Shrimp Scampi Recipe
The best Shrimp Scampi Recipe! Succulent shrimp in the most delicious garlic butter and wine sauce drizzled with freshly squeezed lemon juice. The dish is prepared in 10 minutes from start to finish with impressive results.
This restaurant quality classic shrimp scampi is so easy to recreate at home. Shrimp Scampi can be served as an appetizer or a quick and easy dinner like our Shrimp Scampi Pasta.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Hey, hey! Valentina with Valentina’s Corner sharing a recipe for the easiest Shrimp Scampi!
What is Shrimp Scampi?
Shrimp Scampi is an amazing Italian shrimp dish. It calls for large shrimp or prawns seasoned, then cooked and generously smothered in a butter, garlic and wine sauce served with freshly squeezed lemon juice. The flavors come together and produce a restaurant-quality dinner from the comfort of home. This recipe is perfect for a date night dinner at home.
This is a great recipe if you are on the keto diet. If you are completely removing wine when on the keto diet, the wine may be completely substituted for broth.
How to Make Shrimp Scampi?
This easy shrimp scampi is sure to impress not only with how simple and quick the dish is to prepare but also the flavor of the dish and WOW aesthetic appeal.
- Season and sautee shrimp just until cooked through
- Remove shrimp from pan and cover to keep warm
- Saute garlic with butter, pour in the wine and broth and simmer
- Add the shrimp back to the pan, top with fresh parsley and squeeze in lemon juice
- Toss to combine and enjoy immediately
NOTE: Don’t overcook the shrimp or it will taste rubbery and dry. Cook just until both sides are opaque and pink in color.
What is the Best Wine for Shrimp Scampi?
Your favorite dry white wine may be used in this wine sauce such as Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, or Sauvignon Blanc.
Do not use anything labeled “cooking wine” for shrimp scampi which are often low quality, taste terrible and contain additives. There is no need to break the bank. A reasonably priced ($8-$10 per bottle) dry white wine would work really well for shrimp scampi.
Can I make Shrimp Scampi Without Wine?
Yes, if you don’t have wine or don’t like to cook with wine, just substitute the wine for chicken broth. Season sauce with additional salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste, if needed.
More Shrimp Recipes to Try:
- Shrimp Fried Rice – perfect for meal prep
- Shrimp Pasta – in creamy Alfredo sauce
- Bang Bang Shrimp – flavor packed
- Shrimp and Salmon Recipe– One pan meal
- Coconut Shrimp – with the best dipping sauce
What can I serve with Shrimp Scampi?
You can enjoy them as an appetizer paired with a crusty French bread to dip into that amazing sauce, or enjoy this seafood dish as a main course with your favorite side. Shrimp scampi pairs well with mashed potatoes or white rice and baked asparagus, or you can toss this scampi with your favorite pasta.
I can’t wait for you to give this Shrimp Scampi Recipe in the best wine sauce a try and be totally impressed.
Try these other EASY dinner recipes:
- Fish Tacos – with the best fish taco sauce!
- Chicken Stir Fry – satisfies the craving for takeout
- Chicken Parmesan – easy way to feed a crowd
Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Combine the salt, pepper and paprika then sprinkle it over the shrimp and toss to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over med/high heat. Once hot, add shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes per side just until cooked through. Remove the shrimp from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic and butter, saute over medium heat for 1 minute until fragrant, stirring frequently so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Pour in the wine and broth then cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan. Add fresh parsley and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the shrimp to taste. Toss lightly to combine and serve shrimp scampi right away.
Nutrition Per Serving
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen