Peach Cake Recipe (VIDEO)
This fresh peach cake recipe is loaded with a pound of sweet summer peaches. It comes together quickly and is perfect for unexpected company! This also makes for a great morning or coffee cake because it’s lightly sweet and every bite just melts in your mouth.
This peach cake always disappears fast! The last time I baked it, I served a slice to my cute 4-year old nephew who is a “selective eater” and I laughed when he dove right in, face planting right into his slice – who needs a fork?! It was the funniest sight and pretty obvious he loved it!
This peach cake has a soft and moist crumb with a hint of lemon and every bite is bursting with fresh peach flavor. This is an easy, excellent cake you will make again and again! Watch the how-to video to see just how easy it is!
Watch How to Make Fresh Peach Cake Recipe:
This cake base also works great with other stone fruit such as cherries and plums. If you test any other fruit, let me know! I’m always on the lookout for new ideas with this is amazing cake base!
Simple Ingredients for Peach Cake Recipe:
⬇️Print-Friendly Peach Cake Recipe:
Peach Cake Recipe (VIDEO)
- 1½ cups (190 grams) all-purpose flour, measured correctly*
- 1½ tsp (4 grams) baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup (12 Tbsp or 170 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (210 grams) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ tsp grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb (3 large) peaches, pitted, peeled and sliced into cubes (Reserve ½ peach to slice for topping)
- Confectioners sugar for dusting
- Prep: Preheat Oven to 350˚F, grease a 9" springform pan with cooking spray. Peel and dice peaches into ½" thick pieces.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dry ingredients 1½ cups flour, 1½ tsp baking powder and ¼ tsp salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together 12 Tbsp butter with 1 cup sugar on high speed for 4-5 minutes or until fluffy. Beat in 3 large eggs, 1 at a time, allowing them to incorporate into batter between each egg. Once eggs are in, beat another minute on med/high speed. Grate and beat in ½ tsp lemon zest and ½ tsp vanilla extract.
- With mixer on low speed, beat in flour ⅓ at a time, mixing just until well blended. Gently fold in the peaches until well incorporated then transfer batter to greased springform pan and smooth out the top. Bake at 350˚F for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean without wet batter. Let cake cool in pan 10 minutes then run a thin spatula around the edges to loosen from the pan and allow the cake to cool to room temperature.
- Dust cake with powdered sugar and arrange reserved peach slices in a ring around the center of the cake.
Notes*To measure flour correctly, spoon it into a measuring cup and level off the top. If you simply push your measuring cup into the flour bin, you can get 25%+ excess in your cup.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
Tools You will Need for this Recipe:
This really is so delicious! I’d pass you a slice if I could! I hope this becomes a new favorite for you. Try it and let us know how much you loved it in a comment below. Have a delicious weekend, my friends!
Loads of love and appreciation for you ❤️