
Servings: 4 persons

1. Preheat oven to 450˚F. Place potatoes in a bowl of water with about 2 cups of ice cubes. Let them stand for 30 min then drain weel and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels.

2. Place 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp paprika, and 1/4 tsp black pepper into a large zip-lock bag. Add potatoes and shake them together. Next, add 1/4 cup of olive oil to the bag and toss until potatoes are coated.

3. Line baking sheet with foil. Place potatoes on the lined sheet and bake at 450˚F for 30-35 min until the potatoes are cooked through, browned and crispy.
  4. While potatoes are baking, chop 2 Tbsp fresh parsley and grate 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and place both into a large mixing bowl. Toss freshly baked potato wedges in the mixing bowl with parsley and cheese.

Oven Baked Potato Wedges

This recipe was first published in 2009. We updated the post in Jan 2020 with more tips on how to make the best crisp baked potato wedges. Here is the original recipe photo:

Oven-Baked Potato Wedges with Parmesan cheese in a dish on a table with ketchup.

These oven baked potato wedges are crisp, easy and delicious every time. So good!! @natashaskitchen

• Yuliya
    January 2, 2015

Cheese, that’s what ny recipe was missing. Perfection!

• Tashi
    December 18, 2014

This was absolutely delicious! I added more seasoning and put the potatoes in the freezer for 30 minutes. 🙂 Yum!

December 18, 2014

Thanks for the great feedback Tashi, I’m glad you liked them :).

• Diana
    December 13, 2014

I don’t have parchment paper right now. Do you think foil would work?
    TIA
    Diana

December 13, 2014

Diana, they will stick to foil, do you have Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat? Try coating non-stick baking pan with some oil, that should work as well :).

• Yelena
    November 18, 2014

I made this over the weekends. It came out delicious. My family love it.
    Natasha thank you so much for such great recipe 🙂

November 18, 2014

You’re welcome girl. Thanks so much for a great review! I’m so happy you all loved it! 🙂

• George
    October 13, 2014

Just followed this recipe to the letter and they turned out black because of the seasoning.

October 13, 2014

Black? Do you mean they got burnt? I’ve never had that experience or feedback before so I’m not sure what could have caused it to be black besides maybe over-baking them? Nothing in the seasoning should cause them to be black.

• liliya nozdratenko
    October 9, 2014

when i saw this recipe it was unique but i wasnt sure if ill like the taste..i made it and it was gone within 30 minutes..i tried some and my husband ate the rest… we loved it

October 9, 2014

You know it’s good when it disappears that quickly!! 🙂 That’s awesome :). Thanks so much for sharing your experience with me.

• Elizabeth Lincoln
    September 28, 2014

Hello Natasha, I’m writing all the way from New Zealand. I love your website. I just happened upon it today while looking for a recipe for wedges. I made these and they were so, so yummy! The only thing that went wrong for me was that the wedges were all brown and beautiful when I took them out of the oven, but by the time I tossed them and served them, they’d gone a bit soggy. They still tasted amazing, LOVE that parmesan and parsley! Just wondered if I’d done something wrong? 🙂

September 29, 2014

Elizabeth, welcome to the blog :). I’m glad you like the recipe. As far as potatoes being soggy – did they get to soak in ice water for 30 min? Also, make sure not to cover potato wedges after taking them out of the oven, otherwise they will get soggy. I hope this helps.

• Kitty
    September 23, 2014

I have to say after trying out dozens of recipes for potato wedges, this is by far the best! Ten minutes into baking and my husband was already asking what smells good! Lol! Everyone loved it, soooo good and crispy. I just finished adding it to my cookbook, yes, I’m old fashioned that way! Thank you so much for sharing!!

September 24, 2014

That’s so great! Thank you Kitty for a great review 🙂

• Nina
    August 25, 2014

I made these last week and they turned out SO good!! I’m making them again today and was just wondering: what does the ice water bath do? Will they turn out the same if I skip this step next time?

August 25, 2014

Nina, ice water pulls some of the starch out and makes potatoes more crisp when done. They will still taste good without ice bath if you are short on time :).

• Yolanda
    July 1, 2014

Hi Natasha! I love your recipe, but there’s something intriguing. I’d like to know what effect makes having the potatoes soaked in iced water.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

July 1, 2014

I believe it pulls some of the starch out of the potatoes and makes them more crisp.

• cocido de sopa
        July 2, 2014

Yes, that might be the reason. Thanks for your reply.

Cheers!

• Monica Rampo
    May 31, 2014

I am Monica from Indonesia. I found your website when I searched potato wedges recipe. I really like the appearance of your potato wedges. And after I read the recipe, I thought it will be delicious. That why today I made my first potato wedges using your recipe. It came out delicious. I love it. My daughter love ate them too. My husband really love it, he ate most of them. Next time I will make this again.
    I posted the recipe on my blog and link back to Natasha Kitchen.

Thank you for the recipe.
    Monica

May 31, 2014

Hi Monica! Welcome to my blog! I’m so happy you enjoyed the potato wedges 🙂 The photo you posted looks delicious! 🙂

• Dasha
    May 20, 2014

An absolute hit with me and mine! Family loves it and its simple as can be. Tasty and consumes little to no time. I’ve been eyeballing your other recipes and have picked a few to try out! I’ll be back on with comments!

May 20, 2014

I’m so happy you loved the recipe! Thank you for a great review 🙂 I hope you enjoy everything you try and find tons of new favorites!

• Lisa
    May 1, 2014

They were so good!! My family loved them!! Thanks for sharing!

May 1, 2014

You are welcome Lisa and thank you for a good report :).

• Liz
    May 1, 2014

Love this recipe! But wouldn’t it be neat if it said to mix all of the spices and oil with the potatoes in a mixing bowl, which works beautifully (just ask your grandmas)
    And then there would be kazillions less of those big plastic bags in the landfills. I think that would be pretty neat.

May 1, 2014

Thank you for the good review Liz and I do agree that using a mixing bowl will be better for the environment :).

• Joyce
    April 4, 2014

Looks easy and good, can not wait to try this.

April 4, 2014

Joyce, I hope you love these! 🙂

• Emily
    March 26, 2014

Awesome potatoes! I’ve tried many variations of cooking something similar but they are never quite right, but these were simply perfect! Easy clean up too, love that! Thank you!

March 27, 2014

You’re so welcome! I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe 🙂

• Dana
    March 24, 2014

I’ve tried this recipe 4 times and everyone loved it! I was scared the potatoes wouldn’t turn out soft enough in the middle so I microwaved the cut wedges for 5 minutes on high with a bit of water. It turned out perfect after baking. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for the recipe, Natasha 🙂

March 24, 2014

They always seem fully cooked when we make them even without the microwave :). I’m so glad you liked the recipe. We make these often too. It’s my husband’s specialty. 🙂

• Alexus
    March 18, 2014

Trying this recipe today right now hope it turns out great!

March 18, 2014

Hi Alexus! I hope you LOVE them! 🙂

• Kate
    March 18, 2014

Absolutely loved these!!! Seriously, thanks for your blog, sometimes i really have a hard time deciding what in the world to cook, cause im so tired of same old stuff. You save me! Please keep it up, your sooo good at it!

March 18, 2014

You’re so sweet. I’m happy to help. Thanks for the encouragement! 🙂

• Elizabeth
    March 9, 2014

Could you keep them in a food jar for example a trip down the road and would it taste bad or good ????

March 9, 2014

I think they would still taste good, but they will get softer if you put them in a container. You can reheat them lightly on a dry skillet. 🙂

• elizabeth
        March 22, 2014

Oh thanks sorry if I didn’t reply to you so long if you we’re waiting.

• Cassie
    March 7, 2014

The flavour was good but I could not get them crispy. I followed the recipe exactly. I even tried a second pan baking it much longer but no luck.

March 7, 2014

Did you do the ice bath method and use the same kind of Russet potatoes? We’ve had the most success doing that. When the potatoes were raw, were they firm (not soft)?

• Dave
    March 1, 2014

These are excellent and easy. Not sure what chilling the wedges do but who cares? They’re great. Crispy on the outside and creamy smooth on the inside and the final toss in the Parmesan and parsley is a tasty finish. Thanks Natasha
    PS: Nice photo layout too!

March 1, 2014

Thank you Dave for the great review. By the way, chilling them in the water, makes potatoes more crispy :).

• Annie
    February 27, 2014

I made these tonight, regular olive oil and with basil instead of parsley, and they turned out wonderful!! My husband said that this meal was one of the best he has ever eaten!!! 🙂

February 28, 2014

That’s fantastic!! Music to my ears (and your’s too, I’m sure!) 🙂 Thanks so much for the great review!

• Annie
    February 27, 2014

Are you able to use regular olive oil?

February 27, 2014

Yes, definitely! 🙂

• margaret Ball
    February 21, 2014

Have only made these with oil and salt before but will definitely try this recipe soon. Thanks !

February 21, 2014

I hope you love them! 🙂

• Rob
    February 11, 2014

I love the way your site is laid-out.
    Best wishes, Rob

February 11, 2014

Thanks Rob 🙂

January 24, 2014

It shouldn’t stick at all when you use parchment paper. Did you use parchment or wax paper? Wax paper would be much more likely to stick. Hope that helps!

• Olga
    January 23, 2014

Amazing! Made them last night. As a true Belarusian, I love potatoes in any shape and form. 🙂 So I was happy to find yet another way of cooking them. I will sure be making them again and again. The only thing I changed was I added chopped dill with the cheese, since we don’t really like parsley that much. Thank you so much for the recipe, Natasha!

January 23, 2014

I’m also very partial to dill. Love the stuff! I’m so glad you liked the taters! 🙂

• Veronika
    January 21, 2014

How did your husband make the avocado ranch??

January 21, 2014

He mixed guacamole with ranch. It’s something he learned back in the days when he worked at Chilis. It’s really good! I’ll have to post a quick recipe I suppose 🙂

• CandiB
    January 17, 2014

Just saw this recipe and hit “pin it.” I looked at the url and realized that it was not from your website. The pin was from a “pin-snatcher.” I found your url and pinned the recipe from it. Please let your followers know that you have been snatched and remind them that they should always follow the link to see where it leads before pinning. The recipe looks so good…cant wait to try it.
    Candace B

January 17, 2014

Thanks for the heads up! This is one of the many recipes that have been “snatched” There are so many of the scam-type of websites popping up that just steal recipes and use pinterest as an avenue to create heavy traffic to their sites. I hate it and I’m not sure how to get around it :-\

• Katie P
    January 9, 2014

Made these last night for the 1st time, they were so incredible! Super crispy better than at a restaurant! I made them with rib eye steaks. My boyfriend texted me twice today & mentioned how good dinner was. I cut the potatoes in half and then into 4 slices instead of 3 which might have made them crispier since they were smaller pieces of potato. My boys didn’t want the Parmesan cheese on theirs but I thought they were amazing with the cheese! Will definitely be making these again soon!!! Thanks for the recipe 🙂

January 9, 2014

I’m so glad you all liked the recipe. I bet it these were amazing with rib eye steaks! That’s cute that he texted you twice about how good dinner was 🙂 Thanks for sharing that with me!

• Chris
    December 30, 2013

Thank you Natasha for this great recipe! My wife asked me to make pre-New Years Eve dinner, and I had a roast which I knew how to make, but I thought some potatoe wedges would be perfect with the roast, so I looked up online and found your recipe. Turned out GREAT! Thank you, I turned out to be the hero chef, lol! Keep the great ideas coming!

December 30, 2013

Hero chef, eh? I love it! 🙂 I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe.

• Lara
    December 28, 2013

Ahhhh. No I’m not. I use Irish potatoes. We haven’t got Russets in this part of the world

• lara
    December 28, 2013

Hmm.. it must mean I’m not using enough ice cos I’ve made this twice but I can’t seem to get them crispy. Though I still love the outcome, such a delicious recipe. The parmesan and parsley complete it Totally!

December 28, 2013

Are you using the same kind of potatoes?

• lara
    December 23, 2013

What does the ice do to the potatoes?

December 23, 2013

It makes potatoes more crisp :).

• Sarey
    December 16, 2013

Thanks for the great recipe. They’re in the oven right now and smell delish. I am making them with french dip sandwiches. You must live in Utah because it is all about the fry sauce around here 🙂 My fav fry sauce has ketchup, mayo, and a little bit of bbq sauce to give it a kick. Do you have a fav?

December 16, 2013

I’ve never thought to add BBQ sauce to it, but that does sound amazing. Wow thanks so much for sharing! I’ve only been using ketchup and mayo. I live in Idaho. 🙂 Close enough 😉

• Kimberly
    November 30, 2013

Hi there. I’m new to your site. What is “fry sauce”? This recipe looks amazing and will be on my menu/grocery list this week!

December 1, 2013

It’s a weird mixture of mayo and ketchup that pretty much all burger places serve 🙂

• TIFF
    November 30, 2013

Making these right now! Can’t wait to try them.

November 30, 2013

Oh yum! I hope you love them! I must know, what are you dipping them into?

• KeishaA
    November 17, 2013

I am going to make some today for my fiance and his family. Looks like it will be awesome. One question though, can I use red potatoes instead of russet?

November 17, 2013

Red potatoes would have a different texture from russet potatoes. Russet potatoes are generally the best ones for this kind of potato wedge.

• TJxn
    November 4, 2013

Made these tonight & hubby thought they were good! Turned out crispy & delicious.

November 4, 2013

That’s awesome!! I’m so glad you enjoyed the taters 🙂

• Tierra
    October 21, 2013

I love this recipe, I’m 17 and I made them I my mom and little sister love them!! 🙂 thanks for the recipe

October 21, 2013

You are welcome Tierra, I’m craving some right now :).

• Nykky
    October 3, 2013

Trying this recipe as I write this comment. I used a little herbs de provence in the ziplock bag with the other seasonings. I have some prime rib and some asparagus to go along with the potatoes but I’m looking forward to those spuds more than anything else. Thank you for the recipe.

October 3, 2013

You are welcome Nykky, you are making me hungry :).

• Shadi
    September 28, 2013

Real hit with the kids and my wife and i loved as well. Great recipe

September 29, 2013

Awesome! So glad you all enjoyed the taters 🙂

• Erin
    September 18, 2013

These came out perfect! The seasoning was great and the addition of cheese and parsley after added that special something! My family devoured them!! Thanks for a great and easy recipe!

September 18, 2013

I’m so glad you all loved the taters 🙂 We love them too. So I guess this makes us friends?…;)

• Rachel Estes
    August 30, 2013

These look so good! I was trying to find potato recipes and found this on pinterest. I made it a part of my Pinned it Friday post here: http://littlebitsofeverythingqce.blogspot.com/2013/08/pinned-it-friday-with-rachel_30.html
    Thanks, I soooo can’t wait to make these 🙂
    Cheers!

August 30, 2013

Thank you for pinning!! I hope you love the taters! 😉

• jessica
    August 18, 2013

DO you turn these half way through cooking ???? lmk they look Delicious

August 18, 2013

No turning required 🙂

• Alina
    July 15, 2013

Can I skip the paper towel dry?
    because it gets
    The smell of paper towel on the potatoes

July 15, 2013

You might try using a tea towel instead.

• YanaP
    July 6, 2013

Delicious and EASY! Thank you!

July 6, 2013

I’m glad you like them :).

• Hennah
    July 5, 2013

Hiii, I am very fond of your recipes. They are simple and yet too delicious, love to try all. Can you please tell can I try these Potato Wedges in OTG as I don’t have Microwave 🙁

July 5, 2013

This recipe doesn’t call for any microwave use. What is an OTG?

• Lina
    May 27, 2013

If I don’t have parchment paper can I use foil?

May 27, 2013

The parchment is more of a nonstick surface. Do you have a good non stick baking pan? You could use it but it may stick a little more to it.

• Lina
        May 27, 2013

Thank you Natasha. I think I should buy some parchment paper very soon.

May 27, 2013

Its a great deal at Costco and comes in a large roll that lasts for awhile!

March 6, 2013

I made these they didnt turn out crispy for me, even tho i soaked it in iced water and all :/, they were still very very very good, and we (my husband and I) ate them without leaving any for kids lol!!! And my husband is a big, huge fan of potatoes, i mean this guy will eat them in anyway you serve it! mashed, baked, fried, cooked, v myndirax!!! Lol he is a POTATOE freak!! :)) but i would love to perfect it to your pics, any idea why woudnt they turn out crispy?

• Galya
    February 22, 2013

Hey natasha, does it have to be russet potatoes? do yellow potatoes turn out the same?

February 22, 2013

Yellow potatoes will work just as good :).

• Dina
    February 15, 2013

These turned out sooo good! I used fresh squeezed garlic instead of parsley and it was delicious. Thanks Natasha!

February 15, 2013

You are welcome Dina, I’m glad you like the recipe :).

• Lilia
    February 14, 2013

Thank you so much for this recipe, it was delicious, my husband loved it…

February 14, 2013

You’re welcome 😉 It’s an awesome feeling to have the Mr. love what you’ve made 🙂

• Tanya
    February 13, 2013

These look AMAZING! cant wait to try it. just wondering if it would work just as well with red potatoes, want to make sure before i try it lol i love red potatoes.

February 13, 2013

Recipe works great with red potatoes as well. Try to bake them at 400˚F for 40 min. Let me know how they turn out :).

• Tanya
        February 18, 2013

It turned out great!! From now on this is my new way of making potatoes. I love the idea of putting it all in the ziplock!!

February 18, 2013

Shake and bake :), I’m glad you love the recipe.

• Elina
    January 29, 2013

Will they taste different if I don’t leave them in ice?

January 29, 2013

Soaking them in ice water helps them to be more crisp; definitely recommend doing it 🙂

• JuliaKuz
    January 27, 2013

im SO making this tomorrow! Thank you!

January 27, 2013

You’re welcome. Hope you love them 🙂

• Yvonne @ bitter baker
    January 26, 2013

What a great idea to put the potatoes with the spices and the olive oil in a zip lock bag, I haven’t thought of that before 🙂

January 26, 2013

Less mess! 🙂

• Ella V.
    January 25, 2013

Just made these and my husband loved them! Printing this recipe out to add to the ones I printed out already so I can make them again 🙂

January 25, 2013

I love when my husband approves of new things I make! 🙂 Happy you both liked the recipe.

• Moms Dish
    January 23, 2013

made those today for boys and their friend… Thanks

January 23, 2013

You are welcome :).

• Inessa at GrabandgoRecipes.com
    January 22, 2013

My kids will love these! Can’t wait to make them!
    Beautiful pictures 😉

January 22, 2013

Our son loves to dip them in ketchup :). Thank you Inessa.

• Cherish
    January 21, 2013

After making these this weekend, I will never buy potato wedges from Fred Meyer or elsewhere again!! So fast and so inexpensive to make not to mention DELISH!!!!!! Oh, how am I grateful to get a daily dose of inspiration from your kitchen! Thank you!!!

January 21, 2013

I love your comment Cherish :D. At home you can eat as mush as you want for fraction of the price.

• Elvira
    January 21, 2013

I’m going to make these this week for sure. They look wonderful!

January 21, 2013

Let me know how they turn out :).

• Katie
    January 20, 2013

My hubby’s gonna love these! They’re on my menu for this week. Can’t wait to make them! I have about 5 of your recipes on my menu for this week 😀 . I don’t know if you know the movie Julie and Julia, but I decided to do to your recipes what Julie did to Julia’s. Try them all!(except I don’t blog about it). I wrote down the name of every recipe in a notebook so I can check them off as I make them and so far I like most of your food. (I’m not big on shrimp and I’m not the greatest baker). The only thing is you add new ones very often and I can’t keep up! I really enjoy seeing new recipes on your blog. Thanks for taking time to share them. 🙂

January 21, 2013

You are very welcome Katie. I have seen the movie and really liked it :). I would love to have some feedback as you make them.

• Yesenia
    January 20, 2013

Funny, how I happened to read your blog and I just so happened to make these today! they were yummy.

January 20, 2013

Thank you Yesenia. Potatoes never go out of style :).

• Alana K
    January 19, 2013

Mase these today they were sooooo good!!! Thank u!!!!

January 19, 2013

You are most welcome 🙂

• Mariya F.
    January 19, 2013

Baking these in the oven AS WE SPEAK!! 🙂 Just CAN’T WAIT TO TRY THEM!!!! 😀

January 19, 2013

Aw, I wish I had these in the oven as we speak 😉 Let me know what you think.

• Mariya F.
        January 19, 2013

They turned out GREAT!! (As always your recipes do! ;)) My father-in-law happened to be over and he said these were good, which means they REALLY had to be good cuz that man is even pickier with food than my husband is! LOL 😉 Thanks once again Natasha!! 😀

January 19, 2013

YES!! It’s the best feeling when parents love what we make 🙂

• Tatyana
    January 19, 2013

Wow, what a great recipe!

January 19, 2013

• Let the Baking Begin!
    January 19, 2013

I make these potatoes, but have never done it with Parmesan. Clever 😉
    Usually we serve these potatoes with either herring and onions or home made sourcreaut. Yum!
    Ps. Love the composition of the photos. Is this using artificial lighting source?

January 19, 2013

Picture was taken next to the window, no artificial lighting.

• Mila
    January 18, 2013

These looking amazing! Can’t wait to try 🙂 Thanx darling!!

January 18, 2013

Let me know how you like them after making them :).

• Anastasia Morozyuk
    January 18, 2013

Looks amazing going to try this 🙂 thank you

January 18, 2013

You are welcome Anastasia :).

• Rita
    January 18, 2013

OH WOW yumm!! im 13 and love using ur recipes! defenitly going to try this! i made ur vanilla cupcakes! my mom said she has never tasted such good cupcakes!! they were gone less than a hour! i have a big fat ukrainiann family 🙂 thank you!!!1

January 18, 2013

I love reading comments like this. You are welcome Rita :).

• Katia
    January 18, 2013

Is the second step, “Place potatoes in a bowl of water with about 2 cups of ice cubes. Let them stand for 30 min”, really important or can I skip it?

January 18, 2013

According to my husband, you’ll get crispier results if you soak for 30 minutes.

• Tawnya
        October 21, 2013

I skipped that step and thought they were fine:)

• Cam Ragland
          January 7, 2014

me too!

• Olena@iFOODreal.com-High protein and low carb recipes
    January 18, 2013

Natasha, did they turn out crispy? I wonder if I could skip olive oil or use like a tbsp?! I tried to make yam fries twice in the oven before. One time they were not crispy, the other time they were sort of crispy with 1 tbsp of egg whites.

January 18, 2013

Yes they were crispy; especially fresh out of the oven. I haven’t tried with yams but that would be tasty too!

• Dawn
      January 21, 2014

I realize this is over a year old but you will not get yams to turn out as crispy as a normal potato. You would have to add cornstarch. I was on a mission to find the perfect “crispy” sweet potato fry recipe. My friend who’s a chef finally told me yams don’t have the correct type of starch that potatoes have – which is why they don’t crisp on their own.

• alana
    January 18, 2013

wow def need to try this weekend! Thanks babe!:)

Oh I hope you love it! 🙂